UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To add on top of this; what comforted me about completion status before I found this forum was this quote directly from their page. [see attached image]

Maybe I'm taking it too literally but it did say as long as you mailed your stuff and the office *RECEIVED* it before 3/15, you should be fine. I think when the office receive it, they date it (hopefully).
I'm glad you pointed that out but I still feel like it contradicts the email UCI was quoted to have sent.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Ddude122

Yeah of course. I did my best to answer the interview questions as best as I could. The interviewers were professional and friendly. They were willing to answer my questions at the end of the interview. Overall, I felt I had a good experience with UCI and their Program appeals to me the most.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I was hoping to get some tips and guidance from those who interviewed at UCI! I will be having mine this week and this is my absolute top choice so I'm getting super nervous!!! I am really grateful for any advice you can throw my way! Thank you and I hope to be joining your cohort!!! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to UCI! Looks like I'll see you there @Voyaserdoctora
Best of luck to everyone!

Hey, I was also accepted! Look forward to meeting you both.

Hi all! I was hoping to get some tips and guidance for those who interviewed at UCI! I will be having mine this week and this is my absolute top choice so I'm getting super nervous!!! I am really grateful for any advice you can throw my way! Thank you and I hope to be joining your cohort!!! :)

I would say there's no need to be too nervous about the interview. They ask the normal types of interview questions, so just try to be yourself and show them you can work well with others. My interview lasted around 30 minutes and I felt fairly confident in my responses. Be ready to talk about your experiences working with undeserved communities and any other experience you have within the healthcare field. Also, make it a point to make eye contact with both interviewers. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message. Good luck!

Hey, I was also accepted! Look forward to meeting you both.

I would say there's no need to be too nervous about the interview. They ask the normal types of interview questions, so just try to be yourself and show them you can work well with others. My interview lasted around 30 minutes and I felt fairly confident in my responses. Be ready to talk about your experiences working with undeserved communities and any other experience you have within the healthcare field. Also, make it a point to make eye contact with both interviewers. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message. Good luck!

Thank you so much! Was just a little thrown off as it said come 10 mins early to review the questions....kind of like an mmi haha. Thank you for clearing that up and giving great advice! :) Congratulations on your acceptance!!

I just received an invitation for an interview from UC Irvine, so they're still sending out interviews for those who are wondering. Also, I submitted my application on March 15th, but it was not marked complete until March 28th, so there is still hope for people who are afraid their application might not be looked at by the program. I believe as long as you submitted your supporting documents and application before the March 15th deadline, there is still hope! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
I just received an invitation for an interview from UC Irvine, so they're still sending out interviews for those who are wondering. Also, I submitted my application on March 15th, but it was not marked complete until March 28th, so there is still hope for people who are afraid their application might not be looked at by the program. I believe as long as you submitted your supporting documents and application before the March 15th deadline, there is still hope! :)

Congratulations!! Thank you for letting us know!

Anyone still having issues getting your application "completed?" I've been waiting on a transcript to be processed for 3 weeks. I know that it was delivered and signed for at the office on 3/14 but the "date received" hasn't been updated and my application file status is still pending. I've been trying for days to get in contact with someone by calling, leaving messages, and emailing to no avail. At this point, I'm really discouraged and worried that my application won't get a chance to even get reviewed by the schools before all interviews are sent out. Anyone having similar issues?

@Roobz See you very soon! Can't wait to meet you all :)

To those interviewing at UCI:
Adding to what others mentioned- make sure you know your application very well. Know your strengths and weaknesses. The program is an academic enhancer, make sure you are ready to talk about courses you've struggled. Why underserved? Why you and medicine? Prepare by practicing in front of others, recording yourself if necessary, and avoid fidgeting. Make sure to look at your interviewers in the eye. If you are driving from a distance be there early than sorry. Dress professionally, and give it your best :)

P.S. UCSF has started sending out interviews. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone still having issues getting your application "completed?" I've been waiting on a transcript to be processed for 3 weeks. I know that it was delivered and signed for at the office on 3/14 but the "date received" hasn't been updated and my application file status is still pending. I've been trying for days to get in contact with someone by calling, leaving messages, and emailing to no avail. At this point, I'm really discouraged and worried that my application won't get a chance to even get reviewed by the schools before all interviews are sent out. Anyone having similar issues?
Hey! I too am in the same boat. I sent my transcript back in February and submitted my app on 3/15. My supporting docs were received on 3/15 and those are uploaded, yet my transcript is still not and my app is still 'pending'. I'm also fearing that I won't get an opportunity to interview before all invitations have been sent out. I've called all the numbers listed on UCD website at least 20 times EACH everyday for the past two weeks with no answer. ☹️ Not sure what to do at this point. I was really hoping to get into the UCD program but at this rate I'm not even sure they'll look at my app.

Hey! I too am in the same boat. I sent my transcript back in February and submitted my app on 3/15. My supporting docs were received on 3/15 and those are uploaded, yet my transcript is still not and my app is still 'pending'. I'm also fearing that I won't get an opportunity to interview before all invitations have been sent out. I've called all the numbers listed on UCD website at least 20 times EACH everyday for the past two weeks with no answer. ☹️ Not sure what to do at this point. I was really hoping to get into the UCD program but at this rate I'm not even sure they'll look at my app.

Don't lose hope yet! Like I said, my application was not marked complete until March 28th, which was only last week, and I thought I had absolutely no chance for UC Irvine, but I received an invite yesterday. It seems like Davis and SF still haven't send out any invitation yet so you both still have a very good chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope yet! Like I said, my application was not marked complete until March 28th, which was only last week, and I thought I had absolutely no chance for UC Irvine, but I received an invite yesterday. It seems like Davis and SF still haven't send out any invitation yet so you both still have a very good chance.

Cnn092, when you say your app wasn't complete until march 28th, does that mean any of your rec letters/transcripts/whatever was missing is marked "received 3/28"?

I had my last one marked received 3/22 even though it was sent long before 3/22, and still haven't heard anything from anyone (still holding hope on one of the 4) Was just curious because If supplemental materials were due 3/15 and were definitely postmarked by 3/15, I hope the consortium isn't erring in marking something as received late when they realistically received much sooner. However, if yours was marked 3/28 yet they still considered your app, that means they're doing things right.. just wanted some reassurance.

is it just me or is "received" such a misused term in this situation? they should change that to "processed on"..

Cnn092, when you say your app wasn't complete until march 28th, does that mean any of your rec letters/transcripts/whatever was missing is marked "received 3/28"?

I had my last one marked received 3/22 even though it was sent long before 3/22, and still haven't heard anything from anyone (still holding hope on one of the 4) Was just curious because If supplemental materials were due 3/15 and were definitely postmarked by 3/15, I hope the consortium isn't erring in marking something as received late when they realistically received much sooner. However, if yours was marked 3/28 yet they still considered your app, that means they're doing things right.. just wanted some reassurance.

is it just me or is "received" such a misused term in this situation? they should change that to "processed on"..

I sent my transcripts and letter of recs back in January. On the application, my letters of recs and transcripts were marked received on March 28th. Yeah, I definitely agree. It should have been processed on instead of received.

Anyone have an idea on the chances of getting accepted off a waitlist?

@jaiwjung @cnn092

Yes I received an invite for UCSF by email. Hopefully my interview goes to someone in this forum. I suspect UCSF and UCD will continue sending invites and more around mid April.

Last edited:
Finally got through to someone at UCD and the lady checked my app and said they're missing my transcripts. I sent them back on 2/18 and she said they never received them. So I don't even know what to do at this point. She said there's no guarantee that the schools will look at my app even if I was able to get the transcripts resent by this week. :-( She did let me know that she's still uploading documents today. So for some of you that are still waiting for materials to upload, be on the look out.

Does anyone know if this program provide a linkage to the medical school if you do well on it? I read through the program info but don't see anything regarding this.

Does anyone know if this program provide a linkage to the medical school if you do well on it? I read through the program info but don't see anything regarding this.

All the programs don't have any linkage to any medical school. I was told you are not guaranteed admission to any school, but they do have very good statistics in getting people into medical school. I know previous alumni who got into UC's med school after completion of the program.

Looks like they where busy uploading documents today, my last update of documents was 03/30/17, but they finally put in one of my missing transcripts today....so for those of you waiting to be complete might want to to check.

All the programs don't have any linkage to any medical school. I was told you are not guaranteed admission to any school, but they do have very good statistics in getting people into medical school. I know previous alumni who got into UC's med school after completion of the program.
So would you say an SMP is a better option?

Excuse my ignorance but what is an SMP?
A special masters program. There are a few schools that have them with linkages too like Drexel and Temple. Most of the SPM programs are 1 year to 2 years and when you finish the program you'll have a masters degree in some area. Like the one for University of Cincinnati, once completed you would have a masters in physiology.

So would you say an SMP is a better option?

It depends on what you need to do. If you need to boost your undergraduate GPA or science GPA, an SMP wouldn't help as it is considered graduate level study and would have its own separate GPA. A postbacc would be a better option, as those courses would be counted in your uGPA.

I have friends in SMPs that have done so because they had a decent uGPA and science GPA, but didn't get in when they first applied to medical school. SMPs are often seen as last ditch efforts, because aside from the fact that they are costly, if you don't do well it reflects poorly on your application.

Hello, y'all! I finished interviewing today and they told me that UCI is wrapping up with their interviewing process, and I should hear back from them by next week. I'm assuming they're done with interviewing by the end of this week since I remember when I was invited to interview, they only offered Thursday and Friday of this week. Just wanted to update y'all on where UCI is with their process.

UCI is done. They just sent an e-mail with "final status"

Is anyone still working on their application (re-applicant)? Wondering if there's still chances to apply now (since deadline is a month away) for re-applicants. Specifically for the UCD program. I tried to give them a call this week but seem like nobody picked up.

Sad news... UCI already sent out rejection letter this morning.

for those who got accepted to UCI, when do you need to accept your spot by? just curious.

Is anyone still working on their application (re-applicant)? Wondering if there's still chances to apply now (since deadline is a month away) for re-applicants. Specifically for the UCD program. I tried to give them a call this week but seem like nobody picked up.

I don't see why not, as long as you turn in all your supporting documents and application by the May 8th deadline. Someone on this forum who works for the consortium said that some programs will still have interviews from now until late May/early June. You still might have a good chance for Davis, SF, and Riverside. And I think from previous years Riverside might even interview in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why not, as long as you turn in all your supporting documents and application by the May 8th deadline. Someone on this forum who works for the consortium said that some programs will still have interviews from now until late May/early June. You still might have a good chance for Davis, SF, and Riverside. And I think from previous years Riverside might even interview in July.
Thank you! I wanted to make sure their rolling admission isn't similar to the med school ones (e.g. you shouldn't consider applying pass March).
Is anyone knowledgeable about the UC Post-Bacc program? Either someone who have went through the program, or someone who works there? I have some question to ask as a perspective re-applicant. I am particularly interested in the UCD program, but I am also open to all the other UC ones.

Just got an rejection email from UCI. Congratulations to those of you that got in and good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

What up cohort?!? Thanks so much for the interview help @Roobz and @TimeWizard ! It came in handy! Feel free to PM me if you're in SoCal and want to meet up before orientation! :) I wish the best of luck for everyone waiting, hang in there and stay positive, this is my second time applying after hearing nothing the first time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard from UCSF or Davis yet? I talked to the program coordinator at UCSF today and was told they already started the interviewing process and will continue from now until the last week of May. I couldn't get in touch with Davis though.

Does anyone know the start dates for all school programs?

Has anyone already interviewed at UCSF?

I think only one person on this forum has mentioned about getting an interview invite from UCSF, but has declined it since they got into Irvine. I talked to SF program coordinator yesterday and they said they already started their interviewing process and will continue until the last week of May.

Spoke to someone at UC Davis. They said that they already notified people for interview and will start interviewing next week.