Twu fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aBRONCS10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from TWU???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from TWU???:confused:

I haven't yet, but when I talked to admissions a week ago they said it would be the first couple of weeks in November. I don't think it's quite time to sweat.

I haven't yet, but when I talked to admissions a week ago they said it would be the first couple of weeks in November. I don't think it's quite time to sweat.

Yea i just called and they said the same thing... Did you apply to other ot programs in Texas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i just called and they said the same thing... Did you apply to other ot programs in Texas?

I live and work and more importantly, have free housing, in Houston so I'm not applying to any other schools. I plan on sending in my app for UTMB soon though.

Congratulations! Which TWU campus did you apply to? :)

Yeah, They told me the first couple weeks on Nov. What were ur grades like. I applied for Houston as well. Hopefully they will come this week!

I received my interview invite to TWU Dallas on the 1st of Nov. Does anyone know of any blogs or info on what to expect from the interview and how to prepare? Good luck to those waiting to hear back. From what I hear a lot more invites should be going out this week.

That's good that there will still be some out this week, I live in a small town and our mail here is kinda slow. lol

Was your first choice houston?

And you can find students there at campus that can tell you, If you go for a visit and there is a site on there connect with students. I asked the lady I got my hours with but she said it was so long ago she couldn't remember if she tried.

I would look at recent graduates. Not international students though, their writing sample is different that regular students from what I am told ( Just at TWU ).

Actually, Houston wasn't an option for me since I have a home here in Dallas. I didn't receive a letter in the mail either. I was notified by email and I had to call in to confirm that I would be attending. The interview date for Dallas is December 3rd. Thanks for the info. I have seen a lot of sites where people refer to the writing sample but I haven't seen any specific info on what the writing task actually consists of.

Quick question for those of you who have received your email notification for the interview: did you have all of your prereqs completed before you applied? I'm finishing up my last two this semester and trying not to become a neurotic spaz, but the waiting is killing me. I keep having horrible thoughts like what if they calculated my GPA wrong or I did something stupid on the application. Ok, maybe it's too late and I've officially become a neurotic spaz.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for those of you who have received your email notification for the interview: did you have all of your prereqs completed before you applied? I'm finishing up my last two this semester and trying not to become a neurotic spaz, but the waiting is killing me. I keep having horrible thoughts like what if they calculated my GPA wrong or I did something stupid on the application. Ok, maybe it's too late and I've officially become a neurotic spaz.

You should definitely call up there if you know your credentials were strong.

I don't want to get into specifics, but there may or may not have been a miscommunication/mistake that happened between Denton and Houston with my application, after calling to inquire, it is now sorted out and I got my invite today.

So in other words, mistakes happen and you should make sure all of your materials have properly transferred.

You should definitely call up there if you know your credentials were strong.

I don't want to get into specifics, but there may or may not have been a miscommunication/mistake that happened between Denton and Houston with my application, after calling to inquire, it is now sorted out and I got my invite today.

So in other words, mistakes happen and you should make sure all of your materials have properly transferred.

Thanks for the info. I would hope I'd get an interview based on my stats.

Undergrad GPA - 3.5
Last 60 - 3.9
Prereqs - 4.0 (finishing last two this semester)
Volunteer Hours - almost 400

Yeah I am calling tom. if I do not have anything in the mail today. However, they said the second week on Nov, and it is only Wed.

I had all pre-reqs complete with the exception of Neuro A&P which I plan to have completed before the fall.

I have an interview in Houston on Dec. 3rd.

I have a friend that's in the PT program at TWU asking OT people she knows about the interview for me!

I was also invited for an interview at the Houston Campus on Dec 3rd! good luck everyone =) and if you know anything about the interview please post up! I have a friend who is in the program as well. She said the interview is not all that bad.

Some tips:

1. always ask them a question or two, when they ask you for feedback.
2. Why do you want to be an OT
3. What was your hardest class
4. Qualities of an OT
5. Why do you want to go to TWU

And she said there was a writing a sample, but she doesn't quite remember. I went to the open house, and the faculty said, we would be given a passage. And questions to the passage, to determine our thinking pattern...or how we come up with solutions or something. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask..

I will be at the Houston Dec 3rd interview to, I had an interview with them last year as well. Don't stress about the writing sample. Last year the sample prompt was about working with a difficult patient, we were asked how we would act if we were the patient's OT.

are you a re-applicant? And what were the interview questions like?

She said that they ask you a lot of questions about what made you want to do OT and how your life has impacted why you want to do it. And they did a mini case study thing while they were waiting for the actual interviews. She said over all it wasn't bad.

MOTexas:
Yes I am a re-applicant, last year I was rejected from TWU and waitlisted but not accepted at UTMB (I applied much earlier this year)

The only questions I can think to add to your list from above are
Tell us a challenge, and how you overcame that challenge
And how do you think your graduate studies will differ from your undergraduate studies

Thanks for the info. I would hope I'd get an interview based on my stats.

Undergrad GPA - 3.5
Last 60 - 3.9
Prereqs - 4.0 (finishing last two this semester)
Volunteer Hours - almost 400

Well, I guess I was wrong as I received my no thanks email today.

Drinky drinky time.:barf:

Hey guys! I am new to SDN so I just wanted to say hello. I am attending the TWU Dallas campus interview on December 3 as well and was hoping I could find some info about the interview/writing portion on here. :xf:

Well, I guess I was wrong as I received my no thanks email today.

Drinky drinky time.:barf:

no way how could you with perfect states be rejected? I don't believe it.

Even ppl with WAY lower GPA than you get in... what was wrong?

no way how could you with perfect states be rejected? I don't believe it.

Even ppl with WAY lower GPA than you get in... what was wrong?

Not sure what happened, but after receiving the thanks but no thanks email I received an interview invite. Needless to say my emotions went from one extreme to the other.

I am going to the interview tomorrow! Thank you for all of your posts and help! Good luck and keep me posted on all of your outcomes!

So, how did you guys feel about the interview on Friday?????

So, how did you guys feel about the interview on Friday?????

The interview went fine, however, I was a little rattled by the swimsuit and talent portion....I knew I shouldn't have sung Celine Dion :D.

Lol. Yeah Celine might have been a little overboard. It didn't seem like there were many guys, if any at all, there.

Lol. Yeah Celine might have been a little overboard. It didn't seem like there were many guys, if any at all, there.

I was one of the guys. Yeah I believe only about 15% of OTs are male. The interview was pretty enjoyable actually but the writing portion was a little muddled with the constantly counting words bit.

I thought my interview went ok. I'm trying not to start watching my calendar until the 18th:eek:

Lol, very true. Actually, I will start watching mine around noon on the 17th!

hey yall. I think my interview went well also. very relaxed... Twomoreclasses and grizzo did u 2 apply to dallas or houston. and y the 17th? i thought we would find out in February.

I applied to Dallas. I said the 17th because during the interview that is when they said they would be making their reccomendations. Whether we get an email that day or not Im not sure, but I'm hopeful to hear something that day.

I applied to Dallas. I said the 17th because during the interview that is when they said they would be making their reccomendations. Whether we get an email that day or not Im not sure, but I'm hopeful to hear something that day.

The 17th is only when they make their recommendations to the graduate school who then will be the ones who will send out your acceptance. Originally, January was when we were supposed to hear something from the grad school, but we were told during the Houston interview that we probably wouldn't hear anything until Feb.

I just got off the phone with Lucy at the Dallas location and she said they would be sending out emails this Friday letting us know if we got a recommendation or not! So excited/nervous!! Good luck everyone!

I applied to the Dallas Campus, but I wish I had picked Houston as my first choice.

...today I'm offically nervous.:eek:

Why do you wish you would have selected Houston as 1st choice?

Did Lucy happen to mention around what time they are sending out e-mails? I'm driving myself insane constantly checking, haha. Has anyone else received one yet?

Did Lucy happen to mention around what time they are sending out e-mails? I'm driving myself insane constantly checking, haha. Has anyone else received one yet?
So I guess I just got put on the waiting list.

I received my email about 30 minutes ago. I have been reccomended for acceptance. God is great! Best of luck to everyone!

I was recommended too :D.

I have family in both Dallas and Houston so it was hard to decide which city I hoped to get.

I have not received an email yet regarding the reccomendations...Do you know if it was only the Dallas Campus interviews that received the email or Houston also??

Getting nervous, If they sent it out by yesterday, even if we arent (god forbid) wouldn't they let us know?

So far it looks like all the emails that have been received have been from Dallas. I know the Dallas campus stated they would send out emails on the 17th but I have no idea what Houston's plans are. I wouldn't sweat it yet if I were you. Im sure they will be sending out emails whether your selected or not. Best of luck to you.

And for those of you that got put on the waiting list, Lucy told me that over the last few years, everyone that was put on the waiting list ended up getting into the program, so stay optimistic! Good luck to everyone from the Houston campus!! :xf:

Has anyone contacted the Houston campus to see if/when they will be sending out recommendation emails?

FOTH, Yes I did email and call them. They said due to the excessive applicants this year, they have 2nd round of interviews, in january. They will be sending out letters in March. Pray, wait, and hope for the best! thats all we can do now.. sadly