Typical interview questions at Midwestern-CPG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minoos

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have an interview coming up at midwestern campus at glendale. Any body knows what kind of questions they usually ask at the interview?. I appreciate any input.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This page describes interview experiences at a lot of schools.
http://www.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/interview_read.asp
The questions I was asked were "Why Midwestern?", "Why do you think you can handle the accelerated 3 year program?", "Who are your heros?"., "What are your hobbies?"...and I think that's about it. It's pretty laid back and everyone is really nice.
When will you be interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
What did they ask u for ur interview minoos...and what was ur writing question? or is there not even a writting exercise?...also can u tell me what kinda questions they asked u..thanks!

Hi chitown
there was no essay to write. they asked about why pharmacy, why midwestern, how do u study, etc.
when is your interview date?. did u hear from other schools?

hey my interview is april 5th..do u remember which hall we meet in?..i dont seem to find where we meet?..could u please let me know..i have not gotten into any other schools yet...please let me know..thanks

Chitown, which campus are you talking about? Arizona or Illinois?

chitown
yes. it is barrel student center.

do u rememebr any of ur other questiosn they ask..also how many people are in the interview wit u..and also was it like 50 other students...also did many people take taxi's there..cause im from chicago..so im gonna have to from my hotel..

There were about 25 people at my interview (2003). Everyone was really nice, and the food was excellent ;). Taking a cab is no big deal, the traffic is nothing like Chicago. The questions are going to be different for everyone. I had totally different questions last year. Good luck.

Originally posted by chitown23
hows the weather down there?
It rained quite a bit yesterday (some floods), but today it's just a little cloudy. It's about 65. I would plan on about 65-75 degrees for monday. Hopefully it doesn't rain for you guys.

thanks a lot jd...when they ask u..why CPG...what makes this college different from others?..i know its 3 years..somewhat brand new so it would be advanced technology resoruces..what else?

Originally posted by chitown23
thanks a lot jd...when they ask u..why CPG...what makes this college different from others?..i know its 3 years..somewhat brand new so it would be advanced technology resoruces..what else?

Well, they kind of ask you because it's what *you* think is important. Some students say that they value the smaller, private school because of the emphasis on teaching (no research), or they like the early clinical experience (1st, 2nd, 3rd years, while some are 4th year only). Look on their site and through the packet that they sent you. Pick out what's important to you.
:thumbup: