Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I'll be applying to ut pharmacy for 2010 cycle but I have one concern about the PCAT.
I'm a second year student and have a 3.6 GPA at U of T and scored 80~90% on all sections on the PCAT EXCEPT the chemistry section. I got 77% for chemistry section and I'm wondering if I will have to take the PCAT again in January. I know that a couple of people here in SDN got in with 75-80% chemistry section score, but that's due to the fact that PCAT was implemented for the first time and the official cut-off was only 50% for chemistry section. But I'm sure that minimum cut-off will rise for 2010 cycle and thereafter. I don't think that 50% cut-off will jump to 80% in just one year but I'm still very worried about it.
Also, I got only 66%(C) in chm139(physical chem) and 76%(B) in chm138(orgo) in the first year at U of T. I still have about 3.6 GPA as a 2nd year student but those two chem courses marks concern me very much.
I asked numerous people around me but have not found any good advice.
Any information you guys could provide or any comments/suggestions would be extremely appreciated. 🙂
I'll be applying to ut pharmacy for 2010 cycle but I have one concern about the PCAT.
I'm a second year student and have a 3.6 GPA at U of T and scored 80~90% on all sections on the PCAT EXCEPT the chemistry section. I got 77% for chemistry section and I'm wondering if I will have to take the PCAT again in January. I know that a couple of people here in SDN got in with 75-80% chemistry section score, but that's due to the fact that PCAT was implemented for the first time and the official cut-off was only 50% for chemistry section. But I'm sure that minimum cut-off will rise for 2010 cycle and thereafter. I don't think that 50% cut-off will jump to 80% in just one year but I'm still very worried about it.
Also, I got only 66%(C) in chm139(physical chem) and 76%(B) in chm138(orgo) in the first year at U of T. I still have about 3.6 GPA as a 2nd year student but those two chem courses marks concern me very much.
I asked numerous people around me but have not found any good advice.
Any information you guys could provide or any comments/suggestions would be extremely appreciated. 🙂
...- hopefully its better than the last one but I doubt i'm going to do GREAT in this course. I know U of T looks into your chem. marks but I the thing is the other half-course 138 is organic which I enjoy and should DEFINITELY do better in than 139. I was wondering which one was more important, organic or general chem. I'm getting in the A range in most of my other course, 4.0 uoft in bio150 at the moment, etc. and was just wondering how worried I really should be for 139- its honestly something else let me tell u
...$300 for a pharm application is kind of expensive...considering applications to other health professions are like 200