UCI and UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA med app

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the August MCAT and haven't heard from UCI or UCLA. I know UCLA is really slow, but it seems like most Aug MCATers already received UCI secondary.

Is anyone still waiting for secondaries from these schools??

Members don't see this ad.

yes! I have been complete for a few months and haven't heard a peep from UCLA. No rejection, no secondary, not a THING!

Members don't see this ad :)
i took the april MCAT....complete in the summer. still no word, and also no secondary, from UCSD, UCI, UCLA.
cheers to hoping for the best, yet expecting the worst. :eek:

I took the April MCAT and haven't heard anything from UCD or UCLA. UCI and UCSD were fairly prompt with the secondaries-at least for me. Seems like a crapshoot. Good luck!

I also had April scores, but haven't gotten anything from UCI, UCLA, UCD, or UCSD. I wouldn't be surprised to get rejections, since it seems like others have gotten them (I have a 23Q). I think they lost my application. Or used it as toilet paper . . . it's hard to say.

Have you tried calling or emailing them? Apparently I had a hold-up because UCSD couldn't find my biology credits. That might be the case, in which case, they cannot completely review you until they find the missing pieces.

supersnuffles said:
Have you tried calling or emailing them? Apparently I had a hold-up because UCSD couldn't find my biology credits. That might be the case, in which case, they cannot completely review you until they find the missing pieces.

Were they planning on contacting you about those credits, or were they just going to sit on your application until you called (or the application cycle was over)? I'm hesitant to call because I'm afraid they'll reject me right over the phone once they see my MCAT score. I can handle the emails and letters, but to have to "hear" that I'm rejected . . . I might cry. :laugh:

Khenon said:
Were they planning on contacting you about those credits, or were they just going to sit on your application until you called (or the application cycle was over)? I'm hesitant to call because I'm afraid they'll reject me right over the phone once they see my MCAT score. I can handle the emails and letters, but to have to "hear" that I'm rejected . . . I might cry. :laugh:

Sit on application, haha. You're so funny. Especially the toilet paper. :laugh: They said they were going to contact me, then they eventually sent out an email to me regarding the whole deal, but they have so many applications, that it takes them a while to sieve through and contact the people that might be missing certain prereqs. You could try emailing the admissions; I find that its really scary talking to admissions officers and secretaries, because they get hundreds of these calls every day, and sometimes are kind of cranky. But try contacting them, because those applications take a while to complete, and you can't even send in your recs until they approve you for secondary. That being said, good luck.