UC Berkeley Extension Postbacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontradpremed0171

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I’m a non-trad career changer student and considering UC Berkeley Extension post bacc.
Has anyone experienced UCBx?
Would love to get some feedback.
I’ve also been accepted to WashU but it costs 60K which is ALOT just to take premed courses. USBx is much more affordable.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking UCBX courses right now. My experience has overall been positive. Instructors are generally good at teaching, and they are clear about their expectations to do well in a course. Its pretty straightforward to get an A, and I actually do feel like I'm learning, rather than just spending money on grades. UCBX is ideal for someone with a full-time job, as many of the classes are 6:30-9:30 pm, so you can take them after work. Plus, while the classes aren't crazy cheap (~$1000 a pop), they are definitely cheaper than a lot of other places. Overall, I would say UCBX is ideal for someone who works and is looking to take 2-4 classes a semester, while someone who is looking to be a full-time student would be better served in another program. Feel free to PM me for specific questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there
I’m a non-trad career changer student and considering UC Berkeley Extension post bacc.
Has anyone experienced UCBx?
Would love to get some feedback.
I’ve also been accepted to WashU but it costs 60K which is ALOT just to take premed courses. USBx is much more affordable.
Hi! I'm currently in the same situation as you were.

Did you get into UCBx psot bacc program? is it competitive?

I'm taking UCBX courses right now. My experience has overall been positive. Instructors are generally good at teaching, and they are clear about their expectations to do well in a course. Its pretty straightforward to get an A, and I actually do feel like I'm learning, rather than just spending money on grades. UCBX is ideal for someone with a full-time job, as many of the classes are 6:30-9:30 pm, so you can take them after work. Plus, while the classes aren't crazy cheap (~$1000 a pop), they are definitely cheaper than a lot of other places. Overall, I would say UCBX is ideal for someone who works and is looking to take 2-4 classes a semester, while someone who is looking to be a full-time student would be better served in another program. Feel free to PM me for specific questions.
Hi! I'm just wondering about schedule of classes in the post bacc program at ucbx, if it's once a week or twice a week and if they also have weekend classes. Can I also PM you?