UC Davis!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fingers crossed!!

hey btw, vagirl, did you go to WI? whadya think?

I leave on Sunday. And I just emailed you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

so... does davis send out alternate letters as well? or do they just wait until the very end to send out acceptance letters to people who are on the "alternate" list... i'm just curious.. :D

so... does davis send out alternate letters as well? or do they just wait until the very end to send out acceptance letters to people who are on the "alternate" list... i'm just curious.. :D

I don't know when they send out those letters. I'd assume at the same time as the others. But from reading last year's thread, it sounded like Davis has a very short alternate list that experiences little to no movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I got an email from them today!!! I'm GOING!!! I'm sooooooooo relieved/happy/stunned!!

I hope you all received emails as well or will be receiving them very shortly! Then we can move on to really fun topics like when everyone is going to move out there, where we are thinking of living, etc. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Well I got an email from them today!!! I'm GOING!!! I'm sooooooooo relieved/happy/stunned!!

I hope you all received emails as well or will be receiving them very shortly! Then we can move on to really fun topics like when everyone is going to move out there, where we are thinking of living, etc. GOOD LUCK!!!!

:hardy::hardy: Congrats!!! That's so awesome! When did it come? I'm assuming earlier...I'm having a hard time imagining someone sent it out at 7:30pm on a Friday night. If so, they need to let their admissions staff have a life!

Congrats again! :D

*begins email inbox stalking in earnest*

Nothing here yet!

It seems like it's their tradition to send some out on a Friday and then wait until Monday for the rest! Good luck to everyone and congrats Karazy! I have kind of a bad feeling about myself for a reason that I don't want to say. :(

It's official! I'm coming to Davis' VSTP. yay! :D :D :D

Yay! Congrats for making the decision Hoodle! :hardy:

And congrats Karazy to getting in!!

I can't wait till Monday... :eek:

Thanks greenie... and yes, Karazy, congrats!

Good news will come to all on monday, I'm sure of it!

:hardy::hardy: :love:

Thanks everyone!

So somehow I stumbled onto this link http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/studentprograms/class_2012/checklist.htm

It includes a "accept or decline your acceptance" link, where you enter your first name, last name, and vmcas id#. I know I've been accepted to the VSTP, but my information wouldn't go through (it said that name/# doesn't match). I expect my app is being treated somewhat differently than the rest of the pile. Anyhow... might someone be able to find out if they've been accepted, early? I think if the program says "unknown", that doesn't mean much (either you've been rejected, or your info simply hasn't been processed yet). If, however, you can get through, that'd mean you've been accepted, right?!

Okay, now this is killing me! It said my name and ID # didn't match. What the heck does that mean?! Is that the same as "unknown?" I just put my first and last names (no middle name) and then the 11 digit VMCAS ID #? I just hate this not-knowing and will be SO glad when I finally have an answer and will know what I am doing next year!

Thanks everyone!

So somehow I stumbled onto this link http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/studentprograms/class_2012/checklist.htm

It includes a "accept or decline your acceptance" link, where you enter your first name, last name, and vmcas id#. I know I've been accepted to the VSTP, but my information wouldn't go through (it said that name/# doesn't match). I expect my app is being treated somewhat differently than the rest of the pile. Anyhow... might someone be able to find out if they've been accepted, early? I think if the program says "unknown", that doesn't mean much (either you've been rejected, or your info simply hasn't been processed yet). If, however, you can get through, that'd mean you've been accepted, right?!

Sorry, "unknown" was a misnomer. I didn't have the page open in front of me when I typed this note :( sorry for the confusion. For mine also, it said that name and ID# didn't "match".

I have no idea what this means... I'm sorry for opening this can of worms :( I wouldn't make too much of it, though... hopefully they'll get back to everyone ASAP!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, "unknown" was a misnomer. I didn't have the page open in front of me when I typed this note :( sorry for the confusion. For mine also, it said that name and ID# didn't "match".

I have no idea what this means... I'm sorry for opening this can of worms :( I wouldn't make too much of it, though... hopefully they'll get back to everyone ASAP!

Hahaha, hoodle!

I found this link as well on Thursday and entered my name and ID on Friday after I found out Karazy got an email and my name/ID didn't match either and I was so upset! But I talked to VAgirl in PM and hers wasn't there either, and pupsforseeing now says that too. I find it hard to believe that all of us didn't get in, so I know for sure it doesn't mean anything now.

We should hear tomorrow, good luck everyone!!! :luck::luck::luck:

I find it hard to believe that all of us didn't get in, so I know for sure it doesn't mean anything now.

I sure hope the opposite is right...hopefully this time tomorrow we will all have acceptances in hand! I hate being on the east coast and having to wait for emails from the west coast...those 3 extra hours are killer! Good luck, guys. Anyone else just soooo ready to finally know where you're headed?!

I sure hope the opposite is right...hopefully this time tomorrow we will all have acceptances in hand! I hate being on the east coast and having to wait for emails from the west coast...those 3 extra hours are killer! Good luck, guys. Anyone else just soooo ready to finally know where you're headed?!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

Good luck, everyone. Here's hoping tomorrow brings good news!

WOOHOOOO!!! I just got the acceptance email!! This is the day I've been dreaming of since I was in grade school. I got back to school from spring break and no one else is on campus yet (everyone will get here tonight), so I'm calling every one I know because there's no one here to be excited with :) YAY!!

HOORAY, pupsforseeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!
are you coming for sure??

:D:D:D:D
good news will come for everyone else soon, I'm positive!
and because I know people will want to know, can you log into the accept/decline site?

FYI: I AM able to log onto the accept/decline site.

Hoodle, I am about to PM you Re: coming to UCD.

Congrats pupsforseeing!! :clap::clap:

Nothing here. (Yet. I hope.)

Edit: The ID thing still isn't working for me. That could mean something at this point. pups...did your acceptance email refer you to that site? Sorry, I'm just obsessing a wee bit.

VAgirl, yes, the acceptance email had a link to the site. Don't obsess too much :) I just talked to Kim O'Bryan just now to ask her a question and she sounded like she's a pretty busy woman this week!

VAgirl, yes, the acceptance email had a link to the site. Don't obsess too much :) I just talked to Kim O'Bryan just now to ask her a question and she sounded like she's a pretty busy woman this week!

Thanks. :) We'll see. Either way, congrats, I'm very excited for you!! You should feel amazing! What an accomplishment. :)

I just got my acceptance email! At 1:40pm EST. That's is so awesome!!!
It's decision time now...

Good luck to everyone, I think the emails will be coming throughtout the day...

Congratulations everyone! Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to be in your shoes this time next year! :oops:

Edit: The ID thing still isn't working for me. That could mean something at this point. pups...did your acceptance email refer you to that site? Sorry, I'm just obsessing a wee bit.

VAgirl - I know I've been accepted, but I still can't log onto that site either.

Also, has anyone gotten an OOS acceptance yet? They may be going through the pile in chunks, IS vs OOS....

VAgirl - I know I've been accepted, but I still can't log onto that site either.

Also, has anyone gotten an OOS acceptance yet? They may be going through the pile in chunks, IS vs OOS....

Aww... Thanks, hoodle. I have no idea if you're right, but your optimism makes me feel less glum. :) Yay for people being happy, upbeat, and keeping the rest of us smiling.:thumbup:

Nothing here yet either :( But I guess no news is good news for now...!

I can't sign on to the site either. I can't wait till this waiting is finally over!!

Ok, I take back my previous comments. He's a very nice guy. He didn't know, but he went to check with others, and the answer appears to be that they will start sending out emails (rejections and acceptances) on Monday 24 March in no particular order. He said those emails should continue throughout the week. Here's hopin' they all arrive on Monday! :)

I went back and dug this up because for what it's worth, they just gave me the same spiel when I called. Even though last year it seemed like all acceptances went out on Monday and the rejections on Tuesday, I got the same "acceptances/denials in no particular order throughout the whole week" response that VAgirl did.

I just don't understand why on earth it is taking so long when every other school manages to send all their letters out on the same day :mad:

Eeeek! I got in!!!!

So apparently not being able to sign in didn't mean anything. Don't despair yet! Email came at around 3pm, but I'm not sure which time zone. I live in EST, CA is PST, and right now I'm on central time. So who knows.

Yay Cali!! :D

SO HAPPY FOR YOU VAgirl!!!!!!!!! (just PMed you too)

now we just need nyanko, sheltergirl, and greenie to make it a full sweep!

Congrats, VAgirl!! Will you be headed out west come September?

Nothing here. Not that I was expecting it.

Congratulations to everyone who got emails today though! I'm really happy for everyone here. :)

Congratulations to those who were accepted!

(Busily researching Champaign-Urbana because it is starting to look more and more like I will be moving there soon)

Eeeek! I got in!!!!

So apparently not being able to sign in didn't mean anything. Don't despair yet! Email came at around 3pm, but I'm not sure which time zone. I live in EST, CA is PST, and right now I'm on central time. So who knows.

Yay Cali!! :D

AHH! Congrats! :hardy: Decisions, decisions...=)

I'm so excited about Davis, I just mindlessly microwaved the honey to sweeten my tea... the plastic container shrunk to about half its size, the honey boiled, I opened the microwave, it tipped over and shot a jet of boiling honey about 10 feet across my kitchen. WOW! :lol:

S, the morals of this story are twofold:
1) when you're daydreaming about starting school, don't try to multitask
2) your parents were right about not microwaving plastic honey containers!

:hardy::hardy:

I got in this afternoon :D

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

I am OOS, so it's not a IS vs OOS situation. And, my interview date was 3/7 if that helps.

Aww, congrats to you guys that have gotten acceptances today! :hardy: And good luck to those still waiting....stay positive, no news is not necessarily bad news! I'm pulling for a clean sweep for the SDNers! Here's to tomorrow!! :luck:

Hang in there nyanko, Sheltergirl... maybe there are more to come. :luck::luck::luck: to all of you!! We're all pulling for you!

pups--I think I will indeed. It seems weird to commit, and I'm still in the worrying it's a mistake phase, so I'll wait a day or two before declining my other offers, but yea....99.9% sure I'll be heading out west. :eek::eek: :D:D:D:D

Holy **** I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY, sheltergirl!!!!

Is it davis for sure?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! :luck::luck:

No email has come for me yet.... :(

YEA ShelterGirl! And VAgirl! This is SO exciting. (Hi Hoodle :)) I'm definitely going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you guys? (I know Hoodle is...)
:banana::biglove::zip:

Hang in there everyone else! It seems like the acceptances are trickling out...

Yeah, definitely going - $10k less per year and only being 100 vs. 1800 miles away from my SO makes a huge difference.

Any suggestions on where to fill the biology 1B requirement? I'm looking at some options but nobody has published their summer schedule yet. Anyone take it online?

EDIT: Found it at UC Berkeley during their summer session. Phew!

CONGRATS to those of you who have heard! :hardy::hardy::hardy:

And nyanko and greenie - Crossing my fingers for ya! :luck::luck::luck: