Two questions that come up in interviews that I need help with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allie86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these are basic, which are probably the ones that trip you up the most:

1- What's the latest in medical advances/news/ current events? (Good websites for meical News would be appreciated!)

2- Latest in medical technology or a technological advancement that you think will revolutionize medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

Gene therapy.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYTimes or Wall Street Journal. You can get an online subscription for cheap and just read the sections/stories that pertain to your area of interest. It might just be two or three stories per week but I've found interesting material for my classes in those papers. (You can also read them at your school library if that works for you.)

NYTimes or Wall Street Journal. You can get an online subscription for cheap and just read the sections/stories that pertain to your area of interest. It might just be two or three stories per week but I've found interesting material for my classes in those papers. (You can also read them at your school library if that works for you.)

Acutally, you can read most NYT articles online for free... just register with your email address and they will send you health/science/international politics/etc articles everyday (or just sunday). It is pretty cool. I thought it would be good for me to read more and I get it sent to me, but probably only get around to reading them once or twice a week.

Acutally, you can read most NYT articles online for free... just register with your email address and they will send you health/science/international politics/etc articles everyday

I have the free access but rather recently NYT went offering more of its material for a subscription fee.

I get the table of contents of JAMA and Archives of Internal Medicine set to me and I'm able to access the full text through my school's online subscription. JAMA offers a nice "this week in JAMA" synopsis that is written for a lay audience (more or less a press release explaining the week's articles).

Suffice to say that reading something is going to help.

GOOGLE for pete's sake. What's "hot" today won't necessarily be when you interview. Read what comes up, then take the one's you like (say, disaster readiness for med professionals, or electronic medical records) and google that. Google the names of drs who did research in a topic you read about (say, gene therapy)

NIH website.