• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
So UCI sent me an email talking about their premed/reapplicant conference they're having which will have mock interviews and info about their med school.

They also talked about their postbac program for reapplicants. HAHAHAHA. The nerve of them...+pissed+

It's ok UCI, I forgive you. :D

About the Ads
E

Eraserhead

I would be insulted if I received such an email, like from Davis which rejected me immediately.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by DoctorKevin
I would be insulted if I received such an email, like from Davis which rejected me immediately.
Davis dragged it out for a half-year for me... no secondary, but no word also. Then, one beautiful morning, I get an email saying... you suck, so we'll stop stringing you along.

WHATEVER!

Dr. Kevin, don't withdraw from UCI unitil the latest possible time, ok?

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Davis dragged it out for a half-year for me... no secondary, but no word also. Then, one beautiful morning, I get an email saying... you suck, so we'll stop stringing you along.

WHATEVER!

Dr. Kevin, don't withdraw from UCI unitil the latest possible time, ok?
porque? i'm still considering it without any more choices.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
porque? i'm still considering it without any more choices.
Oh, if you're still considering it, then do so... I was just thinking that the longer the wait is, the more people will get fed up and withdraw from the alternate list. I'm really nervous about finding a place in Chicago for Loyola that starts in July in time while still waiting to hear from UCI in June... It's going to be really close if I get in.

E

Eraserhead

Oh I'm sure you will hear by June right?
I think there's going to be a whole lotta movement in the next few months.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
Oh I'm sure you will hear by June right?
I think there's going to be a whole lotta movement in the next few months.
I hope so. AND, I hope you hear from Cornell this week. Good luck! If not, then come to Irvine. I don't think you'd like SD. You're personality, from what I've gathered here, is like the students at Irvine.

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
what does it mean if you dont even get the postbacc email? :(

E

Eraserhead

I know personality-wise I would be better off at Irvine. But the selfish, ambitious part of me says go for the higher ranked school and get the better residency. I think I might have better grades at Irvine though if I am more relaxed.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by exmike
what does it mean if you dont even get the postbacc email? :(
Maybe it means that they assumed you got into medical school. I guess they thought I wasn't going to make it based on my application. :laugh: PROVED THEM WRONG. :smuggrin:

Maybe I should respond and say sorry I got in so this email doesn't apply to me.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
eh its their way of making some more money...cant blame em for trying.

but doesnt it feel good to trash that email tho slick? :D

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by jlee9531
eh its their way of making some more money...cant blame em for trying.

but doesnt it feel good to trash that email tho slick? :D
Sure does. Although, I trashed it before I came up with the idea to respond to it. Oh well.

premedmadness

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2003
CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Slickness
Maybe it means that they assumed you got into medical school. I guess they thought I wasn't going to make it based on my application. :laugh: PROVED THEM WRONG. :smuggrin:

Maybe I should respond and say sorry I got in so this email doesn't apply to me.
i seriously wish you did that! it would have been like "HA! SO THERE!" and what do we have to lose anyway at this point by telling them what we really think? that post bac email sounds annoying, i am annoyed for you and am awaiting mine so i can be annoyed for myself too.

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Los Angeles, Calif.
Visit site
Status
slick, who sent it to you exactly?? the admissions office, gayle, the dean, who? maybe it was sent to you through some other listserv.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by docmemi
slick, who sent it to you exactly?? the admissions office, gayle, the dean, who? maybe it was sent to you through some other listserv.
It was sent by Emma Ledesma, some kind of director of the outreach program.

About the Ads