UC Davis c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was incredible! I was so excited to answer the questions! I am a philosophy major so a lot of the questions were right up my alley! The MMI format is so much better than the traditional format for interviews. Good luck everybody! I hope we all get to meet next fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else seriously struggling to focus on anything else? I just want to know 😩

• Care
That was incredible! I was so excited to answer the questions! I am a philosophy major so a lot of the questions were right up my alley! The MMI format is so much better than the traditional format for interviews. Good luck everybody! I hope we all get to meet next fall!
Mine were mostly in my main interests as well, which I thought was cool.

I do feel like I repeated myself a lot. As well as the eye contact piece was hard bc I look around to think. I did try to circle back to the interviewer but yeaaah. We will see I guess!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oml I almost had heart attack when I got the email that said my portal had new messages 😭 And I find out it's just a survey link lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
got a message for MMI Feedback
Oml I almost had heart attack when I got the email that said my portal had new messages 😭 And I find out it's just a survey link lmao
LOL same here :rofl:

PSA: Upcoming Dates
(Just try to think about other things, we won't hear back for a bit :))
1670561278678.png

I also had a mini heart attack lol but when I tried to go on the link it’s expired?? I know they’re trying to fix it right now, but I will have a mini freak out whenever I see a message from UC Davis even tho I know they won’t have a decision til January lol, they’re trying to keep us on our toes or something

I also had a mini heart attack lol but when I tried to go on the link it’s expired?? I know they’re trying to fix it right now, but I will have a mini freak out whenever I see a message from UC Davis even tho I know they won’t have a decision til January lol, they’re trying to keep us on our toes or something
Seriously, I was like "welp, rejected!" when I saw the notification email come in while at work today

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone feel like they completely bombed it? Or did exceptionally well? I feel so nervous just because I’m so unsure about how they grade it.
I feel like I did really well, all things considered. They are meant to be challenging questions and to get you to express how you think. I think mostly what they are looking for is that you can communicate clearly and that you are generally confident and able to get your point across in stressful situations. It seems from past years that a lot of people thought they completely bombed a majority of the stations and still got acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone feel like they completely bombed it? Or did exceptionally well? I feel so nervous just because I’m so unsure about how they grade it.
Yeah it’s hard to know. Like I feel like I did alright but I’m not sure.

I wonder why it takes another month for them to decide. Doesn't the interviewers mark a score right after our response so they just have to add it up and rank us?

I wonder why it takes another month for them to decide. Doesn't the interviewers mark a score right after our response so they just have to add it up and rank us?
They do statistical analysis looking to make sure factors like interviewer, interview date, etc doesn't skew the MMI scores at all. I know the waiting is the hardest part, but just try to hold tight until January and enjoy this next month or so as much as you can without worrying too much. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! I'm a first year co2026 here at UCDSVM. You guys have got this! I don't know when calls are going out this year but just try not to freak out if people get their calls hours before you do. I believe my year the first person got their call around 2 PM and mine didn't come until 6 PM so I was convinced I didn't get in, so just a heads up that there may be a gap in-between sending out all the calls. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi there! I'm a first year co2026 here at UCDSVM. You guys have got this! I don't know when calls are going out this year but just try not to freak out if people get their calls hours before you do. I believe my year the first person got their call around 2 PM and mine didn't come until 6 PM so I was convinced I didn't get in, so just a heads up that there may be a gap in-between sending out all the calls. Good luck!
Thank you, kind soul, for saving our sanity in advance.

Next week is the second week of January! Crossing my fingers that we get a decision next week!

My guess is it wouldn't be tomorrow :/ Its the student ambassadors that call for acceptances, and tomorrow is our first day back for the semester so they will be busy with that. From what I have heard, they haven't been told yet when they are making calls.

Reactions: 5 users
Oof waiting in anticipation of a call rather than an email makes me more nervous! 😰 Gotta start leaving my ringer on

My guess is it wouldn't be tomorrow :/ Its the student ambassadors that call for acceptances, and tomorrow is our first day back for the semester so they will be busy with that. From what I have heard, they haven't been told yet when they are making calls.
Have things been shut down with the weather?

Have things been shut down with the weather?
Things were running normally last week and as far as I'm aware, normal operations this week + campus notifications saying return to classes still planned for Monday.

do they normally find out the date they're calling a week in advance or so? from what I saw on last year's thread, looks like someone posted the date 10 days before. fingers crossed it's this week, but i have a feeling it might be later!

do they normally find out the date they're calling a week in advance or so? from what I saw on last year's thread, looks like someone posted the date 10 days before. fingers crossed it's this week, but i have a feeling it might be later!
They are not supposed to reveal the date. I think last year was a fluke. Previous years, applicants didn’t know…

They are not supposed to reveal the date. I think last year was a fluke. Previous years, applicants didn’t know…

yeah i've been going through threads back to c/o 2022 and looks like no one knew the date before. however they all seem to have heard in between 1/9 to 1/16 (minus the casper test year), i'm hoping we hear at the end of this week :)

Reactions: 3 users
Soo anxious! Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens we made it this far and we should be super proud about it. We got this! 🥹

Do they call all applicants on the same day? I read that calls started around 3 pm PST (6pm EST) for the previous years class.
I believe they do it all on the same day. They start calling after they get done with classes.

sandlot youre killing me smalls GIF

Another day of the silent treatment.

For some reason, I just *knew* they were going to call us today. Guess I was wrong haha!
Same! Today felt like THE day.

I doubt they'de make us wait until next after the holiday next Monday unless something unforeseen happens, so it's probably either tomorrow or Friday. My money's on Friday now. Thursday just feels like a weird day to get decisions, but who knows. I certainly wouldn't complain with tomorrow though.

I don't want to be anxiously dreading for a call if people start getting acceptances so I'm going to try not to look at this thread. Is that just me? But also me checking every few hours...

Jeez, I hope today is the day. The waiting is killing me!

• Care
According to AAVMC data, 100% of students get scholarships. Does anyone know how much these scholarships are? I watched a video where the Dean said that they really try to drive down the cost of attendance for students. Just curious how significant these scholarships actually are!
I think one of their videos said about 5k each year so it typically gets close to one year of tuition in scholarships by the end of your 4 years. I'll post the video if I come across it again

It looks like cost of living is estimated to be around $40K per year (around 160K for all four years). Is it really this expensive to live in Davis? I’m not from Cali so I don’t know the landscape out there!
It probably depends on what you decide to do. I don't live in Davis, but I do live in the bay area currently and I'm paying $1800 for a 1 bedroom apartment (which is cheap for my area), so that's about 20k just in rent costs. I can't remember how much living on campus they estimate budget-wise. Gas is crazy expensive, food and living expenses are moderate, but that also depends on where you come from. Depending on how you budget 40k can be about right in the middle.

Just got my call driving of all things. I’m shaking and crying. IS ACCEPTANCE!! Second time applying and it happened. Thank Jesus I didn’t crash the car mid excitement

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an OOS acceptance call!!

• Love
IS acceptance!!!! I’m so relieved and excited!!!

How much longer do you guys think they will call for?😭

IS Acceptance!!!! Got the call about 20 minutes ago! My dreams are coming true! I am so excited to be classmates with you all!!!!!