-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
U of Guelph ️
Started by kieradi721
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't they have a language requirement?
Don't they have a language requirement?
I'm not sure what you're asking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, that is Montreal's school that you are thinking of I believe.Don't they have a language requirement?
Referring to the French fluency requirementI'm not sure what you're asking.
No, that is Montreal's school that you are thinking of I believe.
Referring to the French fluency requirement
Gotcha. Had a feeling that could have been it. But yes, that's Montreal 🙂
I went to their website just to make sure I wasn't crazy, and yeah..definitely Montreal hahaGotcha. Had a feeling that could have been it. But yes, that's Montreal 🙂
Ah, I wondered. I guess one could say Guelph does have a language requirement -- for English.Gotcha. Had a feeling that could have been it. But yes, that's Montreal 🙂
Any fellow Canadians out there? Ill be applying to Guelph in December... they start the resident application process so late!
are you applying as an international student?Hi all, wondering if anyone has applied to U of Guelph and what their status is? I've received my email and portal credentials today. Trying to get a feel for their timeline.
are you applying as an international student?
I'm international, yes. They do start the resident applications late!
No, that is Montreal's school that you are thinking of I believe.
Referring to the French fluency requirement
Oops, definitely was a knee-jerk post. For some reason I thought Guelph was the vet school in the Netherlands with the Dutch requirement. Wrong continent. Haha
Carry on lolOops, definitely was a knee-jerk post. For some reason I thought Guelph was the vet school in the Netherlands with the Dutch requirement. Wrong continent. HahaCarry on lol
No worries 😉 so, if you speak English...apply! [emoji5]️[emoji41]
Yup! I'll be applying in December too. Will be my 3rd time applying! 1st time no interview, 2nd time interview but refused...so hoping 3rd time is the charm!Any fellow Canadians out there? Ill be applying to Guelph in December... they start the resident application process so late!
Wishing you good luck this year! Maybe we will be classmates next fall LOL 😀Yup! I'll be applying in December too. Will be my 3rd time applying! 1st time no interview, 2nd time interview but refused...so hoping 3rd time is the charm!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard the western provinces can apply to Guelph as international students. Is this correct or would we be applying as a Canadian resident? I'm not applying this year, but considering it if I don't get into WCVM this year.
I've heard the western provinces can apply to Guelph as international students. Is this correct or would we be applying as a Canadian resident? I'm not applying this year, but considering it if I don't get into WCVM this year.
Nope - the only Canadians that can apply are Ontario residents. "Canadian citizens (including dual citizens) and those with permanent residency status must be residents of Ontario in order to apply to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)......[also].....the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) accepts up to 15 U.S. and international (non-Canadian) students." http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/recruitment/en/applyingtodvm/canadianstudents.asp
Yeah, like @CalliopeDVM said, only internationals can apply for international spots. Which I think is stupid, personally. Why not open it to everyone? The tuition is gained either way. Same with AVC.
Yeah, like @CalliopeDVM said, only internationals can apply for international spots. Which I think is stupid, personally. Why not open it to everyone? The tuition is gained either way. Same with AVC.
Okay. That does seem dumb that they wouldn't even let other Canadians apply as international. Weird.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 608
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 202