UC Davis c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cami194

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of these yet. First time OOS applicant.

Anyone else working on their supplementary app?

Members don't see this ad.

First time IS! I have been working on my supp app, I want to get it done asap

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am kinda stuck on what to write about for my supplemental essay. I didn't do clubs or anything as an undergraduate. Can anyone let me know the gist of their essay?

I am kinda stuck on what to write about for my supplemental essay. I didn't do clubs or anything as an undergraduate. Can anyone let me know the gist of their essay?

I also had a hard time starting because I felt like the prompt was hinting at participation in student organizations, but I ended up talking about contributing to my campus community generally and the development of soft skills that enabled me to work well with many types of people, etc.

Message has been sent to the portal. Davis is giving their interview announcements earlier than last year. I'm stressedddd

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone else notified about holistic review? Not sure if this means I'm being considered for the holistic pool but omg my heart was POUNDING!!

Reactions: 2 users
Was anyone else notified about holistic review? Not sure if this means I'm being considered for the holistic pool but omg my heart was POUNDING!!
Was it a separate email than the portal update!?

Was it a separate email than the portal update!?
My portal update let me know that admissions is conducting holistic reviews right now and to be on a lookout for an interview invite (or not) this week, did you receive something different?

My portal update let me know that admissions is conducting holistic reviews right now and to be on a lookout for an interview invite (or not) this week, did you receive something different?
Nope same thing. I jumped to November 9th and completely bypassed that part of the email. Oops

Nope same thing. I jumped to November 9th and completely bypassed that part of the email. Oops
So have they notified the initial pool of interviews yet? Or they're letting everyone know on the same day? Just want to know where we stand 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
So have they notified the initial pool of interviews yet? Or they're letting everyone know on the same day? Just want to know where we stand 😅
I am also wondering the exact same thing

So does that mean they arent doing half top applications and the other half holistic review for interviews? Instead its all holistic review for interviews?

Based off their website and how they ranked everyone last year, every application is ranked by 3 things (1)GPA (last 45 semester/68 quarter units and cumulative science) (2) GRE score (3) combined composite LOR Score. The first 180 (resident and non resident) from that currated list get invited for interviews. Then the following 180 (only CA resident applications) get reviewed holistically which then only 60 get invided to interview. Everyone got notified on the same day not matter interviewed/waitlisted/rejected

Based off their website and how they ranked everyone last year, every application is ranked by 3 things (1)GPA (last 45 semester/68 quarter units and cumulative science) (2) GRE score (3) combined composite LOR Score. The first 180 (resident and non resident) from that currated list get invited for interviews. Then the following 180 (only CA resident applications) get reviewed holistically which then only 60 get invided to interview. Everyone got notified on the same day not matter interviewed/waitlisted/rejected
Yes, but the email said they are doing holistic reviews to determine interviews. Thats why im wondering if they changed it up.

That just means that they are in the process of the holistic review of the California applicants that did not land in that automatic interview pile, and once the remaining applicants in that holistic review have been decided on for interviews they will send out invites. Davis typically notifies all applicants at the same time with either an interview invite or denial through the portal!

Messages were sent!!! I’m too scared to check

OOS interview offer!! Can't believe it!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejection. First rejection so far and no acceptances yet. Sorry everyone else who go the same news. Wishing you all luck on your other applications and congrats to everyone who did get an interview offer!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
IS Interview!! I'm screaming on my lunch break haha. I got straight up rejected last year, so I am HYPED! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Just want to confirm I did this right: for the interview, I clicked a schedule interview button but never received any confirmation email or anything. Since the period for scheduling the interview is closed there's no indication on the portal of the time that I scheduled. Is this the same for everyone?

Just checked my portal, I'm not seeing the page anymore either. They mentioned they're sending out the Kira registrations this week, maybe it will be on there?

Anyone get their Kira invite email yet? I was expecting it to follow the update message, but maybe it will come later in the week?

Still waiting.

Mad Nbc GIF by Manifest

Just got an email about Kira talent!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where you get the NDA you're supposed to sign and upload?

Does anyone know where you get the NDA you're supposed to sign and upload?
I'm not sure there is an NDA you upload, but part of the interview sign up had check a box that was essentially that.

I'm not sure there is an NDA you upload, but part of the interview sign up had check a box that was essentially that.
Yeah in the orientation video Brandy said that there were no supplementary documents as part of the Kira assessment (I assume since we agreed to the NDA thing on the Davis portal). I messaged her to confirm though since the incomplete "0 of 1 files uploaded" on the portal makes me nervous lol

Yeah in the orientation video Brandy said that there were no supplementary documents as part of the Kira assessment (I assume since we agreed to the NDA thing on the Davis portal). I messaged her to confirm though since the incomplete "0 of 1 files uploaded" on the portal makes me nervous lol
Yes, that's what I thought I heard from the video, I just wasn't sure because the Kira set-up thing isn't letting me continue without uploading something. 😅 And the "0 of 1 files uploaded" thing does make me nervous too haha

They fixed the KiraTalent checkin so that no supplementary documents need to be uploaded!! But now the “Schedule My Interview” page is back on the portal, does anyone know why that happened???

They fixed the KiraTalent checkin so that no supplementary documents need to be uploaded!! But now the “Schedule My Interview” page is back on the portal, does anyone know why that happened???
Ohh weird I hadn't noticed that. Maybe because of the time zone issue she mentioned in the recent message? It sounded like people were having trouble confirming their interview time on Kira. The only other reason I can think of is some people declined their interview invite and they had to open it back up for new invitees to sign up.

Im nervous lol but Best of luck on interviews today!!! And on interviews in all the other days lol, You all got this and made it hecka far 👍👍👍

Im nervous lol but Best of luck on interviews today!!! And on interviews in all the other days lol, You all got this and made it hecka far 👍👍👍

Nervous too! I've practiced a few sample questions to get a sense of how the timing feels - 7 mins seems kind of short to answer 3 questions! Mine's on Monday. Trying not to stress myself out too much lol

How does everyone feel about their interview?
Like it is time to go into hibernation for the next two months, til we hear back, in order to avoid contemplating the tragedy that occurred today

Feels like rejection is coming... anyone thinks they did well? XD

Feels like rejection is coming... anyone thinks they did well? XD
I was prepared for stoic interviewers, but this one interviewer... he tested my mettle.
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Expressions GIF by Sony Pictures Animation

(P.S. eeeeeeeh twinsies on the moniker! :D)

I was prepared for stoic interviewers, but this one interviewer... he tested my mettle.
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Expressions GIF by Sony Pictures Animation

(P.S. eeeeeeeh twinsies on the moniker! :D)
Lolll pretty sure I know who you're talking about.

How does everyone feel about their interview?
I feel ok-ish? But I think I'm a freak and enjoy MMIs way more than traditional behavioral interviews lol. I definitely fumbled over my words and was thrown by a few questions but overall I wouldn't change much about my responses besides improving clarity. If I get a rejection, I feel ok knowing I represented myself accurately 🤷‍♀️

Don't worry guys!! Last year after the interview I was 100% certain that I would not get in. It was SOOO horrible. When I got the call offering me a spot I was so shocked that I double checked what he said. You probably did better than you think!!

Reactions: 5 users