U of I EMT-B class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drummerchick09

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am taking the University of Iowa's EMT-B accelerated class this spring May 14th through June 14th, and I just have a few questions.

* Has anybody taken the class before? If you have, any helpful hints?
* Do you recommend any apartment complexes?
* Are there any good and safe running routes?
* What are the clinicals like?

Any useful information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
 
I can only answer two of your questions based on my own experience with other EMT courses. 1. if you're in an accelerated course, I hope you have general knowledge of the subject material already; if not, it is a lot to do in a month.
2. clinicals are pretty easy, you basically follow around a preceptor in a hospital or on a rig for 10-12hrs and get your required amount of patient exposures.

EMT-B isn't hard to do, you should be fine...