General Admissions & OTCAS Two Questions: References & Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spup

Reaction score
Hello,
I just sent an email to OTCAS asking these questions however since they have already closed for the weekend I figured I might have better luck getting some answers quickly here : )

1) Does an application have to be verified by the due date to be considered as entered on time? Does it depend on the school?
2) One of my schools wants a character reference along with an OT and a professor. Most of my other schools will not accept a character reference. My first three references are 2 OTs and a professor. I have added a fourth reference that is a former employer to be my character reference. While I need my first three recommendations by October, my fourth I do not need until December. When submitting my requests I gave my fourth evaluator a due date of late November. My current concern: will having a pending fourth evaluation disrupt the 'completion' or sending of my application due in October? That school does not need the fourth evaluation so I am hoping it will just be sent without it.

Hope to hear from yall soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure the verification varies by school. From what I remember, some of the schools I applied to said they had to be verified by the due date and the others didn't say anything about it. If it doesn't specifically say on the website, you should contact the individual schools to find out.

I don't *think* the reference being pending will affect your application. Your application can be verified without the references being completed, so I would think the application would still be sent to the school. It may show on the app that the fourth reference is incomplete, but as long as you have the required ones submitted it should be fine.