U Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me their "profile" if they had been accepted to the University of Pittsburgh (especially if you are an out of state student). I am really interested in Pitt but haven't taken the MCAT yet (will in April) so couldn't give you a complete reacord for me. Any comments on Pitt and what it takes to get in there would be most appreciable. Good luck to everyone on interviews, wait lists, etc.

Kurt:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

its a great school, and i would love to go there

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a post-secondary invite from Pitt. I think that I've only seen pre-secondary ones for people with high MCAT's. If you've received a post-secondary invite, how long did it take after you submitted the secondary??? Thanks.

I got a post-secondary invite.

My secondary was complete between August 1 and August 15. I recieved the invite September 22.

I'll be going there on November 1.

I'm not sure how they screened for pre-secondary invites because my scores and gpa would have gotten me one according to what most people have posted. I think it may have to do with my not being from that area of the country though. Who knows......

Good luck.

I talked to the director of admissions about how they pick pre-secondary interview invites. It has nothing to do with where you are in the country. What happens is the director goes through all the AMCAS applications by hand and basically picks ones out that particularly pique her interest... high scores and GPA are not big factors. She basically said she looks for non-boring students... and people that will particular add to their seeking a diverse student background (experience wise). So if you volunteered in a hospital, worked in a lab and published, and are the president of the premed club at your university, have a 36 mcat and 4.0 gpa... you probably wouldn't have been picked. If, however, you volunteered at a Refugee camp in Kosovo, come from a working class family... then you'll probably get one.

kreno