Cornell vs Upenn vs Florida vs TAMU (IS)

Started by Jeungvet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jeungvet

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm very fortunate to have received a lot of acceptances this cycle, and have ruled it down to these four options. I will say that money is no concern as my family is very financially stable, so I was veering more towards the opportunities and things I should consider at each campus, so any input would be great!

Im currently interested in aquatic animal medicine(fish mostly but other aquatics/exotics as well) and medical oncology. I do enjoy research and want to have opportunities to have a life outside of vet school as well. I am leaning towards Cornell due to opportunities to collaborate with City U of Hong Kong's vet school that I've discussed with the faculty about, but I know the other universities+Cornell have great opportunities for aquatics as well. I am an asian 21M and a state resident of Texas.
 
Hi! I am currently at Cornell and I can say we have great experiences for aquatics. There are quite a few elective courses in aquatics such as anatomy and physiology and fish health management. You also get hands on experience with fish species in these classes. Additionally, there is a program called Aquavet that many Cornell students participate in each summer.

You can definitely find time outside of classes to do other things than just studying and there are so many research opportunities available for students.