Two more questions for the Great Pumpkin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rudy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey GP,

For those of us getting ready to start our Pathology residency in a few months, please shed some light on two questions:

1) Which Surgical Pathology text do you prefer, Sternberg or Rosai? Which books do you think are "must buys" for path residency?

2) Do you have any tips/strategies regarding how to approach the daunting task of learning pathology (ie how to organize your study file, how to balance broad vs case-based reading, etc.)

Thanks in advance. I always appreciate your insights on this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

I like sternberg best, but the other is fine too. I would wait and buy your major surg path book after you start residency. Book fund.

Do you have any tips/strategies regarding how to approach the daunting task of learning pathology (ie how to organize your study file, how to balance broad vs case-based reading, etc.)

good question when you figure it out tell me hehe. I just read, read, read and listen listen listen. No system here.

....and why aren't you the moderator for this forum?? You always give such good advice,are always helpful and willing to answer all of our questions.:) !

Hehe, thanks.

I really loved this site when I was trying to make residency decisions. And, wished I would have had all this info for getting into med school. I would have made alot fewer mistakes.

I sure hope when everyone matches and goes off to their programs they will come back and contribute. Maybe even talk about some residency problems, concerns or even cool things they have seen.