You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants
Started by crystal6055
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hmm, the thing is, I never paid anything for the upcoming school year yet. This is why it's a bit confusing for me. SSC doesn't say I have any outstanding fees.
Maybe you had credit from last year that they're just putting towards your deposit? If not, you could email the faculty and ask
I'm unsure what electives I should take... FNH 200 or 250 sound good but so does PHAR 269... Same with PHIL 433. I can only take one otherwise my timetable will be ridiculously jam packed. My worklist says I'm already going to be taking 41 credits if I include an elective.
Oh and it turns out BIOL 228 from UBCO doesn't transfer over as MICB202 at UBC Van according to the microbiology dept. 🙁 so I guess I'll be taking that as well...
Maybe you had credit from last year that they're just putting towards your deposit? If not, you could email the faculty and ask
I'm unsure what electives I should take... FNH 200 or 250 sound good but so does PHAR 269... Same with PHIL 433. I can only take one otherwise my timetable will be ridiculously jam packed. My worklist says I'm already going to be taking 41 credits if I include an elective.
Oh and it turns out BIOL 228 from UBCO doesn't transfer over as MICB202 at UBC Van according to the microbiology dept. 🙁 so I guess I'll be taking that as well...
I'm not sure whether to take MICB 202 in first or second term, do you know if the profs are the same for both semesters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm, the thing is, I never paid anything for the upcoming school year yet. This is why it's a bit confusing for me. SSC doesn't say I have any outstanding fees.
Have you received an e-mail about accepting the official offer on SSC yet? If you haven't yet, that's probably why.
Once you get that e-mail, or if you see if on SSC, you can pay it then as well.
Have you received an e-mail about accepting the official offer on SSC yet? If you haven't yet, that's probably why.
Once you get that e-mail, or if you see if on SSC, you can pay it then as well.
Yeah I did get that email, and I also accepted my offer on SSC, but it just tells me my registration time and doesn't ask me for a deposit anywhere on SSC. Any ideas on who I should contact maybe?
long weekend, so probably results out tmrw for people on waitlist...does anyone know how many seats are left? About 38 people in that UBC Pharm 2017 class are also in the 2016 class so I assume some space is left
For that Facebook group? I don't really know but lets just keep our fingers crossed. Given that it was a long weekend I feel as though a few of the waitlisters will get in later today.
Last edited:
Yeah I did get that email, and I also accepted my offer on SSC, but it just tells me my registration time and doesn't ask me for a deposit anywhere on SSC. Any ideas on who I should contact maybe?
Hmm, do you have credit from dropping a course last term/this summer perhaps?
If not, you should probably contact Enrollment Services and/or Undergrad Admissions :O
I notice a lot of the waitlisters are in this thread anxiously waiting like me 🙂
Ikr! Fingers crossed!! Good luck to all of us still waiting🙂
Just got the call 😀 Accepted off the waitlist 😀
Ah yeah! congratz dude! Any mention of them calling anyone else today or more people?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they just want to get through the waitlist ASAP. She asked if I was still interested etc. before sending all the emails. I guess it's faster to just call and ask instead of waiting a week for replies to emails etc.
I'm pretty sure you had to put a phone number on the application.
Sorry, didn't ask about any other calls.
I'm pretty sure you had to put a phone number on the application.
Sorry, didn't ask about any other calls.
ohhh ok i see thanks n congrats, now i need to somehow rmb what number i put down rofl
lol I know.. I'm thinking the same thing.
we didnt have to reply to the waitlist email right? did anybody do so lol
I didn't. I'm pretty much getting super paranoid about everything too.
I didn't. I'm pretty much getting super paranoid about everything too.
Same here. I missed a call this afternoon but I don't have caller ID and its pretty much freaking me out although I know it isn't from pharmacy. Its making me really paranoid.
Last edited:
I'm guessing nobody else got accepted off the waitlist today? 🙁
Maybe they don't have many people who rejected their offer after the second round of emails...
Maybe they don't have many people who rejected their offer after the second round of emails...
I'm guessing nobody else got accepted off the waitlist today? 🙁
Maybe they don't have many people who rejected their offer after the second round of emails...
Well can't be too sure but it does seem that way. It's kinda depressing cause I felt like over the long weekend the faculty would have received a few rejections at least. Also, I'm assuming that the second round had significantly less candidates then the first.
I'm guessing nobody else got accepted off the waitlist today? 🙁
Maybe they don't have many people who rejected their offer after the second round of emails...
agreed. Good luck though!😉
There's still a bunch of people who still have time to accept/reject their offers. I know there's TONS of people who received their e-mail about me and my last day to accept/reject was today. Everyone gets a week to either accept or reject so I'm sure there's some coming still.Well can't be too sure but it does seem that way. It's kinda depressing cause I felt like over the long weekend the faculty would have received a few rejections at least. Also, I'm assuming that the second round had significantly less candidates then the first.
Hi everyone,
My application was rejected this year so i had asked Jennifer about my rejection. I have pasted the email i got from her below. I hope it helps all of us who got rejected this year ti improve for next year.
Thank you for your email and I am sorry that your application was not successful this year. The BSCP admission decisions are based on many factors, including GPA, PCAT, supplemental application and interviews. Your GPA and PCAT scores were good these were considered when determining whether you would qualify for an interview for our program.
The next part of the admission process is the interview and the final admission decision was based on a ranking of interview scores and supplemental scores. Your combined supplemental and interview ranking was 281/356. This was, unfortunately, not a high enough ranking for admission to the program as we only have 224 spots available.[/COLOR]
My application was rejected this year so i had asked Jennifer about my rejection. I have pasted the email i got from her below. I hope it helps all of us who got rejected this year ti improve for next year.
Thank you for your email and I am sorry that your application was not successful this year. The BSCP admission decisions are based on many factors, including GPA, PCAT, supplemental application and interviews. Your GPA and PCAT scores were good these were considered when determining whether you would qualify for an interview for our program.
The next part of the admission process is the interview and the final admission decision was based on a ranking of interview scores and supplemental scores. Your combined supplemental and interview ranking was 281/356. This was, unfortunately, not a high enough ranking for admission to the program as we only have 224 spots available.[/COLOR]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
My application was rejected this year so i had asked Jennifer about my rejection. I have pasted the email i got from her below. I hope it helps all of us who got rejected this year ti improve for next year.
Thank you for your email and I am sorry that your application was not successful this year. The BSCP admission decisions are based on many factors, including GPA, PCAT, supplemental application and interviews. Your GPA and PCAT scores were good these were considered when determining whether you would qualify for an interview for our program.
The next part of the admission process is the interview and the final admission decision was based on a ranking of interview scores and supplemental scores. Your combined supplemental and interview ranking was 281/356. This was, unfortunately, not a high enough ranking for admission to the program as we only have 224 spots available.[/COLOR]
just wondering if you are on the waitlist or not?
just wondering if you are on the waitlist or not?
Nope i was not i had received my rejection email on 25th june .. I guess same day others got waitlisted...
So I assume none of the waitlisters got any calls yet today?
I got nothing 🙁
yeah.....does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
Not sure, I'm hoping it isn't too much. I think maybe 20 to 25?
When I talked to them they said they would invite the waitlisters as more and more people reject the offer. It's kinda concerning that we aren't seeing as many invites. But on the brightside, not everyone goes on these forums and I've only really seen a few waitlisters on here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
registration for pharm is this monday? or does it differ for everyone?
Registration begins on Monday the 8th. Many also have times on the 9th and 10th as well. Reading through previous UBC threads on SDN, there were some people who did get off waitlist shortly after registration began. So there's still hope for those waiting 😉
For those of you still waiting (like I am), it's not over until they send you an e-mail letting you know that all the spots have been filled. Hopefully, there will be more people rejecting the offer to go somewhere else. Even if you don't get in, there is always next year and you can use this year's interview to do better. 😀
Let's stay positive. Good luck, everyone. 🙂
Let's stay positive. Good luck, everyone. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K