UC Irvine MSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontknowkarate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed for UCI's MSTP? What did you think of the program and the research there? The school is ranked #47 in US News so I don't know if its worth going to the interview since I've interviewed at many of the schools ranked #20-30, although I don't have any acceptances yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I liked UCI. The director is really nice. The students are nice. Suburban location. Nice, calm campus (with wild rabbits running around!). Undergraduates are nearby. They just built a new stem cell research facility, and California is great for stem cell research in general. What type of research are you interested in?

I liked UCI. The director is really nice. The students are nice. Suburban location. Nice, calm campus (with wild rabbits running around!). Undergraduates are nearby. They just built a new stem cell research facility, and California is great for stem cell research in general. What type of research are you interested in?

LOOOOOL....UCI stem cell research is sooooooo overhyped however they do have some crazzzzyyy new grants they just got.