UC Davis c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh! I did not know that! I may give up my OOS seat. It's a very hard decision for me either way, I'm having a stomachache recently trying to decide.

Lol I feel you I’ve had constant anxiety watching the waitlist. And if I get into RVC which is my second choice or off the waitlist I have two totally different outlooks for the next 4 years of my life

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone here is still deciding between Davis and another school? I’m currently number 3 on the waitlist and was just wondering what my realistic chance of getting off of it is? Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on being number three! May I ask where you began on the waitlist?

Is anyone on here not accepted or declined their seat yet. Im trying to calculate my chances of coming off the waitlist so far its moving similar to most year where about 30 people come off the list but I keep feeling like im going to end up at position #1 and then never come off the waitlist !! Also who all is on the waitlist here ? This thread has been kinda dead for a while lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone on here not accepted or declined their seat yet. Im trying to calculate my chances of coming off the waitlist so far its moving similar to most year where about 30 people come off the list but I keep feeling like im going to end up at position #1 and then never come off the waitlist !! Also who all is on the waitlist here ? This thread has been kinda dead for a while lol
I’m also on the waitlist, number 9 currently. I check the portal at least three times a day to see if there’s any movement, which is probably not great for my sanity but I’m praying that I can get in!!

I’m also on the waitlist, number 9 currently. I check the portal at least three times a day to see if there’s any movement, which is probably not great for my sanity but I’m praying that I can get in!!
Same! I check the portal multiple times a day 😂😂😂 Davis is my in-state school so getting in will save me a lot of money

Same! I check the portal multiple times a day Davis is my in-state school so getting in will save me a lot of money

Omg me too I’m #15 on the waitlist I check the portal about 20 times a day !! It’s my instate too so basically my only chance of not graduating with $300,000 in debt

Omg me too I’m #15 on the waitlist I check the portal about 20 times a day !! It’s my instate too so basically my only chance of not graduating with $300,000 in debt
Ugh I'm number 16 right now and can't stop refreshing the page! I'm glad there's at least been a little movement. It seems like it didn't move very much at all last year.

Ugh I'm number 16 right now and can't stop refreshing the page! I'm glad there's at least been a little movement. It seems like it didn't move very much at all last year.

Ya last year they over accepted and only 5 people came off the waitlist but the waitlist that year didn’t move one spot until late March after 120 people had accepted their seat so it’s looking good for us so far

Does anyone know how they notify people who are pulled off the waitlist?

Is anyone still deciding on wether or not to accept their seat ? Or has anyone who isn’t going to attend not submitted their denial yet? Lol I’m anxious and having difficulty being patient

Is anyone still deciding on wether or not to accept their seat ? Or has anyone who isn’t going to attend not submitted their denial yet? Lol I’m anxious and having difficulty being patient
The wait is killing me 😭😭😭

Hey there, can someone help me with info in this recent "important updates" email...What is "DVM return to aid grant"? Does it really mean everybody is guaranteed to receive $7700 per year in grant, not loan, on top of other possible scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, can someone help me with info in this recent "important updates" email...What is "DVM return to aid grant"? Does it really mean everybody is guaranteed to receive $7700 per year in grant, not loan, on top of other possible scholarships?
Yepp! Basically they have a certain amount that they disperse equally amongst all students. It could vary year to year, I think last year it was $7100. But it is just a grant from the SVM that is deducted from the total tuition (i.e. if tuition is $31,000 for the year, the grant is applied and it ends up only being $24,000 total for the year). It is not a loan you have to pay back or a scholarship you have to apply for. One of their goals is to basically cover almost an entire years worth of tuition by the end of your 4 years through this grant (assuming funds are available each year).

• Love
Just got pulled off of the waitlist!! Wishing the best of luck to everyone else waiting 🤞

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where we can buy apparel? Theres not much on the website

Does anyone know where we can buy apparel? Theres not much on the website
i went to davis when acceptances came out and they only had like four items in the store. i asked the lady working and she said they are changing stuff since the logo is changing, and with the changes comes wayyyy less apparel for grad schools. each grad school only gets like four items each and they are all identical, just changing the college name. i’m going to order some custom stuff off etsy / make stuff with my cricut!

Lol did anyone else on the waitlist cry themselves to sleep last night from stress cuz same.

I'm #2 on the waitlist rn and the stress is real, I keep checking every 10 min :O

Do you guys know if people have until 12 tonight to decide or is it through tomorrow?

Welp I guess that's it for me then :( I'm currently #7 with only 6 spots left. Good luck to the rest of you on the waitlist :)

Currently number 2 on the waitlist with 5 remaining seats... my stomach is in KNOTS

Currently number three and I think am going to have a good cry session with my cat right now

Does anyone know if we automatically get pulled from the waitlist after midnight if the remaining people don’t give a response? Or do we have to wait for the morning during business hours ? Like what’s the procedure ?

Does anyone know if we automatically get pulled from the waitlist after midnight if the remaining people don’t give a response? Or do we have to wait for the morning during business hours ? Like what’s the procedure ?
I have no clue. I would hope we automatically get pulled off but my only shot at this point is if nobody else accepts so hope is running low

I have no clue. I would hope we automatically get pulled off but my only shot at this point is if nobody else accepts so hope is running low
technically there is one extra seat right because they said they were going to take 150!

technically there is one extra seat right because they said they were going to take 150!
I was kind of thinking that maybe that spot was saved for somebody that deferred or something but that would be awesome!! I hope they're actually taking 150!

We're getting closer time wise!

Omg I literally dying it says I have a message in my portal but the portal says there is an error when I try to load it !!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH

Me too!! What do we do??
Were you guys able to get in? My portal seems to be working again

Also if you don't mind me asking, how long do they give you when you get off the waitlist to make your decision? I'm number 1 right now and am really hoping for a miracle lol

Were you guys able to get in? My portal seems to be working again

Also if you don't mind me asking, how long do they give you when you get off the waitlist to make your decision? I'm number 1 right now and am really hoping for a miracle lol
I believe they give you 24hrs! I got my acceptance midday on the 15th and they gave me until 16th at 11:59pm to decide.

I got 24 hours but I already accepted my seat !!! I was freaking out when the portal was broken and my whole family was like wow they really doing you dirty!!!! Its okay though because I'm IN!!!! I really hope that everyone else behind me somehow gets in because honestly I feel for you !!! Just know that we always end up exactly where we need to be and everything happens for a reason. I truly feel guilty because I feel like you guys deserved an acceptance after this terrible and emotional wait. But I am still hoping for you guys :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got 24 hours but I already accepted my seat !!! I was freaking out when the portal was broken and my whole family was like wow they really doing you dirty!!!! Its okay though because I'm IN!!!! I really hope that everyone else behind me somehow gets in because honestly I feel for you !!! Just know that we always end up exactly where we need to be and everything happens for a reason. I truly feel guilty because I feel like you guys deserved an acceptance after this terrible and emotional wait. But I am still hoping for you guys :)
yay congrats!!!! Cant wait to meet you in august!

Congrats!! I'm glad you were able to get off the waitlist as well, see you in August!

I’m curious to know if there is any movement on the waitlist after yesterday when I was literally the last person to be pulled off the waitlist because then I can make the joke that I was the last choice for class of 2025

How are you waitlist folks able to tell how many seats are left? I interviewed on April 5th and haven't heard of anyone hearing back since interview day 3/22 🥺

How are you waitlist folks able to tell how many seats are left? I interviewed on April 5th and haven't heard of anyone hearing back since interview day 3/22 🥺
I think you are on the wrong thread! This is the UC Davis vet school thread :)

• Haha
How are you waitlist folks able to tell how many seats are left? I interviewed on April 5th and haven't heard of anyone hearing back since interview day 3/22

I think you are on the wrong forum this is for vet med

• Haha
Oh my gosh! Haha that's so funny 😂
Thanks guys!

Anyone recently coming off the waitlist know how or when we can view financial aid?

Anyone recently coming off the waitlist know how or when we can view financial aid?

There are a few steps where we have to register accounts and stuff but basically it looks like a lot of entering information I’m assuming it will be a few weeks before everything goes through.

I have two very random questions: 1) are their doggy daycare places in Davis? 2) are their any horse riding courses in town or close to Davis? Haha, thanks for any input!

I have two very random questions: 1) are their doggy daycare places in Davis? 2) are their any horse riding courses in town or close to Davis? Haha, thanks for any input!

Im not as familiar with doggy day care places since we have been home a lot for this year, but you can bring your dogs to campus with you! Each class has a homeroom where you can keep your dogs (assuming they are vaccinated and well behaved) while you are in lecture/lab. The process for that will be set up by the class presidents in the fall.

For horseback riding sessions, I know that there are courses through the school for different experience levels and a handful of my friends are currently doing them and were able to apply for a tuition waiver so it didn't cost them anything. Horseback Riding Lessons There are also loads of barns in the nearby area where you can do lessons. I would recommend posting these questions on the FB page if you are on it because a lot of current students will be on there ready to provide their insight!

Im not as familiar with doggy day care places since we have been home a lot for this year, but you can bring your dogs to campus with you! Each class has a homeroom where you can keep your dogs (assuming they are vaccinated and well behaved) while you are in lecture/lab. The process for that will be set up by the class presidents in the fall.

For horseback riding sessions, I know that there are courses through the school for different experience levels and a handful of my friends are currently doing them and were able to apply for a tuition waiver so it didn't cost them anything. Horseback Riding Lessons There are also loads of barns in the nearby area where you can do lessons. I would recommend posting these questions on the FB page if you are on it because a lot of current students will be on there ready to provide their insight!
Thank you for the info! Free horseback riding lessons sound GRRRRRREAT!

As for doggy daycare, I was asking because I'm planning to work part-time in an ER in Sacramento that belongs to the same chain as the hospital I currently work in (also not sure whether that's a good idea - it probably pays more than to work in VTH, but not sure if networking opportunities would be remotely comparable, and I'm also interest in research too and may end up with little time for it). Either way, if I need to work long shifts at night, I need a place or sitter for my two dogs. Right now I'm planning to rent alone - again, two dogs - so I won't have a roommate to help out on that.

Thank you for the info! Free horseback riding lessons sound GRRRRRREAT!

As for doggy daycare, I was asking because I'm planning to work part-time in an ER in Sacramento that belongs to the same chain as the hospital I currently work in (also not sure whether that's a good idea - it probably pays more than to work in VTH, but not sure if networking opportunities would be remotely comparable, and I'm also interest in research too and may end up with little time for it). Either way, if I need to work long shifts at night, I need a place or sitter for my two dogs. Right now I'm planning to rent alone - again, two dogs - so I won't have a roommate to help out on that.
Oh I see! Well there isn't an official plan set up yet but I guess there previously was a "pet sitting program" among vet students where people could post if they needed someone to watch their pets and another student could offer to do it. We have been talking about getting that figured out & set up again, so stay tuned.

• Love