type or print opt school applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize this is a pretty lame question, but does it make a difference if I hand-print my opt school application or should I use a typewriter to fill it in?

Members don't see this ad.

It really doesn't make a difference, as long as it is neat. Personally, I hand wrote my applications.

I'm doing mine right now. I'm handwriting them because I am at a loss with typewriters. I've always been a PC/Windows person.
Good luck on your applications! Where are you applying to?

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, I'm going to handwrite mine, then. The pre-professional committee person at my school was very "particular" (I'd like to use a different word here, but I consider myself a polite person... :) ) about having our committee forms typed using a typewriter, so it got me a little concerned about the formality of opt school applications.

Eyegirl2007 -- I'm applying to PCO and SUNY. How about you? (I think I remember you were applying to the same ones, plus NEWENCO?) I've visited each one and liked them both. I'm leaning toward PCO primarily for its location, though (closer to where I live now). I've also heard some odd comments from recent opt school grads about how SUNY has an uncomfortable competitive vibe. Have you heard anything about this? Good luck with your applications!!!

r_salis,

Good luck with the application process. If you have any specific questions about PCO, then I'm the girl (even though I haven't started yet). :)

Another great thing about PCO besides the location is that we start our clinicals spring semester of the third year! :)

I handwrote all three of mine when I applied. And, I got an interview at all three.I really don't think it matters what you do as long as it's neat and they can read it. They're looking at content.. not really presentation.
GOOD LUCK to all those applying for the class of 2007. Let us know if you have any other questions. We're here to help!! I applied to UHCO, SCCO, and UCBerkeley (to offer helpful pointers to anyone applying to those particular schools).
Cpw

Originally posted by christie
r_salis,

Good luck with the application process. If you have any specific questions about PCO, then I'm the girl (even though I haven't started yet). :)

Another great thing about PCO besides the location is that we start our clinicals spring semester of the third year! :)

Thanks, Christie! It's great to know that someone has been going through the same things before me -- I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you as I begin the application process.

You'll be the second class to go through the "new curriculum", right? So you'll be able to benefit from last year's notetakers and old exams. I wonder how it was for the 2005 class this past year. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out of the system for your class.

I think it's awesome that PCO offers so much clinical experience (and starts rotations a semester earlier than other schools) -- that's one of the main reasons (besides location :) ) that I like PCO.

Originally posted by cpw
...I really don't think it matters what you do as long as it's neat and they can read it. They're looking at content.. not really presentation.
Oh... The applications have to be neat and legible? Maybe I *should* type them. :D

It might also help to photocopy your applications and then do a "rough draft." That's what I've found helps me.