TX C2 without a printed phone#??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CountBy5s

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
C2 from out of town without a phone number, would you ever consider filling this script? What if the MD called stated it was an old pad and now practices at a different local address and local phone number?

How do you handle this situation and what Texas laws influenced your decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see the problem. What does the phone number have to do with the validity of the C2?

I had a fake script once. Only give away was a different office number than the one in our computer system. (Also, it was an oxycodone 30mg IR so a little suspicious to begin with). Watch out for fake numbers and if the office number doesn't match what you have on file, verify the number using the practice's website or by searching on NPPES
NPPES NPI Registry

I had a fake script once. Only give away was a different office number than the one in our computer system. (Also, it was an oxycodone 30mg IR so a little suspicious to begin with). Watch out for fake numbers and if the office number doesn't match what you have on file, verify the number using the practice's website or by searching on NPPES
NPPES NPI Registry
I always use NPPES to check for good phone numbers. One time their website was down, so I called the number on the Rx and asked for the doc's NPI. I got put on hold for a few minutes and then disconnected. I guess the forgers didn't do their research beforehand.

Unfortunately, the NPI registry has been scraped and reposted to a half dozen other sites, so that won't work again.

Reactions: 1 user