-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis c/o 2025
Started by Eragon8192
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope today is the day! I don't know if I can wait all weekend
Omg i missed a call from a 530 area code should i call back?????
for sure. i picked up thinking it was my doctors office 🙈 bahahahaOmg i missed a call from a 530 area code should i call back?????
Will they try calling a second time if it's someone from Davis?
IS Acceptance!! Wow!!
cheeselover99
New Member
Are acceptances coming out today or Sunday? I thought it was Sunday? Please let me know!Is anyone else going crazy refreshing their email???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the number back!Will they try calling a second time if it's someone from Davis?
cheeselover99
New Member
Are acceptances coming out today?Someone said it would happen at 5pm PT? Not sure how they know that, but I am gonna check in later. Who wants to bet they don't even get back to us today? 😳🤣😳
I got a missed call too and called back but they didn't answer! Should I wait it out? :OI called the number back!
Yes official letters are out this Sunday as I was toldAre acceptances coming out today or Sunday? I thought it was Sunday? Please let me know!
cheeselover99
New Member
Is everyone who got accepted getting a call today?
Dedemcdudu
New Member
Is the calling over?
Um I got 4 missed calls from a number in Davis (530 area code). It was at 7:46am Sat (I’m temporarily in Taiwan), which is 3:46pm Fri PDT.. AND my phone has blocked VM access 😫
(It's now 4:51pm PDT. I called back the number listed on my missed call list (530-752-xxxx) but got to voicemail... omg I'm going to have to wait the whole weekend now)
(It's now 4:51pm PDT. I called back the number listed on my missed call list (530-752-xxxx) but got to voicemail... omg I'm going to have to wait the whole weekend now)
Last edited:
All of y'all are amazing. Every person in this group is a freaking star and is going to be a freaking great vet. Regardless of whether you get that acceptance from Davis, or some other opportunity, just know that your value as a person, student, and vet is not determined by a board of admissions people who only have a limited number of spots to fill. You have made it this far, which means you are already in the top 1%.
I know the next few days might be really hard for some of you. Please take care of yourself and find joy in places beyond this random admissions game. It isn't over: there is always the waitlist and plenty of other opportunities that will come to you.
I know the next few days might be really hard for some of you. Please take care of yourself and find joy in places beyond this random admissions game. It isn't over: there is always the waitlist and plenty of other opportunities that will come to you.
If you received an acceptance call today your portal will be updated by this Sunday with your official offer of admission.Um I got 4 missed calls from a number in Davis (530 area code). It was at 7:46am Sat (I’m temporarily in Taiwan), which is 3:46pm Fri PDT.. AND my phone has blocked VM access 😫
(It's now 4:51pm PDT. I called back the number listed on my missed call list (530-752-4381) but got a voicemail... omg I'm going to have to wait the whole weekend now)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t believe they call people on the waitlist, so it’s possible that if you don’t get a call today you are on the waitlist! I know from current students that people do get off the waitlist very often but it depends on the year how much it moves.
If you did not receive a phone call today it could mean that you were either not accepted this cycle or you you were placed on the waitlist.so I guess no call means rejection? they're not going to send an email or update portals for people who didn't get a call?
Dedemcdudu
New Member
Do they call International applicants as well?If you did not receive a phone call today it could mean that you were either not accepted this cycle or you you were placed on the waitlist.
As far as I know if you provided a US phone number that you could be contacted at and you were accepted, you would have received a phone call today. If you provided an international number you may need to wait until Sunday for your portal to be updated.Do they call International applicants as well?
Dedemcdudu
New Member
Thank you for the reply!As far as I know if you provided a US phone number that you could be contacted at and you were accepted, you would have received a phone call today. If you provided an international number you may need to wait until Sunday for your portal to be updated.
If you did not receive a call today it could mean that you were either not admitted or placed on the waitlist. Everyone's portals, regardless of their admissions decision, will see an update to their portal in the next couple of days.so I guess no call means rejection? they're not going to send an email or update portals for people who didn't get a call?
Congratulations to those of you who got the call! This is very exciting. To those who didn't receive a call, try to keep your head up! There's a possibility you're waitliated with a decent chance of admittance or you could still be accepted somewhere else. Congrats again everyone! It'll all be worth it soon!
I just want to say that, for months, I have been thinking about HOW FREAKIN CUTE that dog in your photo is. Please give that pupper a cuddle from me.IS acceptance! I called back when I missed the call and they called back right away. I was at my clinic and got the call back in front of my longest-time vet mentor who I’ve known since I was 15 so that was a cool moment. So excited for all you to be my classmates!
I am an international applicant and I got a call today. But I use US phone number.Do they call International applicants as well?
IS acceptance at 3:14 pm yesterday!! i am still in shock. i never thought this would be possible for me!!! so grateful after two years of denials and waitlists. it is worth it when you get the one YES, keep on working if this wasn’t your year!!!
Futuredogtorem
New Member
Do you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
IS first time applicantDo you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
last 45 gpa 3.92
science gpa 4.0
gre 67%(Q)/64%(V)/92%(AW)
3 letters of rec- practice owner DVM, research mentor/professor, shelter volunteer coordinator
I might also be posting on the successful applicants thread at some point if you want more details
IS 1st time applicant from UCDDo you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
Cumulative: 3.76
Last 45: 3.86
Science: 3.56
GRE: (Q) 66%, (V) 76%, (W) 93%
3 LOR - 2 vets (one practicing, one prof), 1 Lecturer (who I worked with abroad & davis)
~400 vet/animal combined hours
B.S. in Evolution, Ecology, Biodiversity
B.A. in Italian Language and Lit
Minor in English
Extensive community service
Published researcher
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck! 🙂Do you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
IS first time applicant
Cumulative: 3.73
Last 45: 3.89
Overall science: 3.70
GRE: (V) 67%, (Q) 62%, (W) 92%
3 LORs: 1 from vet I worked with, 2 from professors (physics & writing)
B.S. in cell, molecular, developmental biology
Feel free to PM me with any other info you may wanna know too!
IS 1st time applicantDo you guys mind sharing your stats! I’m applying for the next cycle 💓
Cummulative: 3.52
Science: 3.62
Last 45: 3.89
GRE: 49% (Q)/ 28% (V)/ 80% (W)
3 LORs: practice owner DVM, the second from my professor/advisor/employer, the third from my current employer
~2,500 vet hours (small), ~3,000 animal hours (large), 80 exotic/zoo vet hours, ~60 research hours
I will be graduating this year with a B.S. in Animal Science with a minor in Leadership
Extremely involved with clubs (held multiple leadership positions)
Current student manager at my school's dairy (AI certified)
TA for multiple classes
If you have any questions feel free to reach out! Also it's important to remember to not compare yourself to others, I did and it caused me way too much stress and anxiety. Just believe in yourself and know that you will be a vet some day!
Last edited:
Has anyone's portal updated yet with acceptance information?
IS first time applicant
Cumulative: 3.75
Last 45: 3.95
Overall science: 3.74
GRE: (V) 82%, (Q) 75%, (W) 92%
3 LORs: 2 from vets I worked with, 1 from professors (chemistry)
B.A. Psychology
IS first time applicant
Cumulative: 3.75
Last 45: 3.95
Overall science: 3.74
GRE: (V) 82%, (Q) 75%, (W) 92%
3 LORs: 2 from vets I worked with, 1 from professors (chemistry)
B.A. Psychology
It should be updated tomorrow!Has anyone's portal updated yet with acceptance information?
IS first time applicant
Cumulative: 3.75
Last 45: 3.95
Overall science: 3.74
GRE: (V) 82%, (Q) 75%, (W) 92%
3 LORs: 2 from vets I worked with, 1 from professors (chemistry)
B.A. Psychology
hailauren
UC Davis c/o 2025
IS first time applicant
B.S. in genetics and genomics, minor in music, minor in ecology
Cumulative: 3.86
Science: 3.86
Last 45: 3.98
GRE: 99% V, 89% Q, 99% AW
LORs from: vet/mentor I have worked with since high school at both clinic and rescue, professor I worked with in a TA-type position and also in a marine animal care job, bio professor who I took a couple classes with and am just kinda friends with (we’ve worked on some science hobby stuff together).
I had 2000+ vet hours, research, etc, but Davis doesn’t look at any of that for most applicants.
B.S. in genetics and genomics, minor in music, minor in ecology
Cumulative: 3.86
Science: 3.86
Last 45: 3.98
GRE: 99% V, 89% Q, 99% AW
LORs from: vet/mentor I have worked with since high school at both clinic and rescue, professor I worked with in a TA-type position and also in a marine animal care job, bio professor who I took a couple classes with and am just kinda friends with (we’ve worked on some science hobby stuff together).
I had 2000+ vet hours, research, etc, but Davis doesn’t look at any of that for most applicants.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 324
- Views
- 111K