UC secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caligirl05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS late June. I received the UCI secondary on 8/1 and now am on hold there for an interview. I received emails from the other UCs telling me that they had received my AMCAS but nothing since then and that occured in late July or early August. I am curious if people have heard rejections from UCLA, UCD, or UCSD presecondary. I know people have commented about UCSF rejections. I am beginning to wonder what has happened to my application - I have essentially given up on hearing from these schools, but it would have been nice if they could have at least sent me a rejection letter. :( Any one else in the same boat?

As a note, I did call UCSD and they told me that had decided not to give me a secondary but that I hadn't received a rejection letter because they had also decided not to reject me and would review my application again in December. I didn't think schools did holds presecondaries?!?! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Caligirl05 said:
I submitted my AMCAS late June. I received the UCI secondary on 8/1 and now am on hold there for an interview. I received emails from the other UCs telling me that they had received my AMCAS but nothing since then and that occured in late July or early August. I am curious if people have heard rejections from UCLA, UCD, or UCSD presecondary. I know people have commented about UCSF rejections. I am beginning to wonder what has happened to my application - I have essentially given up on hearing from these schools, but it would have been nice if they could have at least sent me a rejection letter. :( Any one else in the same boat?

As a note, I did call UCSD and they told me that had decided not to give me a secondary but that I hadn't received a rejection letter because they had also decided not to reject me and would review my application again in December. I didn't think schools did holds presecondaries?!?! :mad:

I am in a similar situation, except that UCI hasn't even reviewed my app yet. Last year, UCSD took until December to reject me pre-sec and UCD until February. And pre-secondary holds do exist, I know that Michigan state has one as well.

So yeah, I'm in pretty much the same boat. Kinda sucky, huh?

I am in the same boat... it is a full boat methinks.

Members don't see this ad :)
UC's are so slow to get back to you..... they are a picky bunch of schools...

As you can see... I'm still waiting... AMCAS was submitted in August and still no word from them yet... no secondary... no rejection... :(

Caligirl05 said:

are you on "hold" or "pending review?"

Joonie said:
are you on "hold" or "pending review?"

I am on hold at UCI.....I am still pending review at SF (8/15 group and I called yesterday) and I am who knows what at the remaining UCs. I am glad to hear that there are other people in my boat though and that some of us might still get secondaries. ;) If not I guess I will just go to one of the other schools that seems to like me.