Tutoring as an extracurricular

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rftgy

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i was just wondering would it be valid to put math tutoring as an extracurricular, i mean i know the answer is yes, but the reason i am saying it could be a no is because i dont really have any sort of supervisor or anything, its just me who tutored others, will that hold up on an app or in interviews and stuff? ive tutored pre calc, trig, and college algebra all throughout college, and ive taken up to calc 2. Just wondering, thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, i was just wondering would it be valid to put math tutoring as an extracurricular, i mean i know the answer is yes, but the reason i am saying it could be a no is because i dont really have any sort of supervisor or anything, its just me who tutored others, will that hold up on an app or in interviews and stuff? ive tutored pre calc, trig, and college algebra all throughout college, and ive taken up to calc 2. Just wondering, thanks guys
Yeah it counts as an extracurricular. Even if you don't have a supervisor you're still spending your personal time to help others.

Reactions: 1 user
Also looks good as a leadership quality

Members don't see this ad :)
If you were paid for this, then i'm pretty sure it goes under work experience. I tutor in french and am paid so i put it under work experience.

I tutored in grad school and just listed myself as a self employed tutor on my dental school app