Two dumb questions about transferring in undergraduate school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlfonsTheGuru

Surgeons aren't what they used to be.
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
  1. Does the school I'm transferring to care about my high school grades?
  2. Let's say I earn a C in a class, and I retake it and get an A. Would my GPA be calculated as an average between the C and the A or what?
 
  1. Does the school I'm transferring to care about my high school grades?
  2. Let's say I earn a C in a class, and I retake it and get an A. Would my GPA be calculated as an average between the C and the A or what?
1. If you're transferring as a junior, they most likely won't really care
2. Probably averaged when you apply to med school, the A would replace the C if you applied DO though
 
1. If you're transferring as a junior, they most likely won't really care
2. Probably averaged when you apply to med school, the A would replace the C if you applied DO though
I got my GED. This means they couldn't care less about my GED score (it was above average)? When I transfer though between undergraduate schools, will it be replaced then?
 
I don't know much about the first question, but it probably depends on what your academic standing is when you transfer. If you have a sufficient college-level transcript, I don't see why they would run down your highschool grades.

As for the second question, I'll assume you mean for the sake of medical school admissions. MD schools will take the average of both grades. DO schools offer grade replacement, and the new grade will replace the old grade.