UC COP Class of 2017

Started by dbarth101
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any updates on the alternate list movement. Last I heard from UC was on aug 2nd and they only made an offer to the first person on the list.
 
I believe it has still only been one student taken from the list. Does anyone know when the mandatory orientation is this year? From what i understand students who do have a spot have to make a decision by that time. I'm also curious as to when the bulk of students on the alternative list are usually taken off. I thought it was a little earlier in the summer but this year seems to be different.
 
I am number 3 on the wait list and after sending an email asking if this was normal to have only selected one person so close to the school year, I got this response,
"Yes because we make many offers before we create the alternate list so it is always possible to only admit 1 or 2 from the alternate list. At this time we do not expect to admit another student but if we have a cancellation we will admit up until 8/26."
 
I am number 3 on the wait list and after sending an email asking if this was normal to have only selected one person so close to the school year, I got this response,
"Yes because we make many offers before we create the alternate list so it is always possible to only admit 1 or 2 from the alternate list. At this time we do not expect to admit another student but if we have a cancellation we will admit up until 8/26."

I highly am in doubt if there's any more cancellation by this time.. lol Who would cancel their acceptance less than 2 weeks from beginning of P1. =(