UAMS Bulk acceptance/rejection/waitlist today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMH

Hospitalist/Nocturnist Hologram
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who do not know. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences sends out roughly 90% of their letters on or around 2-15 every year (TODAY). I want to know who all has gotten a letter. Please add what town you live in and if you would, what date the letter was postmarked so others might get an idea when their letter will show up.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the packet today. I'm OOS in Missouri. Was waitlisted/alternate listed (just like I was last year for UAMS :sleep: ). It came in a big packet. Being waitlisted for UAMS is frustrating to say the least. They don't tell you your spot on the list....or even how many people are on the list. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to keep on waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted... living in Fayetteville. Can't wait for the Fall.

Got the packet today. I'm OOS in Missouri. Was waitlisted/alternate listed (just like I was last year for UAMS :sleep: ). It came in a big packet. Being waitlisted for UAMS is frustrating to say the least. They don't tell you your spot on the list....or even how many people are on the list. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to keep on waiting.

What were your stats Kodiak, if you don't mind my asking? Just trying to get a feel of what stats are needed to get a waitlist. And did you have strong ties?

3.5 GPA, 31R MCAT, solid EC... I didn't think my ties to Arkansas were all that strong but I suppose it was decent enough to get interviews two years in a row (some of my family has lived/is living there and have gone to University of Arkansas for parts of their education). Not sure if living in Southeast Missouri helps much (not in the bootheel mind you! :D ).

If it helps, my GPA was a little lower and I had a 27P and was Waitlisted last year. Clearly MCAT must not play all that big of a role in their decisions if I got that much improvement and didn't improve to accepted status....

I'm hoping for some waitlist movement this year. Unfortunately the admissions office doesn't give you much info on the waitlist or where you are on it.....

Resident and I went to school at the UofA (grad. december)

got the packet feb 16

Got an acceptance packet...from El Dorado. Sent 2/15, received 2/16.

Does anyone know if rejections and waitlists are also sent priority mail? Somehow I doubt they are.

I got my waitlist packet in a large envelope on Saturday and I live in Missouri. I don't have the envelope on me, but they sent it on Thursday so its a pretty quick shipment....

I got my waitlist packet in a large envelope on Saturday and I live in Missouri. I don't have the envelope on me, but they sent it on Thursday so its a pretty quick shipment....

See if there is a priority mail sticker on the envelope if you get a chance. I'm curious about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted in January and it did not come priority mail. This doesn't mean they didn't send them priority mail in Feb however.

So is everyone on here accepted to UAMS definitely going? I'm entertaining a few more interview offers up north and am tentatively going to them. I like how there's no $ deposit required at UAMS though. More and more I'm thinking they know what they're doing there as far as $$ with all the expansion and building going on and the no deposit required reinforces that. It's pretty sweet I must say.

I'm going, absolutely.

So is everyone on here accepted to UAMS definitely going? I'm entertaining a few more interview offers up north and am tentatively going to them. I like how there's no $ deposit required at UAMS though. More and more I'm thinking they know what they're doing there as far as $$ with all the expansion and building going on and the no deposit required reinforces that. It's pretty sweet I must say.

Hey MDizzy, just curious, are you in-state or out of state?

If it helps, my GPA was a little lower and I had a 27P and was Waitlisted last year. Clearly MCAT must not play all that big of a role in their decisions if I got that much improvement and didn't improve to accepted status....

I'm hoping for some waitlist movement this year. Unfortunately the admissions office doesn't give you much info on the waitlist or where you are on it.....

Kodiak--I am proof that they (thankfully, obviously) didn't put too much emphasis on the MCAT. I am an in-stater, non-trad, an O.T. so lots of medical experience and, seriously, by the grace of God, got put on the alternate list....I was for sure getting a rejection...I must have done SOMETHING right....

Good luck to you. Maybe we'll move off this wait list....

Hehe, good luck to both of us! I suspect we won't hear anything at the earliest for quite some time but I'll post whenver I hear anything.....

Any OSSers heard back yet? I am still waiting for some kind of reply from them..... I am assuming rejection at this point :confused:

Well I think I stated above several times that I am OOS and I got the packet on Saturday. Don't assume rejection as all OOS'ers get their decisions mailed on the 15th. If you haven't gotten anything by now then you should get something either today or tommorow I'm guessing.

FYI: My father in law works for the post office (not in Little Rock) and said that mail leaving little rock often gets hung up for several days to a week or so, but I think that everyone who got a Feb letter said they came priority mail which should rule that out maybe.

Edit: After reading my own post I'm not sure how useful this information is.

WAITLISTED!! ARGGHHH! Yeah, I tried to call and find out where I sat on the list, but no go. I guess it's better than a flat rejection, for the ego anyway.

augghh me too. any idea how OOSers would fall on a waitlist and the chances of someone getting pulled off?

For those of you waitlisted, don't despair. I know of three people with hospital jobs with decent MCAT scores that got flat out rejected this cycle.

augghh me too. any idea how OOSers would fall on a waitlist and the chances of someone getting pulled off?

I'm pretty sure there's a separate waitlist for OOS people. Where you are would highly depend on your mcat score. They can take maximum 24 people out of state so keep that in mind.

Don't give up until the day of orientation if you're on that waitlist.

From what the materials said, people will have to accept/reject their seats by May 15, so we might be waiting for a while. Is that how you read it?

From what the materials said, people will have to accept/reject their seats by May 15, so we might be waiting for a while. Is that how you read it?

I haven't read that but I have heard stories of people having to move in a day or two to make orientation. I'm guessing people backout or are ineligible for one reason or another at the last minute.

OSS waitlisted here too.... the waiting game begins. I wonder if there will be movement as soon as March 1st, since that's when ppl have to reply by.

OSS waitlisted here too.... the waiting game begins. I wonder if there will be movement as soon as March 1st, since that's when ppl have to reply by.

I wonder how many OOS people they waitlisted??? It seems like a lot. UCSD Skippy, did you have pretty strong ties to AR?

I wonder how many OOS people they waitlisted??? It seems like a lot. UCSD Skippy, did you have pretty strong ties to AR?

No, not really. My parents went to college in Arkansas (not UA though) for 2 years. That's it.

Just got an email from Mr. South saying that the alternate list is frozen until the first week of April, movement should begin starting between April and May 15th. For all you OSS applicants, UAMS can only accept 24 OSS students and our rank on the waitlist is combined with instate.

Anybody on the waitlist hear anything new from UAMS lately?

I've called to ask, sounds like there hasn't been any movement as of yet. I did get an e-mail today reminding us to make sure all of our contact info was up to date.

Wish I knew where I was ranked.... :scared:

I'm OOS btw.

Anybody on the waitlist hear anything new from UAMS lately?

I've called to ask, sounds like there hasn't been any movement as of yet. I did get an e-mail today reminding us to make sure all of our contact info was up to date.

Wish I knew where I was ranked.... :scared:

I'm OOS btw.

OOS too. I got the same email... which is weird cause i withdrew... maybe they didn't get my mail yet hehe. oh well, good luck! hope my withdrawal helps someone out! :luck::luck:

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you helped the rest of us out some :)

For those who were accepted and will be attending, or just want to see who is going, there is a facebook group for UAMS class of 2011.

It appears about a third of the class has joined the group so far.

Any news lately anyone? I've heard that they took a few off the list but they are still working on the rural care practice contracts for those that are in-state. Those accepted to this program, you have to be in-state, sign a contract and get pushed up to the top of the waitlist. Too bad they don't have that for us OOS people!

The waitlist should really start moving toward the end of May....well that is my guess.

Any news anyone? Have any of the OOS people here been accepted anywhere else? (I just got waitlisted at SLU and I'm waiting to hear back from USUHS).

Good luck to all :luck:

Miracles do happen!!!!!!!

I got an acceptance packet in the mail today!!!

I was originally waitlisted OOS btw.

This is my second year of applying to med school. The first year I was waitlisted to UAMS but nothing else. This year I'm in at UAMS! Still waiting to hear from SLU and USUHS but I think I want to go to UAMS because the facilities are amazing.

Congratulations!

The one thing I was most impressed about at UAMS compared to the other places I considered and interviewed is that at UAMS I think they want everyone who matriculates to get through. I interviewed at one private school where they weren't shy about telling you what all you will be thrown out for.

I've heard that they took a few off the list but they are still working on the rural care practice contracts for those that are in-state. Those accepted to this program, you have to be in-state, sign a contract and get pushed up to the top of the waitlist.
Good luck to all :luck:
Does anyone have any idea how many people were accepted that signed the rural practice contract?

Miracles do happen!!!!!!!

I got an acceptance packet in the mail today!!!

I was originally waitlisted OOS btw.

This is my second year of applying to med school. The first year I was waitlisted to UAMS but nothing else. This year I'm in at UAMS! Still waiting to hear from SLU and USUHS but I think I want to go to UAMS because the facilities are amazing.

congrats! i wish i could say the same. i'm an OSS still on the waitlist as well. seriously this is barbaric toture at its worst :smuggrin:

I have just withdrawn my acceptance to UAMS. I'm OOS. In the end I chose to go to USUHS though it was one of the hardest choices of my life. UAMS is a great school and I was very impressed with it so best of luck to those attending.

I hope my withdrawl will help someone here on the waitlist out. Good luck! :luck:

The deadline for defering acceptance was the 15th of July (which was a Sun). I know a few people who got letters a couple days later, I guess if they decline there's still a chance a few more letters will get sent out this year.