1) Secretary takes armload of mail from mailperson.
2) Said mail cascades all over his/her desk and onto the floor, both behind
and in front of secretary's desk.
3) Secretary picks up mail from in front of desk
4) Secretary goes out to lunch.
5) Secretary answers phone from anxious pre-med applicant wanting to know if file is complete. Answers s/he does not know because data has not been entered into computer database.
6) Secretary picks up letter opener and starts to slit open what appears to be a secondary application.
7) Secretary answers phone again, taking call from anxious pre-med applicant wanting to know if epidemiology course meets the requirement for a science LOR.
8) Secretary picks up letter opener again, and finishes slitting the envelope.
9) Secretary answers phone again, taking call from anxious pre-med who wants to know if school screens for secondaries. Says no, and reminds applicant that this information is on admissions webpage.
10) Secretary takes secondary application out of envelope.
11) Secretary answers phone again......................................
Meanwhile Solid Gold's application waits stoically behind the desk, where it will remain for the next 20 years!