Typical day as an audiology student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audiology2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a typical day like as an audiology student? I can imagine that audiology students are extremely busy, but I would like to know what a typical schedule consists of.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a snapshot of a typical week for me. Not included are random meetings, assignments, or group projects. Pink slot and Walk-in are clinical hours working with hearing aids, while Clinic is a diagnostic appointment. Basically every free moment of my day could be occupied with homework and probably will as the semester goes on, but at the moment I am procrastinating and watching a lot of HGTV.

Picture1.png

What program is that you're using to plot out your schedule? I use Excel at the moment, but I'm looking for something better.

Members don't see this ad :)
I use Google Calendar. I'm pretty happy with it. My classmates and I share some of the calendars so if someone forgets about an assignment due, somebody else will have added it to the calendar.

I'm in the 2nd semester of my 1st year. I am taking 4 courses, and each meets for 3 hours/week all in one slot. Therefore, 2 days of classes, with two classes each day. Then I have two half-days in the clinic on campus where I do hearing tests, earmold impressions, program HAs and also watch my clinical supervisor/professor doing stuff I don't know how to do yet (the first semester I was pretty much watching the whole time, but starting to do hearing tests). One morning a week, I screen the hearing of babies in the hospital.

I'm in the 2nd semester of my 1st year. I am taking 4 courses, and each meets for 3 hours/week all in one slot. Therefore, 2 days of classes, with two classes each day. Then I have two half-days in the clinic on campus where I do hearing tests, earmold impressions, program HAs and also watch my clinical supervisor/professor doing stuff I don't know how to do yet (the first semester I was pretty much watching the whole time, but starting to do hearing tests). One morning a week, I screen the hearing of babies in the hospital.

What university are you at?

What university are you at?

At a US university that is east of the Mississippi River. Sorry -- I don't want to pinpoint it any more exactly than that in case I say something stupid on this board some day and it comes back to haunt me. I do like my school, though.