UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All of my stuff was uploaded today! 2 transcripts sent 01/13 and 3 LOR sent 01/23.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My LOR were uploaded today, I sent them out 1/23. Transcript also sent out 1/23 but expected to be received by 2/3. Almost there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an update: My letters posted, but my transcript still hasn't. Elio responded to the e-mail I sent this past weekend and he said "we are processing docs with postmark of 1/19 this week".

If it's any consolation, my transcript was the first thing that I sent in mid-January which still hasn't posted. My last letter was sent mid-Feb which somehow got posted already. So I guess it's all a waiting game as of now.

I'm missing transcripts but lets hope those documents get uploaded early this week. Its the only thing on my mind lately

Good luck to those of you with a completed document!

I'm missing transcripts but lets hope those documents get uploaded early this week. Its the only thing on my mind lately

Good luck to those of you with a completed document!
Same here Im still missing a LoR i hope were still in the run for UCI priority. Its a bit unfair that all our documents were probably recieved before Mar 1, and not uploaded on time.

My LOR and Transcripts were uploaded, but it still states pending:( I was just wondering if there is anyone that also sent in the ACMAS application, do we have to wait for that get uploaded? How can we know if it was uploaded?

LOR and transcripts sent 1/19, received 2 LOR 3/1, last LOR 3/6 and transcripts by 3/1 . Application is now complete.

Last edited:
My application is complete. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My last LOR got there on 2/7 and my application was complete on 3/3 so I'm guessing they are around mid February!

Does anyone know when we start hearing back from these programs?

Does anyone know when we start hearing back from these programs?

From what I read in past forums UCI usually invites the first wave to interview after the priority deadline and mid March.

I'm going out of town for a bit but want to give a quick update. I heard from UCI this week for an interview in 3/15

Last edited:
Mine is still pending :( Congrats! Did anyone else hear back?

Last edited:
I'm going out of town for a bit but want to give a quick update. I heard from UCI this week for an interview in 2 weeks.

Congrats... Did they send out emails or phone calls if you don't mind. Thanks

Hey y'all! I was wondering what some of your GPAs and ECs are. I am interested in the program but have a really low GPA (2.7). I am thinking that I need to do a do-it-myself post-bacc and raise my science GPA to 3.0+ before I would even get looked at for this program.

Hey y'all! I was wondering what some of your GPAs and ECs are. I am interested in the program but have a really low GPA (2.7). I am thinking that I need to do a do-it-myself post-bacc and raise my science GPA to 3.0+ before I would even get looked at for this program.

I'll do my best to give a general response. A postbacc may be a good choice, but I'm unsure how much it can raise your GPA for medical school since they can vary. First make sure you meet the admission requirements listed at the UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium. If so, then previous forums, and this years about the Consortium show applicants and accepters have no cookie cutter for GPA or ECs. If you visit each individual program's website in the consortium you'll notice a slight difference in GPA minimum requirements UCI- 2.8, UCD- 2.7, UCR 2.7, UCSF cGPA of 2.93/sGPA 2.75, UCLA (for people who applied to medical school only) sGPA of 2.7

Most applicants applying to academic record enhancer programs such as this are usually are at a 3.4 or below due to a decreased GPA in BCPM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math) courses. This program focuses on taking rigorous science classes (in addition to mentoring and MCAT prep) to prove to medical schools that we can handle the curriculum.

When it comes to a Postbacc usually there are structured (formal) programs where all students in the cohort take the same classes, and unstructured (informal) where students can pick and choose. Every school Postbacc/extension is different and needs to be researched throughly. At some school's informal extension programs (or returning to the school you graduated from for extra courses) matriculated students have first choice before you do to get a class/lab with limited seating, meaning crashing classes will be common. Also, schools have undergrad unit caps. Summer/Winter are good options but usually expensive, less variety of classes, and one has to wait after matriculated students register. Community colleges may help but BCPM are not weighed the same as a university level course. Some students want to raise GPA with a traditional Masters but these programs usually have few lecture classes and one spends most time conducting research and defending a thesis and not proving one can handle classes in BCPM that one needs help in.

I'm not too familiar with many Postbacc/extension other than UC Consortium. You can visit other help forums in SDN, *speak to a pre-health college advisors (recommend), visit https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index to view different programs, or call/make an appointment with schools that offer academic enhancer opportunities to learn more. Some schools extension/masters programs may offer official linkage opportunities to their MD/DO schools. Do your research and asks the questions you need to get there.

Hopefully this helps you and others in the future. If I missed anything hopefully others can fill in. I have a GPA of 3.4, ECs in community service with underserved, involvement with diff organizations, research, and hospital work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
To expand on the post above, theres a SFSU post bacc you may have a better chance at they have a 2.5 Gpa requirement and also look heavily at your last 60 Units. If I were you I would get to the 3.0 for the consortium programs. This way you would have not only a higher gpa but presumably a record of all As in your last courses, just my 2 cents.
My stats
3.09 Cgpa 3.22 Sgpa and pretty average ecs URM hispanic.

hey Ya'll ...my application status says complete. I am not sure if they will reach out to me :(

Its still early for interviews and registration is open for two more days. Lets stay optimistic!

@TimeWizard thank you and your other stats seem really good.

Good luck everyone. Let's keep our heads up ^^

any idea on how these programs look at re-applicants and why the deadline for submission is much later?

any idea on how these programs look at re-applicants and why the deadline for submission is much later?

I think the only true reaplicant program is UCLA. The rest are for both re aplicants and first time.

I think the only true reaplicant program is UCLA. The rest are for both re aplicants and first time.

Maybe rocketsfan is referring to the May 8 priority and final deadline for reapplicants or people who've applied to med school?

In that case I'm unsure why the date is so far back. Since first time applicants are considered those who havent applied to med school and those who are applying to the Consortium for their second time.

To expand on the post above, theres a SFSU post bacc you may have a better chance at they have a 2.5 Gpa requirement and also look heavily at your last 60 Units. If I were you I would get to the 3.0 for the consortium programs. This way you would have not only a higher gpa but presumably a record of all As in your last courses, just my 2 cents.
My stats
3.09 Cgpa 3.22 Sgpa and pretty average ecs URM hispanic.

Also adding in my two cents on the SFSU post-bacc. I've heard from several sources (students, advisors in the grapevine, and I believe I ran into an SDN thread where this was brought up) that they've been going through a transition in leadership. Dr. Rothman was the Director of a strong program up until recently. The transition has diminished the quality of the program. Just my opinion-- I'm sure there are others who have found success with this program!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also adding in my two cents on the SFSU post-bacc. I've heard from several sources (students, advisors in the grapevine, and I believe I ran into an SDN thread where this was brought up) that they've been going through a transition in leadership. Dr. Rothman was the Director of a strong program up until recently. The transition has diminished the quality of the program. Just my opinion-- I'm sure there are others who have found success with this program!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Could you elaborate how? I actually have an interview there soon and it be good to know.

Maybe rocketsfan is referring to the May 8 priority and final deadline for reapplicants or people who've applied to med school?

In that case I'm unsure why the date is so far back. Since first time applicants are considered those who havent applied to med school and those who are applying to the Consortium for their second time.

I had heard that it's because people are still trying to get off the waitlist for med schools so they give more time to figure out if you got in to med school before submitting for the postbac program.

Does anyone still have an incomplete application? Letter of rec was received and delivered 3/03/2017 but has not been uploaded. Application is still pending. :(

Does anyone still have an incomplete application? Letter of rec was received and delivered 3/03/2017 but has not been uploaded. Application is still pending. :(
yep I called today if its post marked before 3/15 your fine

I just submitted my application this morning at 5AM, but I have sent in all my supporting documents back in January. Do you'll think I will be okay? Does the application have to be considered complete before the deadline in order to count?

I just submitted my application this morning at 5AM, but I have sent in all my supporting documents back in January. Do you'll think I will be okay? Does the application have to be considered complete before the deadline in order to count?
Given that you submitted your mail in portion of your application well in advance, you should be fine.

3/4 transcripts uploaded and 2/3 LORs uploaded as of today! App still pending though. Good luck to all.

Just recieved interview to UCI! App was completed 3/15 I got the email today!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, quick question?
I have submitted my application on 2/27 and all the documents have been sent right away. Does anyone know, if the Consortium is still uploading the letter of recommendations? or it is too late for the application to consider complete.

Hey guys, quick question?
I have submitted my application on 2/27 and all the documents have been sent right away. Does anyone know, if the Consortium is still uploading the letter of recommendations? or it is too late for the application to consider complete.
As long as your documents were post marked as sent before 3/15 you will be ok

Anyone know if the programs just review your application once and that's it? If we submitted our documents for UCI before the priority deadline and they didn't send us an invitation with the first round, does that mean we won't get one at all? Thanks!

Anyone know if the programs just review your application once and that's it? If we submitted our documents for UCI before the priority deadline and they didn't send us an invitation with the first round, does that mean we won't get one at all? Thanks!

Seconding this question. I'm hoping we can submit our Winter quarter grades as an update to supplement our apps.