u.pitt note taking service? taped lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the UPSOM offer any of these services for those who are not inclined to go to certain lectures? I can't remember what they said during my visit. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does the UPSOM offer any of these services for those who are not inclined to go to certain lectures? I can't remember what they said during my visit. Thanks!

I'd say 95% of our lectures are recorded. You get audio plus the video feed from the computer (so the powerpoint slides, and any notes the lecturer makes during lecture). Sometimes lecturers request that their lectures not be recorded, but its always done a few days in advance and you get an email letting you know its coming.

The syllabi for each course also contains all the info you'll need for the tests. There's not really anything you'd need to note down that's not already in the syllabus.

Just graduated AOA from Pitt. Never used anything other than the syllabus and actually took very few notes. Everything you need to know will be in this syllabus. maybe go to lectures just to have a better understanding of what's going on in the class. definetly not necessary to have a formal note taking service or even go to class if your not inclined.