1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

U on transcript - what to enter on AMCAS (please help)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Scandinavia, May 8, 2002.

1. Dr. Scandinavia

7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

I took a quantitative chemistry class (with lab)at my university one quarter. The combination of classes was very hard, and I was a couple of days behind the withdrawal date, so I had to make a desicion on what to do. My chemistry teacher wouldn't work with me (no incomplete or withdrawal was accepted). After talking to my advisor, who told me a U on the transcript would be replaced when I retook the class, I decided to stop going to class. I received a U for 4 quarter units for this quarter. A year later I retook it (with the same teacher!) and was one of three students (of 36) who got an A (lab + lecture). The U is NOT calculated as part of my GPA at my university, and I thought this also applied for the AMCAS. But when I entered this grade(U)I got an F from AMCAS for 3 semester units! :( :( :( This is affects my overall and science GPA, and I wondered if there was any way around it.

Thanks for reading through my post. I would really appreciate your input.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.