UBC 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't give up hope! There's still a chance of being on the waiting list! Best of luck~

---

Glad that they sent the admission email before July! :)

Members don't see this ad.

YEY! i got accepted too :D :D

i'm freaking out on these immunizations though. lol. i've moved so much in my life i don't even know if i can track down all of these immunizations :S :S

Wow so many of you all!! Congrats!!

I went to see Margaret (i know. fast, but I was on campus so I thought why not) and she said sending out admissions emails is in "progress". But I'm scared to hope.

did you ask if all the acceptances have been sent out already?

Members don't see this ad :)
YEY! i got accepted too :D :D

i'm freaking out on these immunizations though. lol. i've moved so much in my life i don't even know if i can track down all of these immunizations :S :S

don't worry about immunizations, you don't officially need it until the end of 2nd year which is when you go on your rotations to community pharmacies... but you dont' REALLY need it until your 4th year during the hospital rotations

i'm in too! congrats everyone! and dont' give up hope if you haven't received negative news, they may not have sent it all at once, or you're on waitlist! have hope!

did you ask if all the acceptances have been sent out already?

Yes, and she said that they're in progress, which I guess is a no.

Then I said "does this mean I should keep hoping" and she pretty much said "I don't know about that. Just understand there are waitlists and there is a process involved"

i didn't get an email either =( anyone know when rejection letters get sent out?

don't worry about immunizations, you don't officially need it until the end of 2nd year which is when you go on your rotations to community pharmacies... but you dont' REALLY need it until your 4th year during the hospital rotations

oh really , because it says that you need to show evidence for all of the listed vaccines by nov 1st :O. can it be after then?! haha ...like a year later lol

WOOT!!! I got in!!!

hey congrats to all the ppl that got in..hopefully the ones waiting get in too..i'm hoping to apply to ubc pharm next year. I would just like to say everyones posts' are awesome..it totally helps ppl like me that are hoping to apply get familiar with the process..i was wondering if the ppl that got in could post there stats (this question has been asked before but not everyone has done so, hopefully now that u are in u feel more comfortable sharing your gpa and stuff)

k here are my stats:
-First year
-3.57 total GPA and pre-req GPA
-66 PCAT
-200+ Hours of volunteering at a pharmacy
-Many other extra activities ie clubs, volunteering
-Probably a good interview since my marks are not the greatest

Congrats to all who got accepted.
Does anyone know how we can know the standings for the ones who are admited. Also is there such a thing as the highest scores would get scholarships? How do scholarships for pharmacy program work?

you can ask margaret once she's not as busy. i met a guy who's already in pharmacy and he said he called her one day and asked. I don't think you get a scholarship based on your admittance marks but definitely once you are you pharmacy, you can get scholarships after each year like any other faculty.

Good luck for those who are still waiting. It's canada Day tomorrow so hope you guys will be doing something then and not worry. I have 2 pieces of advice that is very obvious but rings very true. 1) do the best you can do ALWAYS so you'll never be disappointed at yourself. 2) what's done is done and you can only learn from that experience.

This is my 2nd time applying so i learned the first time around that sulking won't help. i just need to work harder and it worked.

Also, ask for your stats (for those who didn't get accepted- like 2 weeks later when margaret isn't so busy) so you can see where you stand against other people and see what areas you can improve on.

anyways best of luck! and Happy canada day tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
OH MY ****
YES

i must reply...

DID YOU REALIZE
I GOT IN
YES
SCHEISSE

Yay!! Just got home from work to find my acceptance email!!! What a relief!!! I can't believe how fast UBC is! Congrats to all those who got in, see you in Sept :):):):)

Sigh... I didn't get anything.

Is it possible that they haven't sent out all the acceptance e-mails yet, or am I pretty much done for the year?

they may still be emailing out some invitations so don't lose hope. You also have a chance of making it on the wait list. :)

I Got In!!!! Yeah Bitches!!!!

I GOT In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so thrilled! :love:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS :love:
I'll see you in September. <3

I'll throw some mad pharmacy parties starting in sept. THIS IS SICK!!!

I just received my acceptance tonight! Congrats everyone that has heard back! For those of you that haven't, don't give up yet!

happiest day of my life, ubc pharmacy 2012!!!!!!!!

grats to everyone who got in and best of luck to the others in the future. you'll get in too!

I just received my acceptance tonight! Congrats everyone that has heard back! For those of you that haven't, don't give up yet!

Hey what time did you receive your reply tonight? I'm still waiting and am very anxious. Does this mean it's over? =(

lenne, I didn't receive anything either. I REALLY hope that we still have a chance.

Hey what time did you receive your reply tonight? I'm still waiting and am very anxious. Does this mean it's over? =(

Apparently it was sent out as a batch email so if you didn't get one around 3-4pm today its either waitlist or rejection

There's a lot of stuff to do for those accepted, it's a little overwhelming, but it's such a wicked feel to get in! For those who didn't, don't give up! Reapply next year for sure!!

wow congrats people!
sigh... i think i'm one of the few who's been rejected for the 3rd time -__-''

hey way to go OGO. Kelowna pharmacy dudes representing.

I must have really messed up on my interview... I had 85% gpa and 87% pcat. time to reapply next year :(

I must have really messed up on my interview... I had 85% gpa and 87% pcat. time to reapply next year :(

Whoa, but with those stats you're likely numero uno on the waitlist. I mean, gpa is still worth the bulk of it and I think someone with a 75% gpa got accepted.

I'm hoping they'll let another one of those relatively weak GPA's squeak by...!

I'm Kris in the Pharmacy group

Whoa, but with those stats you're likely numero uno on the waitlist. I mean, gpa is still worth the bulk of it and I think someone with a 75% gpa got accepted.

To those with lower avg/pcat, Yes, its possible to get in. I applied with a 72% avg and a 68% pcat score and got the interview, rocked it, and got an offer!

I got me email at 6:04pm...but i'm in ontario so i assume that's 3:04 BC time. good luck! hopefully they haven't sent them all out! and there's always the waiting list!

do they work on Canada Day?

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you didn't get in with those stats off the bat you won't be offered admission. I had a friend with similar stats (mid 80's for both GPA and pCAT) that applied and didn't get the offer because their interview was below 65%. However, he was still ranked in the low 100's (and everyone up to 152 is accepted unless they screwed up their interview, in which case .. people in the 153'rd spot would get accepted and so on.

Congrats everyone! Maybe I am waitlisted... sigh oh well.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you didn't get in with those stats off the bat you won't be offered admission. I had a friend with similar stats (mid 80's for both GPA and pCAT) that applied and didn't get the offer because their interview was below 65%. However, he was still ranked in the low 100's (and everyone up to 152 is accepted unless they screwed up their interview, in which case .. people in the 153'rd spot would get accepted and so on.

how do you know your interview score?

asked margaret?

i personally think that the interview is worth too much.

i'd rather have a dr. house treat me and not dr.zoidberg

how do you know your interview score?

asked margaret?

i personally think that the interview is worth too much.

i'd rather have a dr. house treat me and not dr.zoidberg

Well, like an actual job interview, they want to know that the applicant truely understands what it takes to be a Pharmacist. Marks are still worth 50% both before and after the interview, I think that's pretty reasonable. I'm glad the PCAT isn't worth more, its a stupid test designed to make a crapload of money by a huge company that probably knows very little about Pharmacy.

How do we find out our ranks on all portions, like interview, gpa, application, and PCAT??
Do we have to call Margaret, or what??:confused:

you can email margaret for your ranking when she's less busy (in a couple weeks)