UAB program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyg238

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the UAB program? I know it is fairly new but it has a brand new ER and tons of volume. Anyone interviewed there yet have an opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a PGY-2 at UAB, so obviously not an unbiased interviewee, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. I ranked UAB #1 so I was a pretty big fan. It's a strong young program with lots of young energetic faculty. It's part of a top-notch major medical center, so your off-service rotations are in strong departments. Resident camaraderie is great. We have great physical facilities and a great support staff. Patient mix is awesome. We see a good mix of indigent, insured, knife and gun club, as well as complex medical pts from being a tertiary care center.

My experience here so far had been great. We stay busy and get lots of procedures and sick patients. There are a lot of good things happening in the program right now and some positive changes on the way (administration is very receptive to our feedback--one of the pluses of being a young program as discussed on another thread in this forum).

Feel free to ask any questions here or PM me if you're more comfortable with that. Hopefully an interviewee will post a review at some point so you can get an outsiders perspective as well.