TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got one too, but it was a generic sounding mass email. It also said that we'd have to wait until after the next two interviews for another review if we didn't get an acceptance.

Knickerbocker, Was your email sent by Ms. Harrison?

Members don't see this ad.

It was from Mike Schwettman. I'm pretty sure it was a generic mass email, so I'm not getting excited, especially since they do have my records. It was just a "if your records aren't complete, do it" notice. And also a "we didn't like you much, but we are still going to review you another time or two" notice.

My friend got an email from Mike too, I guess it's not much of surprise.

To P1 student:Where in Texas Tech website shows our financial aid status?

Members don't see this ad :)
The Harrison email is the one you want... mine went into my spam folder and i never saw it so I got the Harrison phone call...

The Harrison email is the one you want... mine went into my spam folder and i never saw it so I got the Harrison phone call...
lol...i don't know why that sounds funny. :) Actually, I was in San Antonio for a two day getaway during Spring Break when I apparently got an e-mail about an invitation invite. (I couldn't really check my application online because my husband brought his school loaned laptop in our trip and it was blocking everything where you have to sign on like facebook, online apps, etc.) So the next morning, my cell phone rings, waking me up and it was the "Harrison phone call." And the..."you need to check online and pick a date for your interview..."

Actually, I wouldn't look too much into who notifies you because if that was the case, I think Mike Schwettman is who you would rather hear from, being that he's the Director of Admissions and all. But honestly, it doesn't matter. Just get your stuff done ASAP

i got the email also, i got kinda excited but then read the other posts, i'll keep my fingers crossed and good luck to everybody else

bringing it back............:thumbup::thumbup:

any of you guys know if deferring acceptance for a year is possible? if so, who do i contact?

lol...it's personal....unless you wanna hear and believe a long drawn out story about me knockin up a girl and wanting to spend time with the birthing process...

well that's always a good career starter i guess...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone seen a change in their online status yet?! I've been refreshing the freakin' page since like 930 this morning! They did say Friday, right?

Has anyone seen a change in their online status yet?! I've been refreshing the freakin' page since like 930 this morning! They did say Friday, right?

yep, just hang in there....I am crossing fingers for my friends too~~!!!:)
I got mine around 2:15pm....

Has anyone heard anything??? :confused:

Has anyone heard anything??? :confused:

The post before yours (as well as some earlier posts in this thread) indicated that notices were sent after 2:00 CST in the past.

Also, people are never quiet or secretive when they get an acceptance, so there's no need to ask.

I got the letter in the mail just now. My online status still says "Review Interview Dates." This letter better not be a really mean joke from one of my (ex) friends! :)

I got the letter in the mail just now. My online status still says "Review Interview Dates." This letter better not be a really mean joke from one of my (ex) friends! :)

CONGRATS!!:hardy:
Will you be attending to TT then? Abilene or Amarillo?;)

Congratulations! Another Abilene 22 acceptance!

I wish they would hurry up and update the online applications so I can stop checking.

Bring it on, ppl...:love:I love to see ppl announcing "I GOT IN" with lots of exclamation marks!!!!!!:D:D:D

I got in! I got the acceptance online but nothing in the mail yet. Good luck guys!

Thanks everyone! I am accepted for Abilene, and I will probably go there. But I have an interview at UT tomorrow, so who knows? I'm just excited that I got into Tech because it's my first choice. :hardy:

I still haven't heard anything! Does anyone know if ALL online status changes happen today - or do they overlap into tomorrow?

I think they typically do it all in one day.

They started late, so we still might have a chance today. If not, we'll just have to wait three more weeks for another chance.

I received my acceptance today--not the letter, but by my online status...where does it say which campus I'll be going to? I interviewed in Abilene--I guess that's where I will be?

I received my acceptance today--not the letter, but by my online status...where does it say which campus I'll be going to? I interviewed in Abilene--I guess that's where I will be?

They will notify you in the official acceptance letter. Most likely you will go to
your first choice.

Congrats by the way.:D

Thanks everyone! I am accepted for Abilene, and I will probably go there. But I have an interview at UT tomorrow, so who knows? I'm just excited that I got into Tech because it's my first choice. :hardy:
that's awesome redley! too bad you won't be renting my house though...lol :laugh:

Congrats to everyone who just got accepted! It's exciting. :)

I've been trying to search for apartments, and I have misplaced my black folder with all the apartment listings in it. Would anyone mind scanning & sending me a copy?

Any April 18th interviews yet?

I've been trying to search for apartments, and I have misplaced my black folder with all the apartment listings in it. Would anyone mind scanning & sending me a copy?

no scanner :(

but i'd be happy to mail or fax you a copy. just PM me if you're down with that.

Hmmm... It's not midnight yet, but I can't log in to check my status (I know... I'm just looking for the heck of it). Is anyone else getting an error? Maybe this means that I've been rejected.

Hmmm... It's not midnight yet, but I can't log in to check my status (I know... I'm just looking for the heck of it). Is anyone else getting an error? Maybe this means that I've been rejected.

Happens a lot... sometimes its on for 24 hrs... but on the scrolling thing before sign in it shows you times when the system is scheduled to be on and states " This Web site is available the following hours* (US Central Standard Time):
Sunday: noon - 10pm Monday-Friday: 8am - midnight Saturday: noon - 6pm * Usually available all other times as well except midnight - 4am, Tuesday - Saturday."

I assume they use the non scheduled (but usually still on) times for updates, backup, etc.

I can't log in and I'm accepted.

Oops, I mixed up my days.

It's funny that their website is like a store with shorter hours on the weekend.

no scanner :(

but i'd be happy to mail or fax you a copy. just PM me if you're down with that.

If you guys don't work that out, I have access to a scanner. However, I was in Abilene for my interview, so I don't know if that has Amarillo listings in it.

I thought Redley was in abilene too

Nobody gets a update status or acceptance letter today?

Got my letter today, and I was quite shocked to learn that they put me in Amarillo for 2 years and Dallas for 2 years....I guess that's what I get for putting no preference for my location! So, how is the Amarillo campus?? What's the area like?

Got my letter today, and I was quite shocked to learn that they put me in Amarillo for 2 years and Dallas for 2 years....I guess that's what I get for putting no preference for my location! So, how is the Amarillo campus?? What's the area like?

What was your preference then?

We were told that the location of our interview was "most likely" going to be where we were placed...guess I didn't even give it another thought! I guess I really don't have a preference--although it's hard to say since I've never been to Amarillo. Did you interview there?? What did you think?

does anybody know when the next round of acceptances will be going out... i know that they already sent out the ED letters and then letters for those who interviewed in march, but when is the next round gonna be:(:(:(

has your online status been updated or does it stil say review interview

I have declined my offer for Abilene... so there is a new spot open... good luck to all

Well, Amarillo is small but it's not that bad. It still has your basic stores and such. One good thing is that it doesn't have traffic. My interviewer told me traffic was like waiting 30 seconds at the light. (The other day I was in traffic for an hour, couldn't find parking for another hour, and that's when I decided to go back home...typical Austin traffic) Overall, it's a nice little place. The pharm school is just a building with another building next to it. Across the road is the hospital.

bringing it back..........

bringing it back..........

From the mass email from Mike Schwettman:

"Those applicants who do not receive an offer from the meeting this week will be reviewed after the April 11th and 18th interviews."