-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants
Started by crystal6055
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, I got nothing either. I'm pretty bummed, since I've been waiting all week for this. Imagine how painful waiting after the interview for a decision is going to be. Arggg
Perhaps Monday or Tuesday? Worst case scenario, the next Friday before long weekend.
Perhaps Monday or Tuesday? Worst case scenario, the next Friday before long weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an invite literally 3 minutes ago.
Good luck all 🙂
Same here.
Here we go guys, final round of interviews.
Same, would any of you be interested in a meetup sometime next time to practice going over some of the sample q's?
If you've got an interview, there's always a chance of admission. At least thats what I keep hearing...so stay positive! 🙂I got an invite for an interview today...my gpa is 75.6 and PCAT score is 66 🙁( not sure if i even have a chance
Yes. How about wednesday??Same, would any of you be interested in a meetup sometime next time to practice going over some of the sample q's?
Oops sorry I meant next week* not next time. Lol.
I can't do Wednesday but I'm free Thursday? And pretty much anytime next week except Tues. Let's all write which days/times work best for us and then decide on a date, does that work?
I can't do Wednesday but I'm free Thursday? And pretty much anytime next week except Tues. Let's all write which days/times work best for us and then decide on a date, does that work?
Oops sorry I meant next week* not next time. Lol.
I can't do Wednesday but I'm free Thursday? And pretty much anytime next week except Tues. Let's all write which days/times work best for us and then decide on a date, does that work?
Any time except Wednesday next week works, by the way any of you guys in the Delta/Surrey area?
Ooooh can I practice with you guys too??? 😀 Although I haven't started preparing yet, so I'll probably be really terrible at it... unfortunately I have summer school, so my schedule's pretty inflexible 🙁
I end at 2pm on Tuesday/Wednesday and 1pm on Friday. On Mondays and Thursdays, I end at around 4, but I'm guessing that's too late for most of you? Weekends are free.
And yeahhh I'm in Surrey!
I end at 2pm on Tuesday/Wednesday and 1pm on Friday. On Mondays and Thursdays, I end at around 4, but I'm guessing that's too late for most of you? Weekends are free.
And yeahhh I'm in Surrey!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys im looking for a practice group as well.
i live in port moody, but i think we can skype if we can't meet in person.
I'm available on anyday after 7pm.
we can meet on ubc vancouver campus as well b/c i go to school everyday.
contact me if interested thx.
i live in port moody, but i think we can skype if we can't meet in person.
I'm available on anyday after 7pm.
we can meet on ubc vancouver campus as well b/c i go to school everyday.
contact me if interested thx.
I got an invite for an interview today...my gpa is 75.6 and PCAT score is 66 🙁( not sure if i even have a chance
If there's a will there's a way! Keep in mind that last year so many people turned down their offers that UBC had to resort to giving offers to those who were initially refused post interview (ie: they weren't even on the waitlist!). The fact that you received an interview means you have a pretty good shot. Good luck and ace that interview!
Ooooh! i'm from coquitlam. Which high school did you attend? And to "isidoraa" remember that not everyone got a chance to do the interview. Some people didn't have recieve invites at all. Those are the people without a chance. Keep your chin up and do good on that interview and your chances are high for admission!
hey guys im looking for a practice group as well.
i live in port moody, but i think we can skype if we can't meet in person.
I'm available on anyday after 7pm.
we can meet on ubc vancouver campus as well b/c i go to school everyday.
contact me if interested thx.
Ooooh! i'm from coquitlam. Which high school did you attend? And to "isidoraa" remember that not everyone got a chance to do the interview. Some people didn't have recieve invites at all. Those are the people without a chance. Keep your chin up and do good on that interview and your chances are high for admission!
So by the looks of it..Monday the 20th, Thurs the 23rd or Friday the 24th (all at 7pm or after) are open so far to meet next week. We can even do 2 meetups next week for those of us who might prefer meeting earlier and those who prefer meeting later during the day. What do you guys think?
Let's meet up at UBC on the weekend! I think most people are free then?
If we have enough people, we can split up into 2 groups and find some rooms to practice like a real mmi! Or we can just bring questions and make some stations in a large room. I'm cool with either.
How would skype work? Is it just between 2 people or does one person speak and everyone listens in?
If we have enough people, we can split up into 2 groups and find some rooms to practice like a real mmi! Or we can just bring questions and make some stations in a large room. I'm cool with either.
How would skype work? Is it just between 2 people or does one person speak and everyone listens in?
Im from surrey haha. Whoever is from the surrey/new west/delta/coquitlam we can form a group here insteadAny time except Wednesday next week works, by the way any of you guys in the Delta/Surrey area?
Okay, I made a google document where you can post your availability and where you want to meet up. I think this will be easier for everyone but I don't know if you guys want to try this.
Just read the document for instructions and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask! 🙂
Here is the link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yQqc49mJMhJN9HetkBNXte7c2IxU_cyfjnXpNpYgcvs/edit?usp=sharing
Just read the document for instructions and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask! 🙂
Here is the link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yQqc49mJMhJN9HetkBNXte7c2IxU_cyfjnXpNpYgcvs/edit?usp=sharing
Hey are you both from Toronto?
Did you get an email from dean asking if you are still interested in Bachelor Program since so many courses won't be transferred
I am also from Toronto but did not get this email.
Side note - got the email for the interview 🙂
Wednesday at UBC around 5?hey im in van west if u wanna meet up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow! This thread exploded with people over the last couple days. Let's hope more show up over the next few weeks since the exciting (or nerve-wracking?) parts of the application process are happening now 
I remember reading on the UBC pharmacy website at one point that people from under represented areas of the province (up north, eastern BC, rural communities) get a little extra consideration. Is this still true? I don't see it anywhere on the page anymore.

I remember reading on the UBC pharmacy website at one point that people from under represented areas of the province (up north, eastern BC, rural communities) get a little extra consideration. Is this still true? I don't see it anywhere on the page anymore.
Wednesday at UBC around 5?
hey look at the google doc. think someone already booked a room at irving
yeah..im busy from 2:30 to 4:30hey look at the google doc. think someone already booked a room at irving
Then do you want to meet up and try it next week? (after you had some practice on your own)Ooooh! i'm from coquitlam. Which high school did you attend? And to "isidoraa" remember that not everyone got a chance to do the interview. Some people didn't have recieve invites at all. Those are the people without a chance. Keep your chin up and do good on that interview and your chances are high for admission!
But it would be nice to have at least one more person to practice with.
btw I went to Pinetree Secondary.
Ooooh can I practice with you guys too??? 😀 Although I haven't started preparing yet, so I'll probably be really terrible at it... unfortunately I have summer school, so my schedule's pretty inflexible 🙁
I end at 2pm on Tuesday/Wednesday and 1pm on Friday. On Mondays and Thursdays, I end at around 4, but I'm guessing that's too late for most of you? Weekends are free.
And yeahhh I'm in Surrey!
I prefer after 5pm.
Sure sfu surrey sounds good. Maybe this weekendI'm from Surrey as well and I am free almost all week and weekend.
And if at any random point anyone wants to go to practice. I can meet up at SFU Surrey almost any night.
Guys, is May 31st the last day to submit transcript?
Yeah I can meet up at SFU Surrey!! That's really close for me 🙂 And I guess I'll probably drop by Irving next week, who booked the room?
HI EVERYONE 🙂
totally new to this forum, just signed up literally 2 minutes ago!
i've heard about it from other people but never got around to it..
BUT SINCE WE'VE ALL GOT GOOD NEWS TO SHARE, may as well!
quick introduction: i'm in second year biology, pretty active around the ubc campus (SUS, BIOSOC, etcetc) and probably know a fair amount of you here who are second year!
i also just got an invite for an interview and would love to meet up with people to practice!
sooo.. anyone in the VANCOUVER/RICHMOND/UBC area looking for a "practice group"?
🙂

totally new to this forum, just signed up literally 2 minutes ago!
i've heard about it from other people but never got around to it..
BUT SINCE WE'VE ALL GOT GOOD NEWS TO SHARE, may as well!
quick introduction: i'm in second year biology, pretty active around the ubc campus (SUS, BIOSOC, etcetc) and probably know a fair amount of you here who are second year!
i also just got an invite for an interview and would love to meet up with people to practice!
sooo.. anyone in the VANCOUVER/RICHMOND/UBC area looking for a "practice group"?
🙂

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I'm new to this thread. I'm very excited because I got an invitation to the interview. But now am very nervous and scared 
So I know this sounds really stupid but just to make sure; to reply to the invitation u just reply to the same email (sent by Shirly Wong) with your preferred time slots right? (this is how nervous I am lol)
Thx

So I know this sounds really stupid but just to make sure; to reply to the invitation u just reply to the same email (sent by Shirly Wong) with your preferred time slots right? (this is how nervous I am lol)
Thx
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K