U of Pitt Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an invitiation to interview at Pitt, which I am really excited about, but the earliest available dates are in march. Do you think this will automatically put me on a waitlist? I thought maybe some of you are familiar with the way they do things...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

blump said:
I received an invitiation to interview at iItt, which I am really excited about, but the earliest available dates are in march. Do you think this will automatically put me on a waitlist? I thought maybe some of you are familiar with the way they do things...thanks
I know that their big acceptance date is in March (they don't do rolling admissions), but I'm not sure what day... They review files on biweekly or so basis and give them some kind of numeric ranking and then pull them all out at one meeting and basically accept everyone above a certain ranking (at least that's how I think I remember them describint the process...), so if you interview before that big meeting, it's possible that your file will be ranked and included... If not, you'll probably be waitlisted, but I'm sure they take lots of people off the waitlist.
Hope that helps

boardchic said:
I know that their big acceptance date is in March (they don't do rolling admissions), but I'm not sure what day... They review files on biweekly or so basis and give them some kind of numeric ranking and then pull them all out at one meeting and basically accept everyone above a certain ranking (at least that's how I think I remember them describint the process...), so if you interview before that big meeting, it's possible that your file will be ranked and included... If not, you'll probably be waitlisted, but I'm sure they take lots of people off the waitlist.
Hope that helps

thanks boardchic! I'll keep my hopes up

Members don't see this ad :)
my good friend Brenna is at Pitt right now,
and she said that there are a ton of people in her class that didn't get interviews until March and even April.
I haven't even been invited yet, so hey be stoked :)

nikibean said:
my good friend Brenna is at Pitt right now,
and she said that there are a ton of people in her class that didn't get interviews until March and even April.
I haven't even been invited yet, so hey be stoked :)

Thanks! That makes me feel better :)