U Pitt MSTP Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leverp2000

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the "What area of medical science are you most interested in studying?" question, most schools give 2-3 lines of text. Pitt gives 500 words. So, should I expand on the two sentences to add some specific faculty members in whose research I am interested, or will it suffice to have 50 words, when there are 500 available for use.
 
I would give some faculty names. It never hurts to look like you're thinking about it. They're probably trying to get a sense of how good a fit for their school you are and who you should interview with if you're invited. Help them out!