1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

UC DAVIS

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by MTY, Jul 10, 2000.

1. MTY

MTY

Did anyone apply to UC Davis? did all of you who applied receive a secondary application from the school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zolie

zolie Member
    10+ Year Member

As an entering MS1 at UCD, I can tell you that there is a pre-secondary screen that happens, so you won't get a secondary automatically. It takes the UCs a little longer to get their secondaries out b/c of this. Good luck!

4. Cruella

Cruella Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey- I applied to UCD last year and only got a secondary in the mid-late summer. I then heard absolutely nothing from then until mid-april when they invited me to interview. I agree with zolie- the UCs can take a little longer since they actually screen their primary applications. Be patient- and don't worry!

5. MTY

MTY

To zolie and cruella,

how does this pre-secondary application work? do all students get one?

6. fiatslug

fiatslug Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    MTY: there's no pre-secondary application. Rather, the UCs (unlike most med schools) screen your primary application to see IF they will send you a secondary. Most schools will send a secondary to anyone with a pulse. UCs are cool in that they only send secondaries to people with a certain minimum level of credentials (probably just MCAT & GPA); if you get a UC secondary, that actually means something! So it takes them longer to send out secondaries than most schools.