TX / NC / GA Job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmercist

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently working as a staff pharmacist in a retail chain in south FL for past 2 years after grad. I am looking at clinical opportunities, either with hospitals / PBM or even industry. I have been looking around in Florida as I am willing to relocate but there just does not seem to be any good opportunities. I would appreciate if any one can provide any information on the pharmacist job market in TX , NC and GA as those are the states I am considering to relocating to.
 
Last edited:
I'll chip in for GA. You'll have your work cut out for you looking opportunities in hospitals, PBMs, or industry. The vast majority of job openings in hospitals require either a residency or several years of hospital experience. Even for the few rural hospitals don't list such a requirement, you might be seen as less competitive than a new grad who hasn't yet lost their knowledge of clinical parameters and IV/hospital drugs. You might eventually find one if you decide to keep looking for 4+ months though. I don't know much about PBM and industry jobs, but they are much rarer to find. Most will either require some sort of MBA or fellowship.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advice from an active job seeker:

There are no PBMs or industry jobs that I know of in GA. The closest is probably HCA and they are 4 hours away in TN. Maybe Kaiser Permanente GA but they have their residents, and competing with them is pretty much not going to happen.

Even if you find a clinical job, it will be in podunk GA about 1.5 hours away from a major city, and like @TheBlaah said, it will still be competitive vs. an undergrad. This may be another time when residency will open more doors for you.