-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis c/o 2025
Started by Eragon8192
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 What's the price to expect for a one/two bedroom, large dog friendly (not aggressive breed, just...big), less than 2 mile from school and VTH apartment? Ideally with a leasing company, not with individual landlords.does anyone know the best place to look for living? trying to not be right next to campus but i know we need to be close.. any current students live right outside davis?
And this may sound random but it's quite important to my boy: is there any off-leash dog park close to the school area?
Once your portals update you guys should all get access to the FB page and typically there will be a housing spreadsheet that's posted there where you can put in what you are looking for & current students will put in places they are moving out of as well as filling rooms in houses & apartments. Its really great! I would say that craigslist, zillow/trulia/rental websites, as well as the housing spreadsheet are good starts. You can also search for apartments in Davis through google and some of the bigger complexes/companies will come up. Its kind of variable whether or not they allow dogs so you kind of have to search around. Over the next couple months, more and more things will start popping up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS First Time Applicant:Do you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
Cumulative GPA: 4.0
GRE: (V) 67%, (Q) 85%, W (92%)
3 LORs: 1 from owner of practice that I worked at, 1 from veterinarian and professor, 1 from a Spanish professor
B.S. in Animal Science, minor in Spanish
Plenty of people live in woodland or dixon. Most of us rent houses with other vet students because we usually have pets and honestly apartments suck and are way more expensive. I've had really good experiences with just landlords as opposed to the companies that refuse to fix things or try to steal security deposits.does anyone know the best place to look for living? trying to not be right next to campus but i know we need to be close.. any current students live right outside davis?
Has anyone else’s portal not updated? I’m nervous they called me by accident yesterday 😩
mine hasn't yet either! i'm feeling the same way 😅Has anyone else’s portal not updated? I’m nervous they called me by accident yesterday 😩
Has anyone else’s portal not updated? I’m nervous they called me by accident yesterday 😩
Omg LOL i've been thinking this all weekend being in denial about the call😂 I hope it's updated soon!
omgletmeintakemymoney
New Member
I even asked if they were sure they got the right number /person when I talked to them on the phone. But Iv been thinking it’s just a mistake ever since.Has anyone else’s portal not updated? I’m nervous they called me by accident yesterday 😩
omgletmeintakemymoney
New Member
My portal also updated
omgletmeintakemymoney
New Member
Does anyone know if accepting earlier will influence financial aid offers?
It’s updated with rankinganyone's portal updated yet with waitlist ranking?
It will not.Does anyone know if accepting earlier will influence financial aid offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omgletmeintakemymoney
New Member
Thank you. I didn’t think it shouldIt will not.
UPDATE: okay, I guess I just missed out on the human-delivered acceptance. Just checked my portal - IS Admit!Um I got 4 missed calls from a number in Davis (530 area code). It was at 7:46am Sat (I’m temporarily in Taiwan), which is 3:46pm Fri PDT.. AND my phone has blocked VM access 😫
(It's now 4:51pm PDT. I called back the number listed on my missed call list (530-752-xxxx) but got to voicemail... omg I'm going to have to wait the whole weekend now)
My stats -
Cumulative: 3.34
Last 45: 3.92
Science: 3.75
GRE: Q 163 (85%), (V/W: forgot , haha)
LOR: 1 vet, 1 ochem 1&2 professor, 1 previous employer
Good luck to those on the waitlist, and good luck to everyone in the process because we WILL see and work with each other one day in the field!
It does notDoes anyone know if accepting earlier will influence financial aid offers?
Hey for everyone that got accepted when did you take your casper ? And how did you prepare for it? I would really a appreciate you feedback 🙂
They offered 2 dates and I chose the latter one (1/12). My suggestion would be to find all the free examples online and practice typing answers until you can consistently answers all 3 questions before time is up! My biggest issue was I kept having only ~30-60 seconds to answer the last question so it was always just a random mishmash of word vomit haha.Hey for everyone that got accepted when did you take your casper ? And how did you prepare for it? I would really a appreciate you feedback 🙂
omgletmeintakemymoney
New Member
I took it 1/12. I watched all the YouTube videos and ended up trying to follow the method mentioned above. I also tried to add something “out of the box” that was somehow related to my life. I ended up talking a lot about my kids somehow. I was also paranoid of getting marked down for having rehearsed answers. I did watch a lot of MMI prep YouTube videos and pre wrote out the top 10 most common questions. What I also did to prep was I took the full length practice test a couple days in a row before the tea test. My biggest issue is anxiety and trying to reduce the wasted time due the panic brain freeze. Having a go to start helped like “we need more information before addressing the problem of ____. Asking for guidance from____.” Was what I wrote to start the ideas.Hey for everyone that got accepted when did you take your casper ? And how did you prepare for it? I would really a appreciate you feedback 🙂
maizie1213
New Member
IS acceptance from the waitlist! I’m so excited, Davis is my dream school!! Looking forward to meeting all of you! 

I fully agree with preparing upfront a few things, if only to calm the nerves, since just the anxiety from the crazy-fast pace might knock out a few seconds from you! Good things to prepare are: 1. a few personal experiences that you can speak to quickly, so you can focus on answering the question instead of coming up with examples from scratch while watching the timer, 2. a basic 'format' so that if nothing brilliant comes to mind once you watch/read the scenario, you have a format to follow asap, 3. A mental list of key attributes that are important, like: empathy, nonjudgment, fairness, legality, etc., so you can quickly evaluate what the scenario is looking for.I took it 1/12. I watched all the YouTube videos and ended up trying to follow the method mentioned above. I also tried to add something “out of the box” that was somehow related to my life. I ended up talking a lot about my kids somehow. I was also paranoid of getting marked down for having rehearsed answers. I did watch a lot of MMI prep YouTube videos and pre wrote out the top 10 most common questions. What I also did to prep was I took the full length practice test a couple days in a row before the tea test. My biggest issue is anxiety and trying to reduce the wasted time due the panic brain freeze. Having a go to start helped like “we need more information before addressing the problem of ____. Asking for guidance from____.” Was what I wrote to start the ideas.
I have a lot of problems with the CASPer, and I feel like the above is a large reason why. I just can't imagine how this test, in this format, can seek out the authentic, empathetic leaders from the well prepared robot. Ya know?? 🙁
Good luck!
Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! 😍
Davis is my top choice for C/O 2026. I'm an IS applicant and would really appreciate it if those of you who were accepted IS would let me know your stats (if you're comfortable sharing, of course)! Please feel free to PM me!
Thank you and congrats again!
Davis is my top choice for C/O 2026. I'm an IS applicant and would really appreciate it if those of you who were accepted IS would let me know your stats (if you're comfortable sharing, of course)! Please feel free to PM me!
Thank you and congrats again!
You can find their stats for entrants on their webpage from each year as well if that helps.Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! 😍
Davis is my top choice for C/O 2026. I'm an IS applicant and would really appreciate it if those of you who were accepted IS would let me know your stats (if you're comfortable sharing, of course)! Please feel free to PM me!
Thank you and congrats again!
Application Statistics - Class of 2024
Application Statistics - Class of 2024 Applicant Pool Summary: Residency *Applied Offered Admission Accepted offer Gender Applied Accepted California Residents 510 128 126 Female
Thank you! Just curious if this wild pandemic year and the increase in apps had much of an effect on DavisYou can find their stats for entrants on their webpage from each year as well if that helps.
Application Statistics - Class of 2024
Application Statistics - Class of 2024 Applicant Pool Summary: Residency *Applied Offered Admission Accepted offer Gender Applied Accepted California Residents 510 128 126 Femalewww.vetmed.ucdavis.edu
Hey guys if any of you all know anything about the waitlist and how it moves please let me know Im currently #21 (started at 25) and anxiously refreshing and trying to determine what my chances are. Davis is my in sate and the only school I can really afford so I am just a bundle of anxiety about this whole ordeal. I am not looking forward to the tough decisions I may be facing if I don't get in. ;(
honeybooboobear
Full Member
I imagine it will move more around March-April as people hear back from other schools? I'm on the waitlist too and I'm surprised it's been inching slowly these past days; I assumed it would be stagnant until later. I emailed about something related and Brandy McCall mentioned that people stay on the waitlist until summer because some people occasionally decline past the April 15th deadline.Hey guys if any of you all know anything about the waitlist and how it moves please let me know Im currently #21 (started at 25) and anxiously refreshing and trying to determine what my chances are. Davis is my in sate and the only school I can really afford so I am just a bundle of anxiety about this whole ordeal. I am not looking forward to the tough decisions I may be facing if I don't get in. ;(
I'm in your same boat! Davis would be a lot cheaper for me but if I don't get in this time I would have to go to out of state. For reasons I don't really want to get into, I won't be able to try to apply again to Davis next cycle, but maybe you can try to apply next cycle?
From checking the past several years of applicant stats on their website, I would say it ranges from approximately 10-40 people getting of the waitlist. For the past 5 years, on average it looks like about 25 people get off the waitlist (I calculated this myself so it may be off if they over accept initially past the 150 seats). So, it really depends on the year but I think you’re in a good spot!Hey guys if any of you all know anything about the waitlist and how it moves please let me know Im currently #21 (started at 25) and anxiously refreshing and trying to determine what my chances are. Davis is my in sate and the only school I can really afford so I am just a bundle of anxiety about this whole ordeal. I am not looking forward to the tough decisions I may be facing if I don't get in. ;(
Where were u able to find the past 5 years worth of stats? Also Ik that they accept exactly 150 they don’t over accept students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Class statistics for the class of 2025 should be posted to the UC Davis SVM website (hopefully) sometime this Spring. This is a great recourse to use to get a good idea of what the class looks like as a whole. It should also provide some information in individual applicants that were at the upper and lower bounds of certain important metrics (Science GPA, last GPA, and GRE(Q) scores). While it's never a bad thing to get individual statistic information, I think you will be able to evaluate your application in a more comprehensive manner when comparing your stats against the average stats of the incoming student body.Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! 😍
Davis is my top choice for C/O 2026. I'm an IS applicant and would really appreciate it if those of you who were accepted IS would let me know your stats (if you're comfortable sharing, of course)! Please feel free to PM me!
Thank you and congrats again!
If you google them they still show up even if it’s not one of the two most recent years that they visibly link on their website, if that makes sense.Where were u able to find the past 5 years worth of stats? Also Ik that they accept exactly 150 they don’t over accept students.
maizie1213
New Member
Yep! There’s a link to it in the “Admissions Welcome” section of the portal. Then you just have to request to join. It took a couple of days for me.Hi! Is anyone in the UC Davis c/o2025 facebook group? (If there is one)
Thank you so much!!Yep! There’s a link to it in the “Admissions Welcome” section of the portal. Then you just have to request to join. It took a couple of days for me.
patriots12.97
New Member
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could speak on the deferral options for UCDSVM?
Does anybody know if Davis has any requirement on computer? Another laptop of mine suffered an untimely death (laptop on top of a steaming coffee maker - bad idea). I'm planning to buy a cheap ass laptop cs I do not anticipate doing data analysis, graphic processing, or gaming with it. Unless there's some requirement from the school.
If you log in to your portal there should be a little section at the bottom left that says “Computer Information”, right under “White Coat Ceremony”, hope this helps!!Does anybody know if Davis has any requirement on computer? Another laptop of mine suffered an untimely death (laptop on top of a steaming coffee maker - bad idea). I'm planning to buy a cheap ass laptop cs I do not anticipate doing data analysis, graphic processing, or gaming with it. Unless there's some requirement from the school.
Last edited:
pittieperson
c/o 2025
could any current students talk about what their daily schedule is like? like how are lectures, labs, ect broken up in the day? and I understand that davis does block classes, but is it problem based learning or more like just focusing on 1 topic at a time? thanks!
Hey! So currently the schedule changes based on the day, but you can usually count to be in lectures from 9am till 3pm (with an hour lunch break 12-1pm). With this semester we have had an increase in the number of labs so far. Those are scheduled based on groups that you are assigned to. For example, if the school sets aside time from 8am-12pm for labs for the entire class, but your group is scheduled from 8am-9am, then you get the remainder of the time to use as you choose (be it studying, sleeping, mental wellness, what-have-you).
As far as the blocks go, it is more about focusing on 1 topic at a time. For musculoskeletal (which we are wrapping up soon), we go over everything pertaining to the musculoskeletal system including pathology, radiology, anatomy, normal cellular function, pharmacology, etc.
As far as the blocks go, it is more about focusing on 1 topic at a time. For musculoskeletal (which we are wrapping up soon), we go over everything pertaining to the musculoskeletal system including pathology, radiology, anatomy, normal cellular function, pharmacology, etc.
pittieperson
c/o 2025
thanks!Hey! So currently the schedule changes based on the day, but you can usually count to be in lectures from 9am till 3pm (with an hour lunch break 12-1pm). With this semester we have had an increase in the number of labs so far. Those are scheduled based on groups that you are assigned to. For example, if the school sets aside time from 8am-12pm for labs for the entire class, but your group is scheduled from 8am-9am, then you get the remainder of the time to use as you choose (be it studying, sleeping, mental wellness, what-have-you).
As far as the blocks go, it is more about focusing on 1 topic at a time. For musculoskeletal (which we are wrapping up soon), we go over everything pertaining to the musculoskeletal system including pathology, radiology, anatomy, normal cellular function, pharmacology, etc.
Does anybody know when houses start to be available to rent? I’ve been looking on trulia/Zillow but nothing looks too promising.
Facebook pageDoes anybody know when houses start to be available to rent? I’ve been looking on trulia/Zillow but nothing looks too promising.
PropaneAccessories
New Member
Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone here is still deciding between Davis and another school? I’m currently number 3 on the waitlist and was just wondering what my realistic chance of getting off of it is? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you IS or OOS?Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone here is still deciding between Davis and another school? I’m currently number 3 on the waitlist and was just wondering what my realistic chance of getting off of it is? Thanks in advance!
Are you IS or OOS?
The waitlist is all the same they don’t differentiate.
Oh! I did not know that! I may give up my OOS seat. It's a very hard decision for me either way, I'm having a stomachache recently trying to decide.The waitlist is all the same they don’t differentiate.
Oh! I did not know that! I may give up my OOS seat. It's a very hard decision for me either way, I'm having a stomachache recently trying to decide.
Lol I feel you I’ve had constant anxiety watching the waitlist. And if I get into RVC which is my second choice or off the waitlist I have two totally different outlooks for the next 4 years of my life [emoji24]
lbdairygirl
New Member
Congratulations on being number three! May I ask where you began on the waitlist?Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone here is still deciding between Davis and another school? I’m currently number 3 on the waitlist and was just wondering what my realistic chance of getting off of it is? Thanks in advance!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 324
- Views
- 111K