• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

UC Berkeley Extension Postbacc

bam0171

Feb 5, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi there
I’m a non-trad career changer student and considering UC Berkeley Extension post bacc.
Has anyone experienced UCBx?
Would love to get some feedback.
I’ve also been accepted to WashU but it costs 60K which is ALOT just to take premed courses. USBx is much more affordable.

Upvote 0

iHawk_MD

7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm taking UCBX courses right now. My experience has overall been positive. Instructors are generally good at teaching, and they are clear about their expectations to do well in a course. Its pretty straightforward to get an A, and I actually do feel like I'm learning, rather than just spending money on grades. UCBX is ideal for someone with a full-time job, as many of the classes are 6:30-9:30 pm, so you can take them after work. Plus, while the classes aren't crazy cheap (~$1000 a pop), they are definitely cheaper than a lot of other places. Overall, I would say UCBX is ideal for someone who works and is looking to take 2-4 classes a semester, while someone who is looking to be a full-time student would be better served in another program. Feel free to PM me for specific questions.

Upvote 0

Cole42

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2019
I just took Biochemistry at UCBx and had a really positive experience. I felt like I learned the material well and got some great MCAT prep. I had a really solid professor who set us up for success, and I also really loved the students and sense of community in my class. It was unfortunate when classes moved online as that was lost a bit, but the semester still went well. I did my other post-bacc classes through concurrent/open campus enrollment, so it was nice to have a class where pretty much everyone was a non-traditional med school applicant. The price of the classes was also reasonable compared to other schools I looked at, and they sometimes offer discounts and scholarships as well.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

DR.OH

Mar 29, 2021
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi there
I’m a non-trad career changer student and considering UC Berkeley Extension post bacc.
Has anyone experienced UCBx?
Would love to get some feedback.
I’ve also been accepted to WashU but it costs 60K which is ALOT just to take premed courses. USBx is much more affordable.
Hi! I'm currently in the same situation as you were.

Did you get into UCBx psot bacc program? is it competitive?

Upvote 0

Medisina2021

Sep 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm taking UCBX courses right now. My experience has overall been positive. Instructors are generally good at teaching, and they are clear about their expectations to do well in a course. Its pretty straightforward to get an A, and I actually do feel like I'm learning, rather than just spending money on grades. UCBX is ideal for someone with a full-time job, as many of the classes are 6:30-9:30 pm, so you can take them after work. Plus, while the classes aren't crazy cheap (~$1000 a pop), they are definitely cheaper than a lot of other places. Overall, I would say UCBX is ideal for someone who works and is looking to take 2-4 classes a semester, while someone who is looking to be a full-time student would be better served in another program. Feel free to PM me for specific questions.
Hi! I'm just wondering about schedule of classes in the post bacc program at ucbx, if it's once a week or twice a week and if they also have weekend classes. Can I also PM you?

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.