You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
U. of Florida Interviews
Started by jmcgintee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email...they started reviewing applications today! And here are some dates from the email-
January 8th Fall transcript are due (but we will accept transcripts that are a couple of days late)
February 15 Letters sent for those selected for interviews
March 6 Interviews
March 20 Interviews
April 15 Letters of acceptance are mailed
May 21 Spring 2010 transcripts are dueFebruary 15 Letters sent for those selected for interviews
March 6 Interviews
March 20 Interviews
April 15 Letters of acceptance are mailed
I don't undstand how they can mail acceptance letters on the 15th....do they let you know before hand as well via phone or email?
arent final decisions to schools due on the 15th of April?? 😕
ps. its a good thing they will be accepting fall transcripts after the 8th. no way mine would get there in time.
arent final decisions to schools due on the 15th of April?? 😕
ps. its a good thing they will be accepting fall transcripts after the 8th. no way mine would get there in time.
Is anyone else irritated that they aren't mailing letters until the day deposits are due at other VMCAS schools? I am really getting tired of UF taking SO long to get started on things when other schools have already started making final decisions 🙁
Is anyone else irritated that they aren't mailing letters until the day deposits are due at other VMCAS schools? I am really getting tired of UF taking SO long to get started on things when other schools have already started making final decisions 🙁
amen
I got the same letter from UF and I can't believe that they are waiting so long to inform everyone. But hey... I knew that to begin with. I don't think that they will wait til April 15th to mail acceptances because that would be ridiculous and harmful to other applications. But we'll see.
Yeah, they usually send them out in the beginning of April. I believe last year people heard as soon as March 28. Other years have been the first week of April. So I don't think they will actually only mail them out April 15. Like Radio2020 said, I think it was poorly written.
Yeah, they usually send them out in the beginning of April. I believe last year people heard as soon as March 28. Other years have been the first week of April. So I don't think they will actually only mail them out April 15. Like Radio2020 said, I think it was poorly written.
Yeah I think it was written to pacify the people who keep e-mailing her about application status, so now she won't have a full inbox every morning haha. Me... I'm not too worried about anything right now (just having a slight heart attack every time I check the mail or my e-mail)... i've done all I can it's up to them now!
Good luck everyone!
Yeah I think it was written to pacify the people who keep e-mailing her about application status, so now she won't have a full inbox every morning haha. Me... I'm not too worried about anything right now (just having a slight heart attack every time I check the mail or my e-mail)... i've done all I can it's up to them now!
Good luck everyone!
Funny because now she is going to have even MORE emails about people panicking that they won't hear in time to notify other schools!


UF is my IS, does anyone that's IS remotely have the same stats or know of anyone that's been accepted in the past that does. I'm getting nervous as I am a second time applicant that doesn't feel like waiting another year...
Degree:
B.S. Biological Science (Florida State)
Overall GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.39
GRE:1240
Experience:
SA Kennel Tech: ~300 hrs
SA Vet Technician: ~650 hrs
Ambulatory Equine: ~30 hrs
(Still gaining hrs for equine/sa tech if that matters)
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Radiology Department Volunteer: ~70 hrs
Research:
Independent ecology research last year of undergrad.
LORs:
Comp Vert Anatomy Post Doc TA
Veterinarian I work with as a technician
Veterinarian I worked with as kennel staff
No clubs except for AED when I thought that I wanted to be an MD for a semester lol...:-/
Just barely earned an interview last year...so the experience should help, but I'm worried that experience won't make up for the fact that I did...barely earn an interview. (I have improved my application since last year)
I know it's a little too early to be worrying, considering interview invites are still a month away, but nonetheless, here I am.
Degree:
B.S. Biological Science (Florida State)
Overall GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.39
GRE:1240
Experience:
SA Kennel Tech: ~300 hrs
SA Vet Technician: ~650 hrs
Ambulatory Equine: ~30 hrs
(Still gaining hrs for equine/sa tech if that matters)
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Radiology Department Volunteer: ~70 hrs
Research:
Independent ecology research last year of undergrad.
LORs:
Comp Vert Anatomy Post Doc TA
Veterinarian I work with as a technician
Veterinarian I worked with as kennel staff
No clubs except for AED when I thought that I wanted to be an MD for a semester lol...:-/
Just barely earned an interview last year...so the experience should help, but I'm worried that experience won't make up for the fact that I did...barely earn an interview. (I have improved my application since last year)
I know it's a little too early to be worrying, considering interview invites are still a month away, but nonetheless, here I am.
I was wondering if anyone knew how willing they would be to let an OOS switch to the IS date. The reason I ask is that I just found out I am going to Israel and leave on the 18th. If by some chance I get an interview, I don't want to have to cancel my trip, because its a a great opportunity, but I don't want to ruin my shot at getting into the school. I know its premature, but I was just curious.
UF typically tries to get letters out between April 1st-5th. I'm almost 100% sure the 15th is a typo.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ten more days!!!! 😀
I just got an email...they started reviewing applications today! And here are some dates from the email-
January 8th Fall transcript are due (but we will accept transcripts that are a couple of days late)
February 15 Letters sent for those selected for interviews
March 6 Interviews
March 20 Interviews
April 15 Letters of acceptance are mailed
May 21 Spring 2010 transcripts are due
I am applying next cycle, but this seems like it is cutting it close. Surely, someone may lose their deposit money at another school. I guess that kinda of stuff happens at all schools from time to time.
When do most school mail out acceptances?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 601
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 186
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 935