UAZ 2025-2026 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we assume if we don’t get an interview invite this week then it’s a rejection? They said they anticipate all invites sent out by early January so I was assuming this week
Im honestly not sure, I might give it until next week too but after that I might take it as a rejection :/ But Im keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!
 
I was wondering the same thing. 70 isn’t a lot I wonder if they sent those out yesterday or if they will send a few more next week?
Should we assume if we don’t get an interview invite this week then it’s a rejection? They said they anticipate all invites sent out by early January so I was assuming this week
 
Im honestly not sure, I might give it until next week too but after that I might take it as a rejection :/ But Im keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!
Fingers crosses! I only have Arizona and one more school I’m waiting to hear back from cause all the others were rejections. Really starting to feel hopeless and doubtful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fingers crosses! I only have Arizona and one more school I’m waiting to hear back from cause all the others were rejections. Really starting to feel hopeless and doubtful
I know it can be really discouraging to see rejections, especially this time of year when we all feel so hopeful for a great start to 2026. But rejection is only redirection. I know it's a cliche saying but it couldn't be more true. As a nontrad applicant, I had so many door slammed in my face that lead me here pursuing a DVM. I know we're all here for a reason and where ever we end up is where we're meant to be to thrive and become fantastic doctors. We CAN do this! All we need is one yes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of these denials come from people offered interviews or just those on MMI holds for now?
These were just for people do did not get an MMI. If you interviewed, the day you will learn rejection, wait-list or acceptance is 2/19 I believe
 
Am I correct that it’s 65 seats for oos students? Anyone have any ideas how many waitlist spots there are?
 
Am I correct that it’s 65 seats for oos students? Anyone have any ideas how many waitlist spots there are?
It's 65 for in state and 45 for out of state I believe and the wait-list varies from year to year. But you can get your place number on the wait-list so it can help to know how likely you are to get in. However, each year the wait-list movement varies. My year, it moved a lot. Last year it barely moved at all. So do keep that in mind as well when looking at the numbers.
 
How are you guys seeing rejection on the portal, when I pull up my applicant portal it just says "Submitted". Is there soemthing I am missing or am I on the wrong portal??? Please help.
 
How are you guys seeing rejection on the portal, when I pull up my applicant portal it just says "Submitted". Is there soemthing I am missing or am I on the wrong portal??? Please help.
Where it says submitted there should be a hyperlink you can click to open status updates
 
Hi! When do clubs typically meet during the day? I'm assuming it's either a lunch and learn or sometime in the evening after class? So many awesome clubs at UofA and I want to do them all haha.
You got it right haha most clubs will hold lunch time "lunch and learns" and then after school it is usually when the wet labs or other hands on activities happen.
 
Does anyone know if they call for all decisions on 2/20 or if they are calling for acceptance and emailing for waitlist/rejection?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For current students:

What study methods, tools, and apps have helped you be successful at UAZ? I keeping hearing that MSK and beyond is like drinking from a firehose 🙈I know I'll have to make adjustments in how I study so was just curious about exploring different tactics while I'm still in classes :cat:
 
What was it?
It was an email letting folks know that decisions (admission, denial, or waitlist) will be released February 20th by 5:00pm. It also gave some information for accessing the waitlist rankings + details on a future in-person event for accepted students.
Does anyone know when we have to send our Fall 2025 transcripts by? and how we can send them?
My understanding is that you'll submit your final transcripts once accepted. I'm sure they'll give you deets on how to do it then :]
 
Does anyone have an update or has asked about an update on their accreditation status?
I believe that we are still waiting on the AVMA COE, but you would be grandfathered in if you are enrolled during provisional accreditation and would become a vet if you pass NAVLE no matter the school's accreditation status.
 
For current students:

What study methods, tools, and apps have helped you be successful at UAZ? I keeping hearing that MSK and beyond is like drinking from a firehose 🙈I know I'll have to make adjustments in how I study so was just curious about exploring different tactics while I'm still in classes :cat:
MSK is a class that you really need to be in anatomy lab. The faculty are great at being available for office hours and reviewing with your team/peer tutors is great for solidifying the knowledge. We have access to the lab and student cooler any time there isn't class. In terms of tools/apps, many of our classmates use Quizlet and NotebookLM podcasts. I also recommend going to our learning specialists as they have good tips for how to attack each class since each has its own instruction style and type of content.
 
For current students:

What study methods, tools, and apps have helped you be successful at UAZ? I keeping hearing that MSK and beyond is like drinking from a firehose 🙈I know I'll have to make adjustments in how I study so was just curious about exploring different tactics while I'm still in classes :cat:i
I am going to say that a lot of fear mongering is happening around MSK. but it is not going to make or break you. Do you need to spend a lot of time studying? Yes. Yes you will. Will it be the worst class you have ever taken in your life? No. It is hard, but it's just a lot of memorization. I personally used the Colorado State Canine Virtual Anatomy website (they give you access at the school) and then the glass horse and glass dog apps were some what helpful. But overall for me it was just going into the anatomy lab and physically touching the animal and going over the parts was the best way for me.

For overall studying. A lot of people swear by a specific note taking app. So if you have one you like already, just stick to that. Notability, Good notes, and general note apps all work. Quizlets for flashcard and quizzes is nice. Notebook LM makes great quizzes based on your notes and can be a good study tool. Other people do charts and hand written flash cards. But it's what works best for you.

All of vet school is going to be about learning how the professor teaches and adapting to that (on top of learning all the info you need to know). Since we have mandatory in person classes with a flipped classroom, you will be having to do a lot of learning outside of class, so it's not like sitting and taking lecture notes all day.
 
I believe that we are still waiting on the AVMA COE, but you would be grandfathered in if you are enrolled during provisional accreditation and would become a vet if you pass NAVLE no matter the school's accreditation status.
They are still ironing out some of the curriculum things (how much online vs. in person class time we can have) and things like that. Since we have gotten the over 80% needed to be accredited, I think it is just a matter now of making sure we are meeting all the other criteria we need to from the CoE. NAVLE scores are just one thing they look at. But like it was said, if you start while we are in provisional accreditation, you will be able to sit for NAVLE and be a DVM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same!!! As of the time I replied to your comment, we have 10 days, 2 hours, and 39 minutes before they start calling the accepted class of 2029!
Woken up vibrating from nerves the last few days.

how im waking up
 

Attachments

  • download.png
    download.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 84
do you guys know when the residency deadline date is to submit documentation to show you are from Arizona? I’m struggling to find that information
 
I looked all over the registrar site and didn’t find anything for fall, only for spring. I messaged them and they said that we don’t have to worry about residency until we are accepted!