U of T Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ps anyone get their packages yet?? I want to figure out school stuff and i can't

i know seroiusly i want access to the housing website!!!!! Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you access it with your login? I think you have to go to campus with your ID # and get it in person. Or maybe it is included in the package...

Yea im pretty sure its included in package cuz i used my ID with the ROSI pw and it doesnt work. I think you ahve to do it in person i may be wrong though

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i faxed my 'decline' notification in awhile ago...and i was just wondering if there's any way for me to confirm that it got through. Would there be something under notification? I just want to be sure they got my message, so that nobody is waiting on waitlist for nothing!

hey guys, i faxed my 'decline' notification in awhile ago...and i was just wondering if there's any way for me to confirm that it got through. Would there be something under notification? I just want to be sure they got my message, so that nobody is waiting on waitlist for nothing!

i got an email from them saying they received mine
you should ask the board
and congratulations to whoever got off the waitlist!

PS anyone get their packages yet?? I WANT TO FIGURE OUT SCHOOL STUFF AND I CAN'T

I have been waiting very patiently myself EyeCandy. It's killing me. I hope we get to sleep in on Monday mornings. Then again, the earliest class last year was 9 a.m. which isn't too bad.

Yeah I've been waiting for my package too. I'm a little frustrated that we don't know much about how things will be next year, and its almost August. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon. I'm pretty close to the bottom of the alphabet too so I'm waiting for my student number as well. For those of you on facebook, there's some really useful info on the facebook group (see the Summer-to-do List discussion) that you should check out if you haven't already. I'm really excited for phrosh week...I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Hey, talked to the registrars office for pharmacy. They are putting the packages together and are sending them out on Monday. Hopefully we receive them before the long weekend!

Hey, talked to the registrars office for pharmacy. They are putting the packages together and are sending them out on Monday. Hopefully we receive them before the long weekend!

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to get mine in the mail. :)
Quick question...did you guys put your OSAP applications through without inputting your U of T student number? My student number still isn't up on pharmsis and I didn't submit my OSAP application yet.

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to get mine in the mail. :)
Quick question...did you guys put your OSAP applications through without inputting your U of T student number? My student number still isn't up on pharmsis and I didn't submit my OSAP application yet.
You don't need your student number for OSAP. My application was processed without it =).

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my student number. I'm pretty close to the bottom of the alphabet, so if you haven't got yours yet you probably will sometime soon! :)

Wow, no posts in a few days. Did the thread finally end? This must be the biggest SDN thread going.

I'm waiting for the mail to go out. I"m sure it'll pick up again :p

been mailed out already...I got mine yesterday ( live in Toronto)..there's nothing much to it though other than tentative timeable and stuff you already know

its time for this thread to die lol

goodbye SDN, i don't need you anymore :p

Hey guys, just curious, how long do they give wait listers to reply to the offer? Thanks!

So has no one come off the waitlist in about 3 weeks? What a terrible waitlist to be on the upper half of :(

do you guys think the the pcat cutoffs are likely to rise next year??

Do any of you guys have to go back to school to get the required new prereqs UofT is asking for (unfortunately there are so many).

I have already taken mine!!

Any of you guys writing the pcat in august? If you are where did you inclue your social insurance number while applying as that is "required" by U o T to match our BSc applications? I dont see anywhere on the Pearson website. Can someone please let me know??

thanks!!

Hi guys. First time posting.
Me and a few other UofT pharmacy friends are interested in tutoring for the PCAT. Please email us for more details if you are interested.

[email protected]

hello,

to those of you who got in this year...can you please let me know whether you generally took full course loads in undergrad. By chance has anyone been accepted without having taken a full course load?

thanks

hello,

to those of you who got in this year...can you please let me know whether you generally took full course loads in undergrad. By chance has anyone been accepted without having taken a full course load?

thanks

I had a fullcourse load. I don't think there is anybody (accepted) who didn't have at least one year of carrying a full-course load before.

Below is the official response that I got from an admission officer at UofT pharmacy when I asked them about courseload a while ago. Hope this helps anybody who is unclear about courseload.

======================================================
Each year is different and what might have been the case 5 years ago is different from recent years (more competive). With a lesser couse load of e.g. 4.5 fce, and with an average of about 75%, there may be some concerns in that had the applicant carried a full course load of 5.0, they may not maintain an average of 75%? It's hard to say. Obviously, preference would be given to a student with a full course load of 5.0 with the same average vs. the student with a lesser course load. I do not recall and I am unable to discuss the details of the selection process but I can tell you that you could be disadvantaged.
======================================================

horrorboy did you a full course load in each of your undergrad years?

thanks

horrorboy did you a full course load in each of your undergrad years?

thanks

apple. there is no trend for course load.
if you have done at least 1 yr carrying a full course load, you dont need to worry about getting disadvantaged for having a lesser load in the future.
the admission committee wouldnt care about courseload after that. they will look at marks more carefully.

To answer your question, i didn't carry the full-course load every year.
My friend was doing a part time study when he was accepted (although he did do a full course load in his 1st year)
so...yeah..dont worry if you had done it.

Last edited:
do you guys think the the pcat cutoffs are likely to rise next year??

I don't think it might rise next year purely due to the fact that there are more pre-reqs needed for next year. I think the number of applicants might drop.

Just to give u guys some hope- I got a call this Tuesday! I was from the Upper WL! See u guys at Phrosh!

Hello everyone:

I am planning to apply for U of T Pharmacy 2011 cycle. Here's my June 2010 PCAT score:

Verbal: 20
Biology: 71
Reading: 69
Quantitative: 90
Chemistry: 88
Composite: 74
Writing: 3/3

With this horrible PCAT score will I be invited to the interview next year?

Hello everyone:

I am planning to apply for U of T Pharmacy 2011 cycle. Here's my June 2010 PCAT score:

Verbal: 20
Biology: 71
Reading: 69
Quantitative: 90
Chemistry: 88
Composite: 74
Writing: 3/3

With this horrible PCAT score will I be invited to the interview next year?

if you have taken all the pre-reqs and considering they DONT raise the cutoff then you have a solid chance...i got a 25 on one of the sections but im playing it safe and writing it again...who knows..they could raise it again..

I have already taken mine!!

Any of you guys writing the pcat in august? If you are where did you inclue your social insurance number while applying as that is "required" by U o T to match our BSc applications? I dont see anywhere on the Pearson website. Can someone please let me know??

thanks!!

You don't need to fill in your social insurance number while applying for the PCAT because U of T will automatically match the candidate identification number (CID) from the pearson (not by social insurance number).

anyoneeeeeee know when those scholarships are being mailed? or did ppl already get them ?

Congratulations Pharmaniac! With all the posts and enthusiasm that you contributed to the thread, it would have been a shame to start the class of 2010 without you :clap:

GPA: 76
PCAT: 90 with 95 in chemistry
Interview: No regrets for 8/10 MMI stations