Two quick questions about D.O. application.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrshumMurshum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.) When is the "early" period for applying to D.O. schools considered over.

2.) Does the D.O. application allow you to omit misdemeanors that are minor traffic violations. I.E. speeding. (The state I live in, speeding tickets are considered misdemeanors.)

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about number 2, but I'd say mid to late august would be about the time a primary app goes from being early to just normal. It takes quite a few weeks for that thing to get verified.

The application does not discriminate against people with speeding tickets. They do ask you if you've had any misdemeanors and if so, explain. Simply explain your situation and I'm sure you'll be in the clear

Members don't see this ad :)
Speeding tickets are infractions, and you don't need to report those. Unless, of course, you were really haulin' and got a wreckless driving misdemeanor, in which case you have to list it and any other misdemeanors (and felonies).

Speeding tickets are infractions, and you don't need to report those. Unless, of course, you were really haulin' and got a wreckless driving misdemeanor, in which case you have to list it and any other misdemeanors (and felonies).

Unfortunately the state I live in any type of speeding ticket is considered a misdemeanor.

Speeding tickets are (usually) classified as traffic violations, not criminal. Traffic violations (speeding, illegal turn, etc.) normally don't show up on criminal background checks (since they're traffic violations).

However... when in doubt, document. There are far worse offenses than speeding. Good luck! :)