You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by UCISS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Looks like we both created threads 30 minutes apart from each other for this! I locked the one I made so there's just one thread for this topic 🙂
Does anyone know if there is a specific advantage in applying early?
Does anyone know if there is a specific advantage in applying early?
Looks like we both created threads 30 minutes apart from each other for this! I locked the one I made so there's just one thread for this topic 🙂
Does anyone know if there is a specific advantage in applying early?
Hi! Wow great minds think alike
in response to your question tho I believe the program uses a rolling admission policy! So it would actually benefit you to apply early from what I’m reading from their website
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any re-applicants to this program ? And anyone apply to UCSD?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Any re-applicants to this program ? And anyone apply to UCSD?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Any re-applicants to this program ? And anyone apply to UCSD?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
First-time applicant! I'm just applying to the UC postbacc consortium but am considering to apply to the UCSD one as well
First-time applicant as well! Mainly applying to the UC post bacc consortium but also thinking about applying to UCSD but I think their deadline is approaching so I am not sure about thatFirst-time applicant! I'm just applying to the UC postbacc consortium but am considering to apply to the UCSD one as well
Anyone apply to UCSD post bacc program? Kind of confused about the payment, i received an email to pay $60 through the UCSD Extension. But when I got to PostBacCAS page, it says my application fee is $130. Do we have to pay both? Thank you
Edit: Just received an email from Ron (UCSD Post Bac manager), and he said we have to pay BOTH fees.
Edit: Just received an email from Ron (UCSD Post Bac manager), and he said we have to pay BOTH fees.
Last edited:
Anyone submitted their application yet?
One of my references had issues submitting the letter; they contacted [email protected] and were told to email them the letter. Just concerned because I would like to have my applications verified asap, but also confused as one of my other references were able to submit without any issues. Letter was emailed last week, but still no changes of verification on the application.
One of my references had issues submitting the letter; they contacted [email protected] and were told to email them the letter. Just concerned because I would like to have my applications verified asap, but also confused as one of my other references were able to submit without any issues. Letter was emailed last week, but still no changes of verification on the application.
Premedgirl4
New Member
It takes some time. I did the same and it eventually showed up. If not, I would email or call to ask for an update.Anyone submitted their application yet?
One of my references had issues submitting the letter; they contacted [email protected] and were told to email them the letter. Just concerned because I would like to have my applications verified asap, but also confused as one of my other references were able to submit without any issues. Letter was emailed last week, but still no changes of verification on the application.
Looks like late February was the earliest interview invites based off of last year's thread. Still waiting for verification of my application as I am waiting for one more letter of recommendation to be verified.
Just found it strange how some people in last year's thread had their applications verified the following day after submitting their application. Wish it worked the same way for me too lol
Just found it strange how some people in last year's thread had their applications verified the following day after submitting their application. Wish it worked the same way for me too lol
Anyone working on uc riverside's post bacc application? Their application is terrible; especially the extracurricular activities section. You cannot go back and edit. Very time consuming
Just submitted my app! How do you know if your app has been verified ? Also did anyone apply to UCSD? Anyone get an interview ? and do y'all know the interview questions ?
When I submitted I received two emails. The first confirmed that I had submitted and the second confirmed that the application was complete. Additionally, you can go into the portal where you should be able to see that the status of the application says “complete”.Just submitted my app! How do you know if your app has been verified ? Also did anyone apply to UCSD? Anyone get an interview ? and do y'all know the interview questions ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I submitted I received two emails. The first confirmed that I had submitted and the second confirmed that the application was complete. Additionally, you can go into the portal where you should be able to see that the status of the application says “complete”.
It says I’m missing my transcripts but I sent an E transcript from my 4 year university and mailed transcripts from my junior college. I got a confirmation that both have been received. Idk [emoji52]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Hmm... It might be worth calling them. That seems strange. Maybe they are taking a while to upload them?It says I’m missing my transcripts but I sent an E transcript from my 4 year university and mailed transcripts from my junior college. I got a confirmation that both have been received. Idk [emoji52]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Interviews based off of people in this current cohort come around the 22ndJust submitted my app! How do you know if your app has been verified ? Also did anyone apply to UCSD? Anyone get an interview ? and do y'all know the interview questions ?
Interviews based off of people in this current cohort come around the 22nd
Nice, I received an interview invitation but was not told of the dates and time yet. I was told that they would send that information soon. Anyone else receive an email like that ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Nice, I received an interview invitation but was not told of the dates and time yet. I was told that they would send that information soon. Anyone else receive an email like that ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Congrats, is this for UCSD?
Congrats, is this for UCSD?
Yeah! I’m so excited
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I just got an interview for UCSD! Interview dates should come out next weekNice, I received an interview invitation but was not told of the dates and time yet. I was told that they would send that information soon. Anyone else receive an email like that ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I just got an interview for UCSD! Interview dates should come out next week
Nice ! Congratulations [emoji322]! Any ideas of what the interview questions are like ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thanks! I don't know any exact questions as it does depend on who is interviewing you. Based on past forums, it will be a former dean of UCSD med or your would-be advisor. They are usually the same person but this is all I could gather. Just know your application inside and out and your motivations to pursue medicine.Nice ! Congratulations [emoji322]! Any ideas of what the interview questions are like ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thanks! I don't know any exact questions as it does depend on who is interviewing you. Based on past forums, it will be a former dean of UCSD med or your would-be advisor. They are usually the same person but this is all I could gather. Just know your application inside and out and your motivations to pursue medicine.
Thank you ! Good luck ! I hope to see you there next fall!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
can y'all tell me when you submitted your application and how long it took to get "verified"? getting a little anxious everyday as my application has not been "verified" yet (everything is marked complete in my application).
can y'all tell me when you submitted your application and how long it took to get "verified"? getting a little anxious everyday as my application has not been "verified" yet (everything is marked complete in my application).
Hi
For UCSD’s program I submitted December 1st and got verified Jan 7th. I got my interview 14th Feb. hope that helps! Good luck and I hope to see you in fall
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
i submitted jan 24th but there was a transcript error so i was not verified until feb 11th. I recieved my interview invitation Feb. 17. I had an issue getting verified but I would call to see what may be wrong with your application. Hope this helps!can y'all tell me when you submitted your application and how long it took to get "verified"? getting a little anxious everyday as my application has not been "verified" yet (everything is marked complete in my application).
Does anyone know when UCI or UCD will start sending out interview invites?
It seems like from previous posts that UCI is first and comes out at the end of Feb and goes into March. I not 100% sure about Davis but I believe Davis's might be out a bit later around March-Aprilish. UCSF seems to typically be the last one
Also congrats to everyone that's received a UCSD interview 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I emailed UCD and UCI to find out when they would be sending out interview invitations. Here is what they said:
UCD: The interview process will be beginning in March once the deadline passes (3/11). Applicants will be e-mailed with further information if selected for an interview.
UCI: The UC Irvine Postbaccalaureate Program will begin sending interview invitations out within the next two weeks.
UCD: The interview process will be beginning in March once the deadline passes (3/11). Applicants will be e-mailed with further information if selected for an interview.
UCI: The UC Irvine Postbaccalaureate Program will begin sending interview invitations out within the next two weeks.
Thank you!Hey everyone! I emailed UCD and UCI to find out when they would be sending out interview invitations. Here is what they said:
UCD: The interview process will be beginning in March once the deadline passes (3/11). Applicants will be e-mailed with further information if selected for an interview.
UCI: The UC Irvine Postbaccalaureate Program will begin sending interview invitations out within the next two weeks.
I was accepted to both UCI and UCD last year if anyone wants any interview advice or help through the application cycle, let me know! I received my first interview for UCI in late February and interviewed in mid-March for UC Davis. I know it can be a very stressful process but be patient and kind to yourselves! You all got this 🙂
I was accepted to both UCI and UCD last year if anyone wants any interview advice or help through the application cycle, let me know! I received my first interview for UCI in late February and interviewed in mid-March for UC Davis. I know it can be a very stressful process but be patient and kind to yourselves! You all got this 🙂
That's awesome. What program did you decide to attend? Good luck future doc
Thank you so much! Would you happen to remember when you submitted your application?I was accepted to both UCI and UCD last year if anyone wants any interview advice or help through the application cycle, let me know! I received my first interview for UCI in late February and interviewed in mid-March for UC Davis. I know it can be a very stressful process but be patient and kind to yourselves! You all got this 🙂
That's awesome. What program did you decide to attend? Good luck future doc
I am in the current UCI cohort! Thank you!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you so much! Would you happen to remember when you submitted your application?
I submitted February 12!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
janedoe120
New Member
Hi everyone! I haven't gotten a UCSD interview or heard back from them but I submitted my app on time/got verified. Should I be worried since some interview invites have gone out?
Last edited:
I am in the current UCI cohort! Thank you!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Is there any reason why you chose UCI over UCD? (other than location assuming you are from Irvine)
Is there any reason why you chose UCI over UCD? (other than location assuming you are from Irvine)
I chose UCI because the UCI Prime-LC program is my top choice! Love the program !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Would you happen to know if any of your fellow cohort members submitted their apps later/closer to the deadline? Was it your first time applying?I submitted February 12!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Would you happen to know if any of your fellow cohort members submitted their apps later/closer to the deadline? Was it your first time applying?
It was my first time applying and I did have some cohort members apply closer to the deadline!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
esteralmed
New Member
Greetings, called to know timeline the lady from the 5388 telephone number and she mentioned interviews are going on right now to way later.
Does anyone know how much people usually get accepted early in the interviews (before the deadline)?
(Forgive my english, it's only my 3rd year in America and California from when I started to learn)
What are the break down of you'r letters of recommendations?
UCSF said two professors and 3rd choice so mine is my leader in EMT. But UCI says one from letter from community service. I submitted mine already so is this bad to be in the position?
Good luck to my fellow future doctors, hope to see you in your whitecoats/
Does anyone know how much people usually get accepted early in the interviews (before the deadline)?
(Forgive my english, it's only my 3rd year in America and California from when I started to learn)
What are the break down of you'r letters of recommendations?
UCSF said two professors and 3rd choice so mine is my leader in EMT. But UCI says one from letter from community service. I submitted mine already so is this bad to be in the position?
Good luck to my fellow future doctors, hope to see you in your whitecoats/
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
esteralmed
New Member
It isIs it to late to apply UCI Postbacc? I know the deadline is March 11 but does anyone know its rolling admission?
I believe I am now wrong, it might be rolling
It is not too late, I believe, but the problem would be getting letters of recommendation 2 weeks before its due
Last edited:
Greetings, called to know timeline the lady from the 5388 telephone number and she mentioned interviews are going on right now to way later.
Does anyone know how much people usually get accepted early in the interviews (before the deadline)?
(Forgive my english, it's only my 3rd year in America and California from when I started to learn)
What are the break down of you'r letters of recommendations?
UCSF said two professors and 3rd choice so mine is my leader in EMT. But UCI says one from letter from community service. I submitted mine already so is this bad to be in the position?
Good luck to my fellow future doctors, hope to see you in your whitecoats/
From previous threads, it looks like UCI began to release acceptances/rejections in mid-late March-April. UCI is normally the first program to send interview invites, so they are more "rolling admission" than the others.
As for your letters, I do believe the letter requirements were one about community service, one from a science faculty, and one from research, another faculty, or employment. I would call or email in regards to your letter, just to be safe.
Last edited:
esteralmed
New Member
I see, my apologies, I thought rolling meant something else.From previous threads, it looks like UCI began to release acceptances/rejections in mid-late March. UCI is normally the first program to send interview invites, so they are more "rolling admission" than the others.
As for your letters, I do believe the letter requirements were one about community service, one from a science faculty, and one from research, another faculty, or employment. I would call or email in regards to your letter, just to be safe.
I have emailed them too.
Thanks for the help you provided
it wouldn't hurt to email the director. Here is their email: [email protected] and [email protected] . it goes to the same person but it doesn't hurt to send your message to both emails. Hope this helps!Hi everyone! I haven't gotten a UCSD interview or heard back from them but I submitted my app on time/got verified. Should I be worried since some interview invites have gone out?
Thanks, that's true, I have one PI and one professor ready to write LOR.It isnotrolling. UCI hard deadline March 11, no matter who you are.
I believe I am now wrong, it might be rolling
It is not too late, I believe, but the problem would be getting letters of recommendation 2 weeks before its due
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K