UCI post-bac email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6

Members don't see this ad.
So UCI sent me an email talking about their premed/reapplicant conference they're having which will have mock interviews and info about their med school.

They also talked about their postbac program for reapplicants. HAHAHAHA. The nerve of them...+pissed+

It's ok UCI, I forgive you. :D
 

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
2
Forgive them, slick, for they know not what they do... They are missing out.
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Forgive them, slick, for they know not what they do... They are missing out.
:laugh: True that.
 
E

Eraserhead

I would be insulted if I received such an email, like from Davis which rejected me immediately.
 

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by DoctorKevin
I would be insulted if I received such an email, like from Davis which rejected me immediately.

Davis dragged it out for a half-year for me... no secondary, but no word also. Then, one beautiful morning, I get an email saying... you suck, so we'll stop stringing you along.

WHATEVER!

Dr. Kevin, don't withdraw from UCI unitil the latest possible time, ok?
 
E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Davis dragged it out for a half-year for me... no secondary, but no word also. Then, one beautiful morning, I get an email saying... you suck, so we'll stop stringing you along.

WHATEVER!

Dr. Kevin, don't withdraw from UCI unitil the latest possible time, ok?

porque? i'm still considering it without any more choices.
 

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by DoctorKevin
porque? i'm still considering it without any more choices.

Oh, if you're still considering it, then do so... I was just thinking that the longer the wait is, the more people will get fed up and withdraw from the alternate list. I'm really nervous about finding a place in Chicago for Loyola that starts in July in time while still waiting to hear from UCI in June... It's going to be really close if I get in.
 
E

Eraserhead

Oh I'm sure you will hear by June right?
I think there's going to be a whole lotta movement in the next few months.
 

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by DoctorKevin
Oh I'm sure you will hear by June right?
I think there's going to be a whole lotta movement in the next few months.

I hope so. AND, I hope you hear from Cornell this week. Good luck! If not, then come to Irvine. I don't think you'd like SD. You're personality, from what I've gathered here, is like the students at Irvine.
 

exmike

NOR * CAL
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 19, 2003
Messages
4,206
Reaction score
13
what does it mean if you dont even get the postbacc email? :(
 
E

Eraserhead

I know personality-wise I would be better off at Irvine. But the selfish, ambitious part of me says go for the higher ranked school and get the better residency. I think I might have better grades at Irvine though if I am more relaxed.
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6
Originally posted by exmike
what does it mean if you dont even get the postbacc email? :(
Maybe it means that they assumed you got into medical school. I guess they thought I wasn't going to make it based on my application. :laugh: PROVED THEM WRONG. :smuggrin:

Maybe I should respond and say sorry I got in so this email doesn't apply to me.
 

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2002
Messages
5,470
Reaction score
8
eh its their way of making some more money...cant blame em for trying.

but doesnt it feel good to trash that email tho slick? :D
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6
Originally posted by jlee9531
eh its their way of making some more money...cant blame em for trying.

but doesnt it feel good to trash that email tho slick? :D
Sure does. Although, I trashed it before I came up with the idea to respond to it. Oh well.
 

premedmadness

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Slickness
Maybe it means that they assumed you got into medical school. I guess they thought I wasn't going to make it based on my application. :laugh: PROVED THEM WRONG. :smuggrin:

Maybe I should respond and say sorry I got in so this email doesn't apply to me.

i seriously wish you did that! it would have been like "HA! SO THERE!" and what do we have to lose anyway at this point by telling them what we really think? that post bac email sounds annoying, i am annoyed for you and am awaiting mine so i can be annoyed for myself too.
 

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
1,494
Reaction score
3
slick, who sent it to you exactly?? the admissions office, gayle, the dean, who? maybe it was sent to you through some other listserv.
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6
Originally posted by docmemi
slick, who sent it to you exactly?? the admissions office, gayle, the dean, who? maybe it was sent to you through some other listserv.
It was sent by Emma Ledesma, some kind of director of the outreach program.
 
Top