ucfhelp

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
I work in the news office at UCF, and we're trying to find students who are interested in applying next month to be part of the UCF College of Medicine's charter class. The first class of 40 students will receive four-year scholarships to cover their tuition and living expenses, etc. If you plan on applying or know someone who does...please let me know!

http://medicine.ucf.edu/

drmcsteamy2008

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i am planning on applying to ucf but im from GA. i know there is in-state preference, but how strong do you think it will be? Also, does the scholarship just cover the in-state tuition and stipend so if an OOS gets in, they will be paying the 20000-tuition difference?

About the Ads

jamesrick80

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Louisiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Note that if you are not a florida resident, you will have an extra 20000 added to your tuition and it will not be covered by scholarships.

DieselD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am a FL resident and I plan on applying as well.

Bradstein

Friendly R3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
MIdwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Note that if you are not a florida resident, you will have an extra 20000 added to your tuition and it will not be covered by scholarships.

Interesting, I haven't heard this before. Is this mentioned on the UCF website anywhere?

jamesrick80

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Louisiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yes, look in the financial aid section, I remember seeing it on there website somewhere if its not there still.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.