No more flying to Tampa for Boards!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ABPath announced today that all future Primary and Subspecialty exams will be administered exclusively at commercial testing centers.

Seriously, it’s about time don't you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
ABPath announced today that all future Primary and Subspecialty exams will be administered exclusively at commercial testing centers.

I suppose that's good news, though now people won't get to experience Bern's Steak House, which was a requirement for every test taker.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose that's good news, though now people won't get to experience Bern's Steak House, which was a requirement for every test taker.
It looks like nearby Shula's steak house is permanently closed. Starbucks, Panera, and Petco are still open across the street in the strip mall.

It was nicer back in Chicago, especially since it was “home”. After the exam we went to the bar at the top of the Hancock bldg and i kept running into a mirror with my hands out going “ pardon me, excuse me”. I was pretty lit. Too bad the Miracle Mile is no longer safe. I bet the 4 seasons loves it.

It was nicer back in Chicago, especially since it was “home”. After the exam we went to the bar at the top of the Hancock bldg and i kept running into a mirror with my hands out going “ pardon me, excuse me”. I was pretty lit. Too bad the Miracle Mile is no longer safe. I bet the 4 seasons loves it.
I wouldn't feel safe on the miracle mile any more, particularly after school is out and the droves of south siders take the train north to harass businesses, tourists and pretty much anyone in their path.

I wouldn't feel safe on the miracle mile any more, particularly after school is out and the droves of south siders take the train north to harass businesses, tourists and pretty much anyone in their path.

It is a real shame. As with me, obviously that area was near and dear to your heart.

Are you referring to the Magnificent Mile? What has happened there? Is it recent? Covid obviously killed my travel but I go to Chicago frequently and never really felt unsafe there.

Are you referring to the Magnificent Mile? What has happened there? Is it recent? Covid obviously killed my travel but I go to Chicago frequently and never really felt unsafe there.
every year there are gangs of bored south side youth that parade en mass through parks, along the streets, harassing people, getting in fights, occasionally looting. i have family there and they say it's to the point they wouldn't recommend even visiting in the summer, much less stay at a hotel anywhere near there.

Yup, no real reason for everyone to go to a single testing site when there's no oral examination. It should be no different than taking it at a commercial testing center for the USMLE.

On the downside for future residents, no more drinks and lap dances to celebrate at Mons Venus afterwards...😜

There is actually an establishment called Mons Venus? I feel sheltered down in Sarasota area with all my mennonite friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user