UBC 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what to do about conflicting deadlines? I was offered a seat into Psychology and I'm supposed to let them know by tomorrow whether I'm accepting it or not. Clearly, I would not hear from Pharmacy before then.

Is it ok to accept the offer for now and drop it later? I emailed the Psych department but all they said was that they preferred students who chose their department as their first choice. Yes...obviously, but I'm just wondering whether it's possible to do so!

Anyone know anything about that??

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering the same thing as you Tealish.. hmph. I guess just accept? And if you get into pharmacy just tell them you need to drop that major. They have to understand.. you need a back up!

I hope so... they can't bind me to psychology if I want out later on... I don't think..

Members don't see this ad :)
they can't make you do anything- in the worst case, you might lose the non-refundable deposit, but wouldn't that go to Pharmacy because it's still UBC?
personally i'd accept; then "cut off" your ties

Yeah i agree.. i would accept it then if you get into pharmacy i would KINDLY tell the psych department that you don't want that spot anymore.

Anyways, just to keep your mind off of the results, what are your plans for Canada Day? I hope it's not waiting for the results to come :)

I'm going to BC place which will be my first time going there on Canada Day.

Has anybody heard of or tried asking for a small extension (a few days or a week) of the deadline for committing to a program? If so, how was it done? And was it allowed?

Yeah i agree.. i would accept it then if you get into pharmacy i would KINDLY tell the psych department that you don't want that spot anymore.

Anyways, just to keep your mind off of the results, what are your plans for Canada Day? I hope it's not waiting for the results to come :)

I'm going to BC place which will be my first time going there on Canada Day.

I'll be working on Canada Day, but at least I get time and a half! I'm definitely thankful for the distraction though. I'll be scared to check my email Wed morning.....

Last edited:
heyyy i think you should just take the physc and not go for pharmacy what soooo ever.... Physc would totally be the best option for you..
to obvious?? hahah hope we all hear back soon1

The heat is making the wait longer, but the Euro cup made time pass by way faster for me. So glad that Espana won xD But now that the game is over, I'm going back to >>>> :scared:

Only 3 days left until Wednesday...
I really hope that we would get results by Wed...
Let's post our results asap once we get our emails!!

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys taking summer courses?

Yep! Anat 391 just started a week ago, and Anat 390 was for 6 weeks before that. And I'm doing research every day that I don't have class...Keeping busy!

Yep! Anat 391 just started a week ago, and Anat 390 was for 6 weeks before that. And I'm doing research every day that I don't have class...Keeping busy!

woah haha, summer classes, didn't even attempt! lol.
2 days!?!?!

Is anyone a second year student? first year? Who's applying for the 2nd time?

i'm a first year ... :confused:

do you think first years have a lower chance of getting in?? does anyone know?

well in general, from what i hear, 1st years don't do so well BECAUSE they don't know what to expect. But i know a lot of first year students who got in...But i wouldn't worry.

I don't have cable so i'm youtubing which is SOOOO BAD!
I'm planning to take psych 308 to get my elective over with. I wish i could travel but i have no one to go with and i don't really have that much money either.

But my birthday is coming up in 3 weeks so i'm excited for that. :D

Oh yeah, and this is my 2nd time applying and i'm a 3rd year student.

I was thinking of messing with you all and posting that I :love:got my acceptance:love: email...

But I was too scared of karma bringing me a rejection to go through with it :)

wow... that would be ****e annnd you'd have made a lot of enemies
but i find it funny :)

I just finished second year but am applying for the first time because I didn't take the second half of first year calculus last year. Fortunately I got the equivalent of Stats 203 and Micro 202 done second year at Uvic so if I get in I can either enjoy a less intense course load or maybe get Bioc 300 over with.

oh yay the forum censors swearwords

I'm still trying to figure out what ****e is...
Ahh! This is so distracting...I'm supposed to be drawing dendrites..

did anyone take psych 308 and have the social psych text?

ESSAY?!??!
what really...ugh then i'm not sure if i want to take that course anymore.
did she have claire ashton?
how's dendrite drawing going?

hey everyone they've sent out the acceptance letters!!! :D

ESSAY?!??!
what really...ugh then i'm not sure if i want to take that course anymore.
did she have claire ashton?
how's dendrite drawing going?

I have no clue... It was the second term's prof..Pretty sure there could only have been one section.

And the dendrite drawing is at a stalemate. Filling pipet tips now.

hey guys
I GOT INTO PHARMACY!
I just received an email just now OMG
I'm not joking either...
OMG
Hope you guys receive your's soon
can't wait to see you guys in fall.

Oh my gosh! Congrats! Nothing yet for me..

Please be kidding..

oh haha nope i'm not kidding. i was really surprised to get mine just now...since it's still quite early considering interviews only finished last thursday. just a heads up for everyone else who is anxiously waiting... =D best of luck!

Did it have your names on it? Or was it a bulk email?

Did it have your names on it? Or was it a bulk email?

Yay, I made it! I had to double check, cause it was addressed to "Shirley", I'm not Shirley. But they were sent out in bulk I guess. I can change my name to Shirley if needed :laugh:.

Fingers crossed for you all!

Just got my acceptance letter as well. Congrats to everyone else who got one and good luck for ppl who haven't gotten one yet.

Im In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)Congrats to everyone who made it and I look forward to meeting you next year.:)

Congrats everyone~

Sigh~ I didn't make it this year... so I"m just gonna wait for my rejection letter and maybe try again next year :(.

*heart attack* Shout to me that I'm not living in a dream!!!

:love:IN !!!!!!!!

See you all at White Coat Ceremony~

Wow so many of you all!! Congrats!!

I went to see Margaret (i know. fast, but I was on campus so I thought why not) and she said sending out admissions emails is in "progress". But I'm scared to hope.

I'm in too! Cya guys in first year!!

no soup for you! this is surreal . gonna have the nastiest crew in first year pharm. what.

Congratz you guys! So happy for all of you x)